News MuppetVision 3D closing for refurbishment later this month

Cmdr_Crimson

February 9th: attraction is still closed
February 20th: EXPERIENCE THE NEW SNEAK PREVIEW FOR DISNEY•PIXAR’S ONWARD ONLY AT DHS
giphy.gif

This is why we have OMD's theater to do such things!!

tirian

I feel like this is one of the few 3D films that continues to hold its own, despite its age. The quality of the film and script, timelessness of the characters, and variation of effects is still unmatched by any of the current 3D experiences. Kids and adults alike still seem to enjoy this film.
Just maintaining and upgrading some of the effects could prolong the life of this show for many years, IMO.
I agree. Before its last upgrade, the show felt like a tired, stale relic. The HD restoration injected new life into the film. Disney could simply update the CGI on Waldo, maintain the theatre effects, and keep this around for a long time.

Cmdr_Crimson

I agree. Before its last upgrade, the show felt like a tired, stale relic. The HD restoration injected new life into the film. Disney could simply update the CGI on Waldo, maintain the theatre effects, and keep this around for a long time.

Thing was Waldo's animation was created by PDI the studio that is now owned by Dreamworks Animation......Yes, they could update him now as Henson's studio has been utilizing Digital puppetry for a several years now with their own studio...I'm surprised they haven't done more with it for Disney...Last project they had done with for themed entertainment was Hershey's Chocolate World's 4D mystery show..

tirian

Thing was Waldo's animation was created by PDI the studio that is now owned by Dreamworks Animation......Yes, they could update him now as Henson's studio has been utilizing Digital puppetry for a several years now with their own studio...I'm surprised they haven't done more with it for Disney...Last project they had done with for themed entertainment was Hershey's Chocolate World's 4D mystery show..

Didn’t know that! Thanks for the video! :)

YorkshireT

The seats were absolutely knackered when we went in over Christmas, was surprised because I recall it being redone in 2016? I think. I know they get quite a lot of hammer, but even so they were very scruffy. Suspect the last refurb was not of the highest quality if it was 2016.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
There is absolutely no reason to replace an elaborately themed large theatre for a specific attraction such as this with a movie preview when this park already has a theatre that is the perfect capacity, and makes the most sense (after a museum on the Disney company)... On top of THAT, having that mickey toons short theatre, AAAND the theatre in launch bay. AAAAAAAAAAAND the flex theatre at the imagination pavilion in Epcot.

JS.

MickeyLuv'r

I'd love to see Muppets updated to have multiple versions. I'd love if they did away with Waldo.

It also bugs me when we can see Sweetums both in person and on the screen at the same time (at the end of the show). Just NO! That should never be allowed!!!!!!

esskay

The closest thing to a timeless 3D show there is. Aside from slight character voice changes over the years, The Muppets with decent writing can be immortal. The show has a great concept of 3D gimmicks vs quality in a show that is filled with both. Pure fun. I hope it gets the upkpeep it deserves.

Totally agree, although that being said I quite like @MickeyLuv'r 's suggestion, seasonal variations would be nice. Theres no reason Disney can't do it, they're arguably the biggest producer of movies/tv in the world, a 10 minute muppet movie every few years is nothing to them but would infinitely improve the experience and more importantly, the attendance in the show.

Cmdr_Crimson

What is sad is that the majority of Muppet performers in that entire show now are either retired or passed on...Except Dave Goelez...

It also bugs me when we can see Sweetums both in person and on the screen at the same time (at the end of the show). Just NO! That should never be allowed!!!!!!

I had made a post about this that shows a neat set of behind the scenes photos including the reason sweetums was there..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom