MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

Touchdown

Please God no. Give the drum, train, a bug and Elliot to the Disney Museum to turn into a permanent display, and let the parade die. DLR brings back PTN next spring, WDW pays to get a new parade (hopefully spectro 2.0 much like PTN is MSEP 2.0)

I know it’s not going to happen, but since I am the Magic now I figured I give it a shot.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Since I ARE THE MAGIC!!!... I say "No".

I don't think TDA will even entertain the thought of shipping MSEP back to TDO, give the latter's track record on parade float maintenance.

If only some manager hadn't decided to "save money" and leave the Spectro floats exposed to the Florida climate for years... A tarp is all that's needed to protect those, right?

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!! Spectromagic 2.0!!!!

Squishy

I could see them sending MSEP off. DLR's entertainment lineup for next year is going to be pretty good. New firework show, Magic Happens, maybe PTN if Chapek & Josh are in a good mood. Also the toontown remodel is a thing.

brb1006

190.gif

You know guys, I'm really starting to become numb on the amount of times of "MSEP is finishing it's run to DL, to return to WDW" or "WDW needs PTN" discussions for the 90th time. At this point, I just want a brand new electrical parade that's just created for WDW, and only for WDW.

While the US Parks is still using the 50 year old parade and WDW currently having no electrical parade of it's own. Tokyo Disneyland just debuted the brand new float for Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights that finally updated the drum/title float. Officially making all the surviving original floats gone.

And no, WDW doesn't need to borrow floats from that parade. If anything, OLC does a better job keeping that parade looking fresh compared to the US Parks (and that parade is over 20 years old).

brb1006

Someone please put that parade out of its misery. It’s time to build new modern floats…use the same music if necessary.
Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights at Tokyo Disney Resort seriously deserves to carry the touch of the original parade's legacy and let the original MSEP parade die in peace. Especially since the current MSEP score is mostly reused from that parade (with a few new additions and some music changes).

mikejs78

Premium Member
Please God no. Give the drum, train, a bug and Elliot to the Disney Museum to turn into a permanent display, and let the parade die. DLR brings back PTN next spring, WDW pays to get a new parade (hopefully spectro 2.0 much like PTN is MSEP 2.0)

I know it’s not going to happen, but since I am the Magic now I figured I give it a shot.

Someone please put that parade out of its misery. It’s time to build new modern floats…use the same music if necessary.

MSEP is far, far preferable to no night parade. While I would prefer a brand new parade, I would take MSEP if it meant having a night parade at MK again. My preference, in order:

New Parade > PTN > MSEP > > > > No nighttime parade

Squishy

MSEP is far, far preferable to no night parade. While I would prefer a brand new parade, I would take MSEP if it meant having a night parade at MK again. My preference, in order:

New Parade > PTN > MSEP > > > > No nighttime parade
I'd think management would prefer creating a new daytime/nighttime hybrid similar to magic happens over a new nighttime parade, FoF is running up on 9 years soon. Current state of FoF is also pretty sad to what used to be a great parade pre-covid.

mattpeto

Nighttime parades resume in a month or so for the paid parties. Otherwise it would just run 3x per week (like Enchantment!). The parties run through the end of the year.

It was often said around here that Happily Ever After killed the need of a nighttime parade. I think it's more likely that we'll get a 3 pm 100th parade and a new or returning firework spectacular starting in April, than a nighttime parade.

Splashin' Ryan

I guess I'm just realizing this now but does this mean that DLR currently has MSEP, PTN and Magic Happens all in storage right now? I'm surprised they have the space for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom