Mummy vs. E.E.

JT3000

DarkMeasures said:
I am sorry to say, but there is no way Mummy will be better than Everest. I mean lets first of all compare the budgets.

Mummy was built for less than 80 million and happens to be Universal's most expensive attraction yet.

Everest will be at over 100 million dollars and will feature a line built to the quality of Indiana Jones and Dueling Dragons. But besides that, the ride itself will be built to a quality that until now, only Tokyo Disney has seen.

Besides that, Mummy wasn't that great to begin with. It is a great ride but the theming and the story left much to be desired. (Especially the line, if someone can explain how that is a detailed line, I will be happy because that line pales to Dueling Dragon's).

How exactly is ROTM, at 40 million, Universal's most expensive attraction? Is Spider-Man, the world's single most expensive attraction, just a figment of my imagination? And since when was an attraction's budget a gaurantee of anything? You know what my nickname for Mission: Space is? Mission: Expensive Piece of Crap. Because that's what it is. You seem to know an awful lot about Everest for a person who has never been on it. You're sitting there making fantastical guesses about something you've never seen, and won't for awhile. How about we stop giving into our biases and wait for it to open? Wouldn't want your high hopes dashed, would we?

As for attraction quality, I'd easily take Spider-Man, among other rides here, over anything in Tokyo any day of the week.Twice on Tuesdays.

Even if Mummy ends up being better, who cares? So Universal wins that battle. They still lose the war.

Who cares? Everyone who doesn't share your opinion. That's who. ;)

Testtrack321

I JUST got off of my time machine, and found out quite a bit, (btw Grizz, watch out on August 15th as you exit your car), and let me tell you, Journey into your Imagination rocks them BOTH!

bsandersjr

I will say that I am very impressed with the Mummy. I too am impressed with Mission space. I just don't see how you all can argue each other's opinions. Who cares how much they spend on each ride?

Now, for my opinion...... To me, the Mummy seems so great because of the comparison to the rest of the attractions at Universal Studios. I feel that Universal Studios was getting so boring that any new ride would seem "awesome" there.

But, then again, it is just an opinion. :brick:

JROK

Isn't the majority of the budget for EE going into constructing the giant mountain... Disney's largest structure ever built to date... hmm... I think so... and they are two different types of rides... EE is a roller coaster where as Mummy was trying a new route for coasters... a dark ride/coaster mix...

KumbaRider

Why should this matter? Everest will be a fun and fulfilling attraction nonetheless. Mummy should not be compared because it is a different type of ride and experience. Both are and will be great.

JROK

I agree, EE will be a great ride... you can't really compare EE with Mummy because they are two different rides entirely... I can't wait for EE and I love riding the Mummy... can't you love them both?? Why is there such a competition between these two parks when they're both so different and appeal to different markets??

disneylands

Account Suspended
Really?

1st of all I heard that the mummy ride sucked. Every Professional critic that reviewed the ride said that it was nothing specail, and was a knock off of some of the best disney attractions.

2nd of all I agree with MrNonacho to the fact that it is a year before EE will open so there is no way of telling.

3rd of all EE and RoM are two completley different rides EE is a rollercoaster and RoM is a mixture between a rollercoaster and like... spiderman or something.

4th Disney is not even trying (that hard) to compete with Universal as much as people think, If you have seen that Disney Video on the Travel Channel than you would know that they are not focused on cometeing as they are keeping up with what their guests want.

but i personaly dont think you can compare the two.

disneylands

Account Suspended
JROK said:
I agree, EE will be a great ride... you can't really compare EE with Mummy because they are two different rides entirely... I can't wait for EE and I love riding the Mummy... can't you love them both?? Why is there such a competition between these two parks when they're both so different and appeal to different markets??

I agree, however I can understand the bitterness between the two. On several other forums. The Universal fans bash the Disney Fans, maybe thats it?:hammer:
oh well another reason is that the disney fans could feel threatened by Universal, however there is really no need Universal has no more land to expand while Disney has several miles to continue to develop.

However as I said before Universal has some awsomely awsome :) rides and so does disney. I love them both!

Madison

disneylands said:
1st of all I heard that the mummy ride sucked. Every Professional critic that reviewed the ride said that it was nothing specail, and was a knock off of some of the best disney attractions.

Who on Earth is a professional critic of theme park rides?

Connor002

this is one of the most pointless comparisons i've ever sceen

how are you going to compare two rides when one isn't even opened yet

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

disneylands

Account Suspended
The_CEO said:
Just because they are given a chance to write to the public about their experiences doesn't make them special.

yeah but, I didnt say they were special. I was just saying what they said, obviously you have a different opinion, and thats fine. they have their own opinions and you have yours it doesnt mean that you have to agree with them!

disneylands

Account Suspended
Madison said:
I'd be remarkably surprised if a trade publication had anything bad to say about the industry it covers.

they didnt say anything bad, like I said above, they (like any other magazine) stated the editors opinion on the attraction.

anyway Im done arguing on this thread, I hate arguing so Im not replying to any other comments about me or the subject, just because I dont want to get into a fight and make any enemies.

DarkMeasures

JT3000 said:
How exactly is ROTM, at 40 million, Universal's most expensive attraction? Is Spider-Man, the world's single most expensive attraction, just a figment of my imagination? And since when was an attraction's budget a gaurantee of anything? You know what my nickname for Mission: Space is? Mission: Expensive Piece of Crap. Because that's what it is. You seem to know an awful lot about Everest for a person who has never been on it. You're sitting there making fantastical guesses about something you've never seen, and won't for awhile. How about we stop giving into our biases and wait for it to open? Wouldn't want your high hopes dashed, would we?

As for attraction quality, I'd easily take Spider-Man, among other rides here, over anything in Tokyo any day of the week.Twice on Tuesdays.

Who cares? Everyone who doesn't share your opinion. That's who. ;)

First of all, get off my Internet.

And second, you would be amazed how things tend to always be right on with my expectations. Everest is going to be godly no matter what.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
DarkMeasures said:
First of all, get off my Internet.

And second, you would be amazed how things tend to always be right on with my expectations. Everest is going to be godly no matter what.

godly compared to living in Illinois. don't you people ride corn silos for fun? woohoo, I'm goin' to Peoria for the weekend. then impregnating cows.

you've got some guy who's never been on ROTM saying everything's he's HEARD sucks. and it's ripoff of Disney's best rides. name any of Disney's attractions that uses ROTM's tech.

I like this thread, it's a poo fling. :)

DarkMeasures

Ralph Wiggum said:
godly compared to living in Illinois. don't you people ride corn silos for fun? woohoo, I'm goin' to Peoria for the weekend. then impregnating cows.

you've got some guy who's never been on ROTM saying everything's he's HEARD sucks. and it's ripoff of Disney's best rides. name any of Disney's attractions that uses ROTM's tech.

I like this thread, it's a poo fling. :)

What? I was on ROTM when it was less than a month old. When everything was working great. Plus, I live in northern Illinois near the Chicago area. You know, one of the biggest cities in the US. It has a tower called the Sears Tower. It used to be the world's tallest....

But I do like ROTM. I didn't say I hate it.

But as for naming attractions using ROTM's tech. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad uses LIMs just like Mummy to move the trains. Pirates of the Carribean has Audio-animatronics. Space Mountain is an indoor rollercoaster. The Great Movie ride has lots of fire and stuff like that.

What you said made no sense at all. All you did was insult me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom