Multiple locations

wombat

Original Poster
I have noticed that quite a few people say that they are staying at more than one resort during their stay at WDW.

Is there any particular reason for this as it seems quite a lot of bother to stay at a resort for one night then move to another.

Debbie

I have noticed that quite a few people say that they are staying at more than one resort during their stay at WDW.

Is there any particular reason for this as it seems quite a lot of bother to stay at a resort for one night then move to another.

I have only changed resorts once. I took my step-mom and one of my girlfriends to celebrate our 40th birthday. Both had never been to WDW before and probably would never again. I decided to have them experience POR and Wilderness Lodge as I had never stayed at those resorts either. We did three nites POR and 2 nites Wilderness Lodge in early December that year. I'm glad we got to experience those resorts and sure enough, step-mom has never been back (my dad and she did visit 48 states though before he passed)

epcotisbest

We like time spent at the resorts and have now stayed at almost all of them. Just experiencing the resorts is fun. Not everyone goes to the parks every day. It is kinda like going to a buffet. Why only eat one item when there are many to try? We have stayed at many different offsite places as well instead of going back to the same one each time.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Many reasons for this:

Cost
Variety
Proximity

I've stayed at the Contemp for 2 nights and did two straight days at MK. (Basically walked right over). Then checked into Beach Club and hit EPCOT - DHS for another couple of nights. Don't deal with parking lots, bus transportation, or waste a lot of time waiting on such. Plus it's quick to hit the room and recharge and then be right back at it. Everybody has got their thing. I don't do that often, but I still do it from time to time.

It's not really a bother, For a 4 or 5 night trip you can pack pretty light. So either let Disney transfer your bags or preferably just drop them off with the bell service at the new resort. It doesn't really impact anything. If I left the Contemp at 8:30am and left my bags at Beach Club by 8:45am - (I've already checked in via the app) - then simply walk over to International Gateway to be there by 9am. By usually no later than 1pm - I've got a text about my new room.

Dr. Ludwig von Drake

Availability.

Most recently, we stayed at All Stars one night while passing through Orlando on our way home from a medical trip. Decided to stay an extra day but had to move to Port Orleans.

In general, we prefer one hotel. No packing and unpacking.

LUVofDIS

Mostly we have done it because we decided to add an extra day or two after the fact and the resort we were currently book at had no rooms available therefore we needed a different resort.

There has been a few times where the resort we wanted to stay at only had so many nights available so we had to choose a different resort for the other part of our stay.

Then there are times when we want to experience different resorts.

JIMINYCR

Friends of ours resort hop. No matter how long or short of a trip they take, they split it up into 2 resort stays. They want to experience as many different resorts as they can. They have their favorites but want to try all of them themselves and not just take others reviews. Some of them have been better and some worse than the reviews they read about. They always stay at one of their favorites on the last half of their trip to ensure they get an anjoyable stay in at the end.

Bronson55

Last year my we flew in two days early to beat the hurricane which was to hit on arrival day. My wife and I were able to add those days to our BC reservation. The other travel with couple had to book at another resort due to availability. This year we booked reservations for Beach Club 9/4-14.
Then we found out our airline had no direct flights into MCO which was unusual. We decided to book a room only reservation at POFQ from 9/1-3 to extend our trip and be able to fly non stop. We are looking forward to these additional room only days to relax at the pool and then take the boat to Disney Springs each evening.

Last edited:

Disneyfreak Jen

I did it twice. I added extra days after my initial booking and my resort was unavailable. It’s not my preference but it was only 1 night so I didn’t have to fully unpack and repack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom