MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

Disstevefan1

Do you actually think they rented out and sold seats at a huge arena with little to nothing to announce?
They already sold the tickets and made their money. They don't need to announce anything.

Actually if they are going to announce blue sky cr@p that will never happen or a cost cut version of that happens many years later, I would prefer they not announce stuff.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

They already sold the tickets and made their money. They don't need to announce anything.

Actually if they are going to announce blue sky cr@p that will never happen or a cost cut version of thar happens many years later, I would prefer they not announce stuff.
So you think they are willing to p*** off their biggest fans with a move like that?

You've all really lost the plot.

IMDREW

Is now a good time for someone in the know to spill the beans on what thay trip a little light fantastic electrical parade was gonna look like?

Tom P.

As someone who used to be in it, I have to disagree. It’s mostly tired Easter floats from the 80s with Jack o lanterns on them. MK could have so much better, but the fans will buy tickets even if there’s no parade at all so it’ll never happen.
Disagree. Strongly. Boo To You is awesome. I would be VERY upset if they replaced it.

Disstevefan1

No one hates Disney as much as Disney fans.

This is the first time they literally got an entire arena just for these announcements. It's not the same.
We only hate because we care :)
Folks who don't give a cr@p about TWDC of course will not get p***** off by anything the company does.

They literally got an entire arena TO SELL TICKETS AND MAKE MONEY.

I have no faith in the company but I will watch several of the 356 YouTubers coverage of D23 and hope for the best but expect nothing will come of it.

All the folks who paid for their tickets and are attending will cheer no matter what. Its the polite thing to do.

After the event is over and enough time has passed and we see nothing is getting done, we will realize its the same old dog and pony show just to take folks money.

Look, I would love to see them announce great things that they will actually start immediately, complete and deliver something that looks like what they announced. I WANT TO BE WRONG!

Starship824

In the Parks
No
This is the first time they literally got an entire arena just for these announcements. It's not the same.
I agree, I want this to be a big year for d23 its great there's so many big rumours of new rides coming around. But we've been through this before. Everyone gets excited and hyped for d23 and then the actual event comes and it's disappointing. I'm starting to get that feeling that this year will be the same as before just in a different venue. I really hope I'm wrong. Maybe you're right and with the big venue will make for a big show, I'm just getting nervous. I would be lying if I said that the recent Marvel Comic-Con panel didn't give me pause for the future in terms of Disney convention announcements.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Disagree. Strongly. Boo To You is awesome. I would be VERY upset if they replaced it.
You can still keep the same ideas, themes and songs, but replace old hand-me-down floats with ones that are purpose built for the parade. A lot of them are EXTREMELY unreliable at this point. We’ve had to pull out various floats all the time because they can’t even hold a charge for two parades anymore. I’ll never understand why everyone wanted DEP gone because it was showing its age, but a creeky, tired hand-me-down Halloween parade is beloved. But anyhow, I’m not gonna talk about it anymore because nothing is changing anyways.

Kamikaze

I agree, I want this to be a big year for d23 its great there's so many big rumours of new rides coming around. But we've been through this before. Everyone gets excited and hyped for d23 and then the actual event comes and it's disappointing. I'm starting to get that feeling that this year will be the same as before just in a different venue. I really hope I'm wrong. Maybe you're right and with the big venue will make for a big show, I'm just getting nervous. I would be lying if I said that the recent Marvel Comic-Con panel didn't give me pause for the future in terms of Disney convention announcements.

The F4 footage was extremely well received, the return of the Russos and McFeely, return of RDJ for a couple films, got a ton of detail on Brave New World and Thunderbolts and the BNW footage was shown as well.

Some of the stuff was saved for D23 (the D+ material) so you have to keep that in mind.

The change that has to be made is to actually say 'we're starting to build this' not 'this is what we're thinking about'.

doctornick

So ... besides having unrealistic expectations, what else did you want?

The F4 footage was extremely well received, the return of the Russos and McFeely, return of RDJ for a couple films, got a ton of detail on Brave New World and Thunderbolts and the BNW footage was shown as well.

Some of the stuff was saved for D23 (the D+ material) so you have to keep that in mind.

If Disney announces most of the rumored attractions at WDW, plus the first couple things for DLF, I have a feeling that people like you are going to complain 'why isn't there more?!?!?', when most people don't know about those rumors.

The change that has to be made is to actually say 'we're starting to build this' not 'this is what we're thinking about'.

Yeah, I thought overall what was announced by Marvel seemed very well received. (there's some debate about the RDJ return but that's certainly not an indictment of how "major" announcements were)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom