MT's Worldly Update 9/1/05

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
EPCOT CENTER (I'm feeling the retro):

College_Program_119.jpg

SSE's exterior is completely peg free and ready for cleaning. The mural is still behind the wall and no new signs have been put in.

Mouse Gear has the yellow retro shirts back in, but all they have is large. People WANT the retro stuff, I've seen countless guests wearing it and looking at it at Mouse Gear. I think retro WDW stuff (with the old logo) would sell well also. I want more EPCOT stuff, and I'm pretty sure guests do also.
College_Program_090.jpg

I've been to EPCOT 4 times this week and still haven't seen Muppet Mobile Lab...it allegedly leaves on 9/6.

I rode M:S Green for the first time...folks, if you can handle it, do yourself a favor and ride orange...the version that the designers intended is the best.

UoE actually had a wait.

Some teenager snuck past the WoL closed sign and bushes all the way up to the pavillion and looked in the window...I watched the whole time thinking it was someone from here.

I never saw the old O' Canada movie, but the new one is good, and it'll likely be a repeat attraction for me in World Showcase.

Disney-MGM Studios:

Tower and RnRC both were out of FP's. I managed to ride Tower fairly quickly, but RnRC's line was too long for my tastes (the luxury of living here).

GMR had a long wait, but that's because the line wasn't moving. I'm thinking something either went wrong, or they were shorthanded.

TSM still looks the same.

Sounds Dangerous was open...is it usually open?

The big news from D-MGM is a construction wall in front of Star Tours with a very obvious plywood structure behind it. Any ideas what is going on?
College_Program_124.jpg

D-MGM is going to need more than a name change and TSM to turn things around. This park needs help in the worst way. It's Labor Day weekend and it was basically a ghost town except for Sunset. Most snack and merch. carts in the park were closed up around 6. I barely want to go there anymore...in fact, I've lived here a week and today was the first time I went...and I basically stayed a hour and a half. Trips to MK, EC, and DAK are all very much more rewarding.
College_Program_128.jpg

College_Program_130.jpg

Magic Kingdom:

Very busy. Even with many people waiting for Spectro, the major attractions were 30-40mins.

There was a strobe light behind the scaffolding at the mansion...perhaps a new lightning effect?

The creepy clowns in Spectro are still face characters.

Wishes was the best I've ever seen. Everything seemed to be on time and magical.

College_Program_141.jpg

maggiegrace1

Awww...Look at the cute bears..:)

Great pics....:)

I want one of those shirts but a womans one..Do they have other styles besides basic T-shirts?

Glad you are enjoying your college program..:)

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
Awww...Look at the cute bears..:)

Great pics....:0

I want one of those shirts but a womans one..Do they have other styles besides basic T-shirts?

Glad you are enjoying your college program..:)

Thanks!:wave:

Right now, all they have are mens.

There are three styles:
A) Black with the multicolored EPCOT CENTERS
B) Baseball style white tee with red sleeves with mulitcolored old EPCOT logos.
C) The yellow pictured above.

:kiss:

IROC it

I think I remember someone tipping us off to a permanent Jedi Training Academy coming to the Star Tours area...

Perhaps that is what you saw?:shrug:

doop

Thanks for the updates and pictures, I need to get my hands on one of those retro EPCOT Center T-Shirts.

mpaul32001

The Muppet Mobile Lab was there, September 1st....

I was there and here are the times they came out...there may be more!

11:00

3:00

4:20

Hopefully this helps! I am posting video on youtube as we speak.

Oh, and keep in mind they do not come out on Sunday, this is when the Doc, and Beaker take their day off...:wave:

Figment82

Oh yes, guests want the retro Epcot shirts. There is a huge demand for the yellow shirt (in a size other than large). I hope the powers at be are listening to this - guests want more retro!

Glad you are enjoying your CP so far - trust me, it'll go by faster than you can imagine!

teebin

why is the title of this thread dated 9/1/05. Have I awoken in a time warp? I was under the impression it was 2007...

joanna71985

Oh yes, guests want the retro Epcot shirts. There is a huge demand for the yellow shirt (in a size other than large). I hope the powers at be are listening to this - guests want more retro!

Glad you are enjoying your CP so far - trust me, it'll go by faster than you can imagine!

Amen to that.:( It went by way too fast.

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
40 minutes is busy for major attractions? :lol: Someone is in for a rude awakening.

That's longer than I'm willing to wait now that I live here. The longest I've waited is for Soarin'-30mins. I'm not going to wait 40 mins for things I usually get on in 10-20.

Plus, the streets were PACKED for Spectro, you could barely get around, and the weather wasn't very magical yesterday evening.

coasterphil

The Muppet Mobile Lab was there, September 1st....

I was there and here are the times they came out...there may be more!

11:00

3:00

4:20

Hopefully this helps! I am posting video on youtube as we speak.

Oh, and keep in mind they do not come out on Sunday, this is when the Doc, and Beaker take their day off...:wave:

They were out today. I can't remember the exact time, but I think it was around 10 or so. I stopped to watch it for 5 minutes, and the interaction is way too flat and the volume was too low to really hear what they were saying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom