Mt. Everest

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by imagineersrock
why are so many people with information regarding secrets of disney always so hesitant to reveal it..?

I can only speak for myself on this.
The info that I have came from inside WDI, and the people who gave it to me asked me to not divulge the exact info until such information is released officially. Some info can be traced by the company, and people can loose jobs, or in the case of second party info, they can loose valuable sources.

Also, as for people in the know contradicting each other, I don't think I've been contradicted yet. I would encourage anyone who has info different from mine to post it, like I have.

WEDMagic

photo

The photo you were talking about with the land clearing is a old photo 2 years or so....this is in a slightly different local but would add the that space

Hank Scorpio

Re: photo

Originally posted by WEDMagic
The photo you were talking about with the land clearing is a old photo 2 years or so....this is in a slightly different local but would add the that space

Ah - sorry, thought it was more recent then that. Oh well... :lookaroun

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I recently got back from Florida and was lucky enough to have lunch with an Imagineer while on the Disney Magic. Over lunch, I asked him a question (actually many questions) pertaining to attraction capacity at AK. I knew he wouldn't answer any specific questions so I just addressed the capacity issue. Well, he got a huge smile on his face and said that this issue was going to be addressed VERY SOON. We discussed the fact that it isn't a "full day park" and he said that Disney was quite aware of that. Disney invested a lot of $$$ developing shops and restaurants that close early due to this fact. It is one of the biggest complaints about the park, but the park itself gets very high marks. Personally, it's my favorite of the parks in Florida. He also added (on his own) that AK has the most available land for expansion of all the parks, all the while SMILING. When asked about the area set aside for BK, more big smiling and nodding was his reaction. While he never gave any specifics, he did say that lots of BIG things are on the horizon for both AK AND Epcot. I also asked whether a slow down in the economy would slow down developement of any of these projects, and the impression he gave me was no. They need to be done to keep the turnstiles turning. This guy has been with the company for a long time, so I was fortunate to be able to meet with him, and it was all by chance. I think over the next few months, we're going to hear some announcements that will make all of us happy.

One more thing....He had just been able to see Mickey's Philharmagic while at WDW before the cruise, and said that it's incredible. The best they've produced to date. Maybe even too short.

WDWKing

Originally posted by steve2wdw
One more thing....He had just been able to see Mickey's Philharmagic while at WDW before the cruise, and said that it's incredible. The best they've produced to date. Maybe even too short.

I don't know about that one. Last I heard the screens weren't even up but that was a couple of months ago. Can someone confirm? Wait one more thing, how do you know he was an Imagineer?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
The Imagineer talked about more animal area's but did not mention what area of the world they would represent.

As far as Philharmagic goes, one of the last posts speculated about the screens being up. Eisner was at MK to visit Philharmagic this past week, so I'm sure they must be. The Imagineer I talked with provided great detail about the attraction (movie itself), so I'm sure he was not making this up. Why would he?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I know he was an Imagineer because he was doing an Imagineering lecture about the construction of ToT and BTMR, on the Disney Magic. I caught him after the lecture outside the Buena Vista Theatre to ask a few questions, and he asked me if I'd like to join him for lunch. I questioned him on his 25 year tenure with the company. How lucky could I have been?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
It almost looks to me like you're reading into him a bit too much. He was smiling? You do realize that means that he can't keep a straight face while he gives you vague answers, or just lies generally to you. Because he gave a lecture on the construction of rides doesn't make him an imagineer. He could simply be a guy that supervises construction of large-scale projects.

Ok..now let's assume that he was telling the truth to you:

He said that the capacity issue will be dealt with soon....this means they may start talking about things soon. If this is the case, they probably won't start any definite specific planning for awhile.

Any information he gave you "on his own" is information that is probably readily available to any guy who can get a sattelite image. AK isn't held in by any roads. This doesn't mean they will be expanding...it simply means the land is there.

You'll have to excuse my cynicism. I've just seen literally hundreds of guys come on here and claim they "know and imagineer" or happened to "meet an imagineer".

However...none of those rumors turned out true. So like the old saying goes...put up or shut up. Unless you have some facts...something more than a smile or vague reference...let's keep it smart.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Just so you know, I'm a 42 year old father of 2 (not a kid), I own and operate a 27 hole golf course and banquet center way up north in Maine. I've got 225 employees during our summer season, so I know when people are bull****ing me. As I said in my earlier posts, he wouldn't specify any dates or particular attractions. I'm only providing you with my read on him. The guy was pretty sincere, and while some of his replies seemed pretty stock, other info he provided to me seemed much more insightful. Take any of this any way you want, I just thought I'd share some info I received through a chance meeting with a great guy (an Imagineer), who happened to be a lecturer on board the Disney Magic. I too have heard and read all the speculation in the past, and am not claiming that I have been shown a crystal ball containing the future of WDI attractions.

Lee

Adventurer
Re: Rumors rumors

Originally posted by WEDMagic
...except for the odd removal of about 20 large trees from the area of asia near tarzan rocks along the water beut besides that not much else (hehehe)

The trees in this photo perhaps?
This was taken from just outside Tarzan looking toward the site in Asia.

Tim G

Originally posted by Fievel
It almost looks to me like you're reading into him a bit too much. He was smiling? You do realize that means that he can't keep a straight face while he gives you vague answers, or just lies generally to you. Because he gave a lecture on the construction of rides doesn't make him an imagineer. He could simply be a guy that supervises construction of large-scale projects.

Ok..now let's assume that he was telling the truth to you:

He said that the capacity issue will be dealt with soon....this means they may start talking about things soon. If this is the case, they probably won't start any definite specific planning for awhile.

Any information he gave you "on his own" is information that is probably readily available to any guy who can get a sattelite image. AK isn't held in by any roads. This doesn't mean they will be expanding...it simply means the land is there.

You'll have to excuse my cynicism. I've just seen literally hundreds of guys come on here and claim they "know and imagineer" or happened to "meet an imagineer".

However...none of those rumors turned out true. So like the old saying goes...put up or shut up. Unless you have some facts...something more than a smile or vague reference...let's keep it smart.

:lol: :D LOL:D :lol: I rest my case :lol: :D LOL:D :lol:

AndyMagic

Re: Re: Rumors rumors

Originally posted by Lee
The trees in this photo perhaps?
This was taken from just outside Tarzan looking toward the site in Asia.
Great picture Lee!! Thanks. :sohappy: Now if only we can convince you to post Forbidden Mountain concept art. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom