Muppets Plaza

figmntal95

Original Poster
Here we go... my idea for a whole Muppet themed area of DHS. You may think it's a bit large in the end, but part of it is that only few ideas would actually end up in the park. So basically, I'm just spewing out ideas for Muppet attractions, restaurants, shows and shops. Some have already come and gone, but have been improved, and some have been a rumor for years. And some are completely original. But here it is:

-The Long Rumored Gonzo's Pizza Pandemonium: A replacement for Pizza Planet, (which we may actually see in the near future due to the opening of TSM) but themed to the Muppets. The story is that the restaurant is owned by best buddies Gonzo and Rizzo, along with Gonzo's chicken girlfriend Camilla and other chickens, Rizzo's family and friends (RATS), and the cooking assistance of none other then The Swedish Chef. The entire restaurant would be decorated with various Muppet props, and T.V. screens playing classic Muppet Show Episodes and Muppet Movies. Once you ordered your food, you would go sit at a designated table. Then, in a few minutes, your food would be delivered via train! And driving that train would be one of the rats (AA) or maybe even Rizzo. During the entire time you are there, you will hear Gonzo and Rizzo talking, rats scurrying around, chickens making noises, and of course, the Chef saying: "Vloopdee scoo de flutse gorf bork bork bork!" Various doors would fly open, and smoke would come out. It would turn out to be one of the most amazing restaurants is WDW.

-Muppet Vision 3D would be there, with no changes whatsoever. I'm pretty much just building this whole thing around it.

-The Muppet Courtyard: The "hub" of Muppet plaza. It would include the Muppet Fountain, a statue of Jim Henson and Kermit, and a recreation of the walk of fame... Muppet style. Music would be playing, classic songs such as: The Muppet Show Theme, Mahna Mahna, Moving Right Along, Can You Picture That, Bein' Green, Rainbow Connection, Hey a Movie, Happiness Hotel, Turn the world around, and more.

-The redo of the Muppet Vision gift shop: Would have less Disney Merchandise, but more Muppet Merchandise. Both sections would be restored (The Happiness Hotel section, and the Muppet Baby's Nursery section.) Muppet props would be scattered around the shop. Muppet music would also be playing.

-Rizzo's Pawn Shop: Please note, this is not that little stand they slapped down in front of Muppet Vision in DCA and called it a gift shop. The whole idea of this store is that Rizzo (along with the help of the other rats) turned the Muppet's backstage area into a shop, selling various things he found just lying around. This place would not sell the same stuff as the Muppet Vision Gift shop, it would sell recreations of Muppet props, such as Scooter's green and yellow Muppet Theater Jacket, a hat just like Fozzie's, and other awesome collectibles.

- Muppet Hall Of Fame: A building with several pictures showcasing Muppets and hilarious Muppet records, and such. Also features a computer database with info on almost all the Muppets, with pictures.

- The triumphant return of Muppet Mobile Labs, with all new material.

- A show, either with AA's or full bodied characters (Like Muppets on Location and Here Come the Muppets, only a lot better.)

- More walk around characters, to the addition of Kermit, Piggy, and Sweetums: Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Bean Bunny, Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Zoot, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Scooter, Rizzo, The Swedish Chef, Sam Eagle and Rowlf. Well.... at least a couple of those.

- Of Course... The Muppet Movie Ride: The Great Movie Ride, but with Muppets. Parodies would include: Frankenstein, Wizard of Oz, Star Wars, The Godfather, Peter Pan, Indiana Jones, and more. (If you have any ideas for any movies that would make a great addition to this ride, please share.) Hilarity and disaster would ensue almost each scene.

- Kermit's Swamp Adventure: A nice relaxing boat ride through a swamp. You would see Kermit's frog Family, including his nephew Robin the Frog, and characters from Kermit's Swamp Years. The finale of the the ride would be an AA Kermit singing Rainbow Connection, sitting on a log, playing his banjo.

- Beau's Taxi Ride: A Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin type ride based on the scene from The Great Muppet Caper where Beau, the janitor from The Muppet Show, is the taxi driver. There would be sharp turns, tires screeching, close calls, beeping horns, speeds of over 50 mph, and in the end, crashing through the front wall of the Happiness Hotel. Did I mention Beau isn't the best driver?

-PPPPPIIIIIGGGGGSSSSS IIINNN SSSPPPAAACCCEEE Experience: A simulator ride that placed you right in the control room of the S.S. Swinetrek, along with Captain Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork and First Mate Piggy.

Pick one of these:

-Cooking With the Swedish Chef: An interactive experience along the lines of Laugh Floor and Turtle Talk. Chef would interact with the people, and be assisted by a "translator" who would make sense of the Chef's Mock Swedish.

-Muppet Labs Demonstration: My choice over the Swedish Chef thing. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew would be giving demonstrations of Muppet Lab's newest technologies, along with his assistant, Beaker. It would be the same as the Swedish Chef thing, with the pair interacting with the guests. But this would be different from the others, because it would have special effects included, such as smells, water spraying, and smoke.

-The Veterinarian's Hospital: Join Nurse Piggy (Miss Piggy), Nurse Janice (Janice), and the punacious Dr. Bob (Rowlf) as they operate on patients.

-Electric Mayhem-Live!: Another interactive show idea where the Electric Mayhem plays some of their classic songs, answer questions, and maybe even take requests!

So that's it. Actually, it's not. In a few hours, I probably think of something else. Feel free to add your ideas. In the end, there may be enough to turn Muppet Plaza into Muppet theme Park.

So, bring on the comments, criticism, questions, requests, additions, whatever.

figmntal95

Original Poster
Yeah, I wasn't very fond of the swamp ride either. It was kind of a fill in ride for kids... Beau's Taxi would be a bit too intense for the young'ins.

figmntal95

Original Poster
Just updated the Original Post with Pigs in Space and Swedish Chef and Muppet Labs.

Trying to think up some sort of roller coaster, maybe a RnRC type ride but with the Electric Mayhem instead. Or maybe "Gonzo's Insane Stunt Coaster." The latter sounds a bit more interesting.

MonsterManX

Wow...I have like this hidden love for the Muppets and everything you wrote I invisioned, and I really enjoyed it , great job! As For The rollercoaster. How bout this?

"The Electric Mayhem Destroyer" - With A "great" name like that how can you go wrong? Go from 0-60 in an insane rollercoaster with turns and drops. Experience a Concert like never before With Technology made by Dr.Bunsen Honeydew by rocking out while being on a ride. Nicknamed "Motion Rockage" , with this concerts never felt so real! Featuring Music By none other then The Electric Mayhem! Warning , some people have reported recent "power outages"....go on at your own cost.

I think this should be like Space Mountain + Rockin Roller Coaster + Shock value from Expedition Everest , Minus loops , good for Kids and a lot of fun. At The End Of The Ride you ride past the Electric Mayhem themselves playing and thanking you for the experience.

figmntal95

Original Poster
I actually decided to scrap the Electric Mayhem coaster idea (because it would be WAY to similar to nearby RnRC) and go ahead with Gonzo's Stunt Coaster.

It would be a roller coaster built by Gonzo, the chickens, and the rats. So.. it wouldn't be the most stable. You would go through a ring of fire, do loops and corkscrews, feel as if there is no track under you as you jump over a pool of sharks, and every once in a while, the car would be violently shook.

lilclerk

I actually decided to scrap the Electric Mayhem coaster idea (because it would be WAY to similar to nearby RnRC) and go ahead with Gonzo's Stunt Coaster.

It would be a roller coaster built by Gonzo, the chickens, and the rats. So.. it wouldn't be the most stable. You would go through a ring of fire, do loops and corkscrews, feel as if there is no track under you as you jump over a pool of sharks, and every once in a while, the car would be violently shook.
THAT would be awesome.

All your ideas here are great, keep it up!

comics101

-Rizzo's Pawn Shop: Please note, this is not that little stand they slapped down in front of Muppet Vision in DCA and called it a gift shop. The whole idea of this store is that Rizzo (along with the help of the other rats) turned the Muppet's backstage area into a shop, selling various things he found just lying around. This place would not sell the same stuff as the Muppet Vision Gift shop, it would sell recreations of Muppet props, such as Scooter's green and yellow Muppet Theater Jacket, a hat just like Fozzie's, and other awesome collectibles.

I really like this idea! That's fantastic.

- More walk around characters, to the addition of Kermit, Piggy, and Sweetums: Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Bean Bunny, Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Zoot, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Scooter, Rizzo, The Swedish Chef, Sam Eagle and Rowlf. Well.... at least a couple of those

This may be too expensive, but I've always wished they'd have real muppeteers as the characters, kind of like the way Dreamfinder and Figment used to be...

- Beau's Taxi Ride: A Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin type ride based on the scene from The Great Muppet Caper where Beau, the janitor from The Muppet Show, is the taxi driver. There would be sharp turns, tires screeching, close calls, beeping horns, speeds of over 50 mph, and in the end, crashing through the front wall of the Happiness Hotel. Did I mention Beau isn't the best driver?

In my humble opinion, this is your strongest idea. This would just be totally sweet!

-PPPPPIIIIIGGGGGSSSSS IIINNN SSSPPPAAACCCEEE Experience: A simulator ride that placed you right in the control room of the S.S. Swinetrek, along with Captain Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork and First Mate Piggy.

This could be cool as well.

Pick one of these:

-Cooking With the Swedish Chef: An interactive experience along the lines of Laugh Floor and Turtle Talk. Chef would interact with the people, and be assisted by a "translator" who would make sense of the Chef's Mock Swedish.

-Muppet Labs Demonstration: My choice over the Swedish Chef thing. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew would be giving demonstrations of Muppet Lab's newest technologies, along with his assistant, Beaker. It would be the same as the Swedish Chef thing, with the pair interacting with the guests. But this would be different from the others, because it would have special effects included, such as smells, water spraying, and smoke.

I can't choose between the chef or the scientists. They're both just awsome ideas.

MonsterManX

hm call me crazy , but wouldn't it be cool to see like one of those rides where they spin you (similar to the tea cups) and yeah they move you up and down? Like think of those rides where you do you spin yourself , there's a bar and it can fit like 3 people or so and you just go insanely fast. Something along the likes of that with the Muppets could be "epic".

figmntal95

Original Poster
I can't choose between the chef or the scientists. They're both just awsome ideas.

I'm beginning to side with the Chef.. only because the Muppet Mobile Labs will be roaming around outside.

And in between alleys, I would like people to hear the Muppets. Maybe Beaker screaming followed by an explosion. I would personally LOVE to hear Lew Zealand yell "Boomerang Fish!" and then hear him throw it. That would make a few people jump.

figmntal95

Original Poster
Updated the original post with Vet's Hospital and Electric Mayhem concert.

Brainstorming ideas for a dark ride... focusing towards the movies (besides The great Muppet Caper.) Thinking about maybe a dark ride based on the Movin' Right Along scene, where you ride in Fozzie's Studabaker through the U.S., and maybe even see Big Bird, making his way to New York! The whole ride would be synchronized to the song Movin' Right Along, so when Fozzie sings: "Send someone to fetch us, we're in Saskatchewan", you'll pass by an AA canadian mountie.

Maybe a dark ride based around the scene from A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, where Kermit wonders what the world would be like if he was never born. You would pass by scenes of what things would be like without everyone's favorite frog.

Or maybe a ride thru of one of the movies, like Snow White and Peter Pan.

Sorta desperate for any sort of ride with The Muppets take manhattan, so if anyone has any ideas, please share.

spencer101f

Regarding Muppets Take Manhattan, how about doing a dark ride with one of the following three scenarios?

A) The Muppets take you through a mis-guided tour of New York where they explain things wrong, tell you what's wrong, and pop up as "tourists" here and there.

B) The Muppets take you backstage during one of their performances to see what really goes on, hilarity ensues, and all falls apart.

C) Take a dark ride through the "Manhattan Melodies" scene. Guests can tour onstage, backstage, and every which way in between.

?

Just some ideas.

figmntal95

Original Poster
OK.. this is slightly ridiculous, but my latest plan is to make a Autopia style ride based on the game Muppet Race Mania. It features over 30 Muppets racing together. I would like to incorporate all of their cars for people to ride in, but I have decided to choose the main characters. Some of the cars, such as Kermits, are pretty lame. So, here are the cars guests can ride in, and their corresponding characters. Some are from the game, some I made up. Love it or hate it.

Lilypad Car- Kermit (Made up)

Swinetrek or Pink Limo- Miss Piggy (Made up, in game she drives a Monster Truck!)

Flying Saucer- Gonzo (From game)

Studebaker- Fozzie (Made up

Cheese Car- Rizzo (Game)

Hovercraft or Moon Buggy- Bunsen/Beaker (Bunsen drives hover, Beaker drives Moon Buggy in game)

Dog Bone Car- Rowlf (Made up)

Electric Mayhem Bus- The Electric Mayhem (Made up, suprisingly)

Go-Kart- Pepe (Game)

Red White and Blue Plane- Sam (Game)

Hot Dog- Swedish Chef (Game)

Dune Buggy- Scooter (Game)

You would be able to determine who's car is who by the liscense plate.

Everyone would be racing, and the winner would be given a sticker of the character who's car they were in that says Congratulations or something.

You would race through The Muppet Theatre from the Muppet Show, Kermit's Swamp from The Muppet Movie, Happiness Hotel from The Great Muppet Caper, London Square During Christmas from The Muppet Christmas Carol, Treasure Island or The Hispaniola from Muppet Treasure Island, and C.O.V.N.E.T. from Muppets from Space. Quite possibly even the yellow brick road, Munchkinland or the Emerald City from Muppets Wizard of Oz.

Will this be expensive? Yes.

This is all assuming that Mickey Mouse finds a cure for the common cold, by the way. :animwink:

figmntal95

Original Poster
That is very Awesome! I love the Muppets! And Maybe Sesame Street Gift Shop! Including Sesame Street Merchandise!

Disney doesn't own Sesame Street, they only own The Muppets, Fraggle Rock and Bear in the Big Blue House. So, I'm sure they would not be able to sell Sesame Street merchandise.

Disneyson 1

No it isn't, it's just that Disney can't leagally show any Sessame Street stuff in their parks. If they could, believe me, they would!

figmntal95

Original Poster
This may be too expensive, but I've always wished they'd have real muppeteers as the characters, kind of like the way Dreamfinder and Figment used to be...

You see, most of the characters I mentioned had already had costumes created for The Muppets On Location and Here come the Muppets. If you have never seen these shows, they are on youtube. Anyway, the characters created for those shows were: The Electric Mayhem, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Bean Bunny. Kermit and Piggy had already been created earlier for a show called Hollywood's Pretty Woman. And Sweetums was created for Muppet Vision.

So, the only problems would be that since the costumes were from the 90's, they may need a little touch-up.

I think the puppeteers is a great idea, but it would only work for smaller characters like Kermit, Rizzo, and Pepe. These would be about the same size as Figment. Other characters like Miss Piggy and Fozzie, would a bit strange if you ask me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom