MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

tirian

I'm thrilled to see WDW return to seasonal events that attract locals and are INCLUDED IN DAILY ADMISSION. They could have easily created a hard-ticket event for this, but they chose not to do that.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm thrilled to see WDW return to seasonal events that attract locals and are INCLUDED IN DAILY ADMISSION. They could have easily created a hard-ticket event for this, but they chose not to do that.

Yep its a VERY good move - great job WDW!

nemofinder22

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

:D

It's real. :

New Tink and Pinocho floats, too.
direct link so when the blog is updated its still able to be found quickly:)
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...urns-to-walt-disney-world-resort-this-summer/

WDW definatly pulled a fast one on me!:ROFLOL:

Any ideas as to what "Summer Night-tastic" really will consist of? Didn't Disneyland just have one? (I don't follow my Disneyland news very well...)

DL started Summer Nightastic! last year from mid June to late Aug, it consisted of a new firework show- Magical, enhancements to Fantasmic! (HD projections, new crocodile, Flotsam and Jetsam, and later a new dragon,) enhancements to Electrical Parade(Tink float, tinker bell dust on all the floats, new music, re addition of the Pinochio and Snow White units as well as improved lighting) a new mini light show at Pixie Hollow, and the TLT dance club.

nemofinder22

I agree!!! makes them seem a tiny less money grabbing. lol

Now if they can just start doing that to Halloween and Christmas

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Gee, if we're both happy and surprised by all of this news, I wonder how the folks over at Universal are handling the theft of their HP thunder...:rolleyes:

tirian

I don't think Disney has gotten to that part yet.:lookaroun

You're right. All this news is exciting for the fans, but the average Guest simply sees "new parade, new fireworks, updated ride." Universal has new rides,* a new land, and one of the hottest franchises for now.

Still, this shows that somebody in a position of authority cares enough to do the special, "unnecessary" things that gave Disney its reputation for being the best in the destination business.

*Okay, so it's only one new ride, but it isn't advertised that way.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Still, this shows that somebody in a position of authority cares enough to do the special, "unnecessary" things that gave Disney its reputation for being the best in the destination business.

Exactly, after a lack-lustre holiday season, this is EXACTLY what WDW needs in the absense of new builds while FL is under construction.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
This is supposed to steal Potter's thunder?

It's cool, it ain't THAT cool.:lol:

No, I agree. This appears to me to be an effort to maintain a higher interest in WDW throughout the summer (and in conjunction with the opening of HP) than anything else. Don't get me wrong though, I'm enjoying all of the news I've heard....:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom