MSNSHP Costume Question

snowwhitebeauty

Original Poster
I would like to dress up as Alice in Wonderland. Does Disney discourage character look-a-like costumes? Even though I will have a blonde wig on and not the exact dress? I just want to make sure before buying everything. Any input would be helpful :) Thanks

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Disney's rule for costumes at hard-ticket events is "Please choose costumes that are not obstructive or offensive" - that's it.

I have dressed up as Disney characters and have been involved with playful activity with some of the ones that I dressed up as. I wore a Prince Charming costume one year and the WDW Cinderella was with the WDW Prince Charming. She saw me (I was with my wife and daughter), pushed off of the WDW PC and rushed over to me and said "Where have you been all night?!" That was neat. Another year, I wore a Donald Duck costume and ran into the WDW Donald. He mimicked/mirrored all of my moves for about 5 minutes. That was a "thrill" for me 'cause I am a BIG Donald fan!

In the past, I have dressed up as Mr Incredible, Captain Hook, and Winnie the Pooh. I have never encountered a problem with the cast members and have always been somewhat encouraged (in my opinion) by the CMs as they will call out the characters name.

marine1

so dressing as troy from high school musical

thats fine right since of all the disney controversy as of late online.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
While there is nothing stated about dressing like Disney characters....my understanding is that they discourage people looking VERY much like characters so that they pass themselves off as such.

Captain Hank

There's just one rule when dressing as a character--you're not allowed to sign autographs or to claim to be that character. You must always present yourself as a Guest dressing up as the character. You may be informed of this rule as you enter. Otherwise, no problem whatsoever. Many, many grown-ups dress as Disney Characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom