MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

TTA94

Will be ship shape when all is said and done.

Can't say for sure if the fixture map I know of is locked in and confirmed, but they appear to *not* be going cheap here.

I don’t fully understand the set up in your last post that you’re expecting but it sounds cool. Maybe a more advanced system than what Disneyland has?

PREMiERdrum

I don’t fully understand the set up in your last post that you’re expecting but it sounds cool. Maybe a more advanced system than what Disneyland has?
Less about "more advanced."

When creating a new, fixed DMX ecosystem, you can do it easy or you can do it right.

Doing it easy leaves you with a simpler install with less disruption and lower routing and infrastructure costs, but data and fixture response issues and anomalies in the mapping. (See: EPCOT inground install. The fixtures were NOT cheap, but the data transmission structure certainly was.)

Doing it right is more disruptive and expensive, but you are left with a reliable, expandable groundplan that is properly terminated and mapped.

They're definitely doing the latter in this.

TTA94

Hopefully in 2025 the seasonal parade lighting goes back to dynamic lighting instead of the static lighting thats been going on the past 2 years.

I do wonder if they will continue to use the standard non colored floods that are already there for the seasonal parades due to performer and guest safely? At least I assumed that’s why they turn them on for BTW and OUACT? The hub lights switch from colored to clear when the parades begin. Disneyland does not do this and just uses the colored lighting or rather blue for Magic Happens. I didn’t know if the safety requirements are different at MK or if it’s just a situation that MK has only had the standard rooftop floods so that’s what gets used?

Squishy

I do wonder if they will continue to use the standard non colored floods that are already there for the seasonal parades due to performer and guest safely? At least I assumed that’s why they turn them on for BTW and OUACT? The hub lights switch from colored to clear when the parades begin. Disneyland does not do this and just uses the colored lighting or rather blue for Magic Happens. I didn’t know if the safety requirements are different at MK or if it’s just a situation that MK has only had the standard rooftop floods so that’s what gets used?
Back when the parade lighting was dynamic with the floats there were complaints from vloggers, bloggers, streamers etc.. about the lighting being too dark & messy for photography so I assume the change was either that or a new lighting designer that has a different taste as I remember lighting designer positions for the parties opened up sometime after covid.

peter11435

Back when the parade lighting was dynamic with the floats there were complaints from vloggers, bloggers, streamers etc.. about the lighting being too dark & messy for photography so I assume the change was either that or a new lighting designer that has a different taste as I remember lighting designer positions for the parties opened up sometime after covid.
Even last year the temporary parade lighting throughout Frontierland was full color changing RGB…

TTA94

Leave it to the vloggers, bloggers and streamers to ruin something nice 🙄. Maybe that’s why the Halloween fog effects went away? The bloggers do not seem to mind the colored lighting at Disneyland for Magic Happens, so maybe there is more to it.

Last edited:

TTA94

Even last year the temporary parade lighting throughout Frontierland was full color changing RGB…

I haven’t attended last years events so maybe it was different. Last time I was there the hub lights turned from colored to clear when the parade began and the standard floods on Main Street popped up.

I do remember a video a few years back from Frontierland that showed the lights flashing like lightning when the headless horseman’s music began with the crack of thunder. It was a cool effect but I haven’t seen other videos of it so I do not know if they are still doing that?

MaryJaneP

Is it possible that the new "electrical" parade will simply be lights of various color synced to a music bed? Imagine the cost savings of not actually having to pay CMs. Degrees

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Less about "more advanced."

When creating a new, fixed DMX ecosystem, you can do it easy or you can do it right.

Doing it easy leaves you with a simpler install with less disruption and lower routing and infrastructure costs, but data and fixture response issues and anomalies in the mapping. (See: EPCOT inground install. The fixtures were NOT cheap, but the data transmission structure certainly was.)

Doing it right is more disruptive and expensive, but you are left with a reliable, expandable groundplan that is properly terminated and mapped.

They're definitely doing the latter in this.
Let's hope no one power-washes the roofs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom