MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Pretty sure a few pages back @wdwmagic or someone else confirmed we are getting a separate full light parade and FoF is staying, as is.
I do remember that, I've just been seeing people online like Scott Gustin, DSNY, and Drew saying it'll be a day/night so it's making me nervous that instead of gaining a parade we're going to lose one in return. Scott Gustin said that Magic Kingdom only has storage for one parade at a time which is why they would need to get rid of FoF. I'm not really sure I believe that considering they have the seasonal parades and FoF running at the same time during party season. When they had MSEP, they were also running FoF and the seasonal parades so I'm not sure why storage would be an issue.

jrhwdw

I do remember that, I've just been seeing people online like Scott Gustin, DSNY, and Drew saying it'll be a day/night so it's making me nervous that instead of gaining a parade we're going to lose one in return. Scott Gustin said that Magic Kingdom only has storage for one parade at a time which is why they would need to get rid of FoF. I'm not really sure I believe that considering they have the seasonal parades and FoF running at the same time during party season. When they had MSEP, they were also running FoF and the seasonal parades so I'm not sure why storage would be an issue.
Where's Scott been? Didn't BTY run for years before MK was without a Light Parade????

TTA94

Well Scott Gustin I thought was more of a reliable insider, but reliable insider or not I think the nighttime parade subject gets twisted up easily and false info gets spread especially in the blogosphere.

PREMiERdrum

There is plenty of parade storage behind POTC/TBA for at least 2 full parades and the seasonal hardware.

The storage issue came about when MSEP came back and had to share space with SADCT (or whichever variant it was) and the seasonal floats, leading to SM being left tarped-over but otherwise exposed for years. And even then, the problem was more financial than logistical. There were plenty of options for the seasonal floats to be moved elsewhere until needed, but the added cost and intricacy was poo-poo'd by management.

aladdin2007

There is plenty of parade storage behind POTC/TBA for at least 2 full parades and the seasonal hardware.

The storage issue came about when MSEP came back and had to share space with SADCT (or whichever variant it was) and the seasonal floats, leading to SM being left tarped-over but otherwise exposed for years. And even then, the problem was more financial than logistical. There were plenty of options for the seasonal floats to be moved elsewhere until needed, but the added cost and intricacy was poo-poo'd by management.
management was rotten when it came to these kinds of things. don't know about currently. hopefully they are waking up.

jrhwdw

What did TDO do 1999-2001? Was SM referbed off Site?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom