Muppetvision 3D Effects?

tissandtully

Original Poster
Went to DHS yesterday and Muppetvision's theater effects were pretty much nonexistent. No bubbles, no vacuum wind effect, no water spray. Is this normal now? I hadn't been on it in a couple years. I do have to say, the projection looks great for still being film-based. Compared to other films *ahem* Soarin' *ahem. I was quite surprised.

erasure fan1

It's really long past time for a new movie there. It's old and tired! The pre-show is still funny though! Heck, if you look at the end of the movie when Kermit rides in on the fire truck you can still see perople wearing those awful goofy hats and packs that were the fashion buzz of the early 90s!
Oh god NO. Muppet vision still holds up extremely well to any 3D film in the parks in my eyes. They just need to give all the 4D stuff a good refresh. Other than that it is still awesome and funny through out. Did you not see the no muppet hate banner on the home page? ;)

HiYa Pal

Its been a few months, but I do remember bubbles working, but the vacuum effect wasn't working, and I kinda think the fireworks weren't all working. But I guess only having seen the show over the past 4 years, it's not old to me (yet) My favorite lines are all from Sam the American Eagle "Stopping in the middle of the row would be decidedly unpatriotic" and "We have a glorious 3-hr finale, its a salute to all nations but mostly America"

tissandtully

Original Poster
The bubbles, wind and fireworks were working last week. No water spray though. Might be going there again before we leave on Sunday so I can check if needed?

Do you think these are things they turn off on low capacity days? The theater wasn't crowded at all.

dreamscometrue

Went to DHS yesterday and Muppetvision's theater effects were pretty much nonexistent. No bubbles, no vacuum wind effect, no water spray. Is this normal now? I hadn't been on it in a couple years. I do have to say, the projection looks great for still being film-based. Compared to other films *ahem* Soarin' *ahem. I was quite surprised.

Everything was working when we saw it late Dec. and early Jan. Actually, it looked the best I'd seen it in awhile.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Oh god NO. Muppet vision still holds up extremely well to any 3D film in the parks in my eyes. They just need to give all the 4D stuff a good refresh. Other than that it is still awesome and funny through out. Did you not see the no muppet hate banner on the home page? ;)
Clearly I am in the minority here, but I am not a rabid fan.
I would love a whole new movie here - Muppets based prefered; but not necessary.
Compared to Philharmagic, all of the other 3D offerings blow chunks. (IMO) They all try too hard. And the pace of the Muppets movie is just so frenetic.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's really long past time for a new movie there. It's old and tired! The pre-show is still funny though! Heck, if you look at the end of the movie when Kermit rides in on the fire truck you can still see perople wearing those awful goofy hats and packs that were the fashion buzz of the early 90s!

I also find it funny that even tho Sweetums comes out to see if every one is ok. He's also on the screen at the same time behind a few people..

RonAnnArbor

I think you just had a bad day -- all the effects were working on each trip I have had there in the past 6 months --
Sometimes, too, some areas of the theater have effects turned off, especially if you were sitting in the assessable seating area, but that shouldn't effect the general effects. Sounds to me like something was accidentally turned off, and I would have let the CM know...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom