Multiple Resorts Switch to Shared Costumes for Certain Cast Members UPDATED

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Over the last several months multiple resorts have switched to unthemed generic costumes across multiple locations. These are for housekeeping and custodial hosts at the following locations:

Contemporary, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs (coral shirt with olive pants)

Boardwalk, Riviera, Pop, Art, Old Key West, Yacht and Beach (blue top with navy pants)

Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness (tan top and kaki pants)

these costumes do look much more comfortable for the cast, especially in such a physically demanding role, but leads to a potential watering down of the themed environment in some of these resorts.

UPDATE

all star sports, all star music, all star movies and Saratoga Springs have also all switched over to the blue costume.

currently only Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Port Orleans have their own specific costume left.

794D0451-3970-4283-B5B3-5CD1C132C053.jpegB418EE9E-5650-42F2-903E-1CC07E10627F.jpeg0F7F0E5C-9C61-44AE-A341-B4D0EEEF9BA5.jpeg

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

Long gone are the days when Cast Members would check out their costumes at the beginning of every shift, now you collect 5 of them and bring them home. It was originally sold as a way to save the company money by not paying the extra 20 minutes they'd pay you to change in/out of your costume. However, the net result was that it wound up in a lot of missing wardrobe pieces thanks to the high turnover rate.

Was a big downgrade in show quality, as you see Tower of Terror bellhops pumping gas and SWGE inhabitants at Publix.

Regardless, this change (which happened many years ago now) likely led to this here, so cast members can be utilized at multiple resorts, without having to get new costumes.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Reminds me of the homoginized Asia costumes, which I don't imagine was done for comfort (A change from t-shirts). Absolutely a cost cutter. How depressing. I wish they had at least done something fun for the wilderness costumes.
The costume change DAK went through a couple years ago was, for the most part, awful and a downgrade

Jon81uk

They're really trying to eliminate every drop of unique theming from the hotels, aren't they?

Even ignoring that, though, all three of those costumes are hideous. They look like something from a 1980s sci-fi TV show.

To me they just look like very standard housekeeping staff uniforms. Could be any hotel in the world. But for housekeeping and cleaning staff that doesn't bother me. Save the more elaborate costumes for those in more customer-facing roles.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
When you're concerned about theming for custodial staff, you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm more concerned about what they're supposed to be doing, not what they're wearing.
I wasn’t complaining, just sharing news, and im sure these cast are much happier in these outfits compared to what some of them used to be :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom