MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Please not WDW. The park needs a night parade, but MSEP isn't it.
Exclusive pictures of the new parades coming to Disney Parks world wide!!

I know I'm excited!
ss-170307-kim-family-tree-09.jpg

180909010045-03-north-korea-0909.jpg

brb1006

I had no idea people hated the parade. I adore it. I grew up with it at WDW and it is my ringtone. I've been salty that DLR got it with an addition instead of WDW. I miss it so much and have gone to see it every time it's been at WDW or DLR

Because Disney decided to keep MSEP for a couple years causing Spectromagic to rot in the Florida weather. Resulting in the resort no longer having it's own electrical parade.

A reason a lot of Disney fans (especially longtime WDW visitors) grew very bitter on MSEP in recent years is due to Disney deciding to extend the parade's original limited run from only running for the Summer of 2010, till October 2016 at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

Not to mention, Spectromagic (WDW's only electrical parade) is very beloved in the WDW community and was planned to return if MSEP ended it's Summer 2010 run. However, Spectromagic was damaged beyond repair leaving Walt Disney World with no electrical parade of it's own. Since MSEP is back to Disneyland (it's home), WDW no longer has an electrical parade to run during the evenings.

@marni1971's tribute video to Spectromagic is still one of my favorite videos that I still watch from time to time.

Plus Spectromagic actually fitted the nighttime atmosphere of the Magic Kingdom (especially since Jiminy Cricket used to host that parade and Wishes).

Prior to 2011, WDW fans didn't mind the Main Street Electrical Parade since that parade was then running at Disneyland's DCA between 2001-2010. Ever since the mid 2010s, a lot of WDW fans are still lamenting the parade's fate. It's been 12 years since Spectromagic ended, but it's still mourned by WDW fans.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Because Disney decied to keep MSEP for a couple years causing Spectromagic to rot in the Florida weather. Resulting in the resort no longer having it's own electrical parade.

A reason a lot of Disney fans (especially longtime WDW visitors) grew very bitter on MSEP in recent years is due to Disney deciding to extend the parade's original limited run from only running for the Summer of 2010, till October 2016 at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

Not to mention, Spectromagic (WDW's only electrical parade) is very beloved in the WDW community and was planned to return if MSEP ended it's Summer 2010 run. However, Spectromagic was damaged beyond repair leaving Walt Disney World with no electrical parade of it's own. Since MSEP is back to Disneyland (it's home), WDW no longer has an electrical parade to run during the evenings.

@marni1971's tribute video to Spectromagic is still one of my favorite videos that I still watch from time to time.

Prior to 2011, WDW fans didn't mind the Main Street Electrical Parade since that parade was then running at Disneyland's DCA between 2001-2010.

Next time don't assume I'm a n00b with Disney and parades. Whether you realize it or not I've been going to Disney (both parks) regularly since 1982. MSEP was running from before the time I went until 1991 or so. Then it returned 2x and I was thrilled (and glad my family were able to see it - once on my honeymoon and then introducing to offspring later) . ETA WDWs verison was its own - and predated Spectro.

While you find Spectro beloved not all do. I found it cheesy and really not good. Glad it went tbh. Still miss the Baroque Hoedown at WDW (and really don't care where people think it belongs) and it is my ringtone.

So I am 100% in favor of this rumor and really hope Spectro is never rebuilt as it was.

Last edited:

mattpeto

If they send it to WDW is it at all possible to start running Oct 1st?
They start running nighttime parades 4x a week in mid-August. I don’t see how they would run MSEP only 3x per week. I’d say in January would be more of a possibility, but slim-they won’t do anything else for the 50th at this point unless you like virtual photos. They can’t wait to put the 50th behind them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom