Ms. Marvel TV Series in the Works for Disney+

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As Part of The Wonderful World of Disney, Ms. Marvel will make its broadcast television debut on ABC over two nights in August. The first three episodes will air on Saturday, August 5 and the last three episodes will air Saturday, August 12, from 8pm-11pm ET.

Not only am I glad to see something like this happening, namely, Disney rotating D+ shows to broadcast and make some advertising money, but it will help those complaining about "having to watch the D+ shows" in order to keep up on the MCU.

In that regard, they should also put WandaVision out there on ABC, too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not only am I glad to see something like this happening, namely, Disney rotating D+ shows to broadcast and make some advertising money, but it will help those complaining about "having to watch the D+ shows" in order to keep up on the MCU.

Ms marvel is the best plus series…not surprising they are doing this

They’re also trying to avoid 5 losers at the box office…outta 6 😬

Vegas Disney Fan

Trying to get people up to speed, and create some buzz, before releasing the Marvels, I believe this is still the least watched Marvel series on D+ so it’ll be interesting to see if people actually tune in.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Trying to get people up to speed, and create some buzz, before releasing the Marvels, I believe this is still the least watched Marvel series on D+ so it’ll be interesting to see if people actually tune in.
It is indeed the least watched according to Nielsen's top ten lists.

The controversial She-Hulk had 3 times the minutes viewed.

Ghost93

It is indeed the least watched according to Nielsen's top ten lists.

The controversial She-Hulk had 3 times the minutes viewed.
While She-Hulk was more divisive, I think the people who liked it REALLY liked it. I think the problem is the audience that was into the lawyer/comedy/sitcom feel of the show wasn't the typical Marvel Cinematic Universe Audience.

Ms. Marvel started off great, but went off the rails around the 4th episode. I think it should have been split into two seasons, with season one focusing on her learning her powers and navigating her family/friends life in Jersey City and the second season be about her going to Pakistan and discovering the secrets behind her family's past and dealing with the Clandestine. As is, the show tried to juggle too much in just six episodes.

Vegas Disney Fan

While She-Hulk was more divisive, I think the people who liked it REALLY liked it. I think the problem is the audience that was into the lawyer/comedy/sitcom feel of the show wasn't the typical Marvel Cinematic Universe Audience.

Ms. Marvel started off great, but went off the rails around the 4th episode. I think it should have been split into two seasons, with season one focusing on her learning her powers and navigating her family/friends life in Jersey City and the second season be about her going to Pakistan and discovering the secrets behind her family's past and dealing with the Clandestine. As is, the show tried to juggle too much in just six episodes.
I think She Hulk was funny enough to keep people entertained despite its cringe worthy moments and odd story, whereas Ms Marvel had a more serious tone and you either got into it or you didn’t.

I wouldn’t call either great TV (for me) but I finished She Hulk and only made it through 3 episodes of Ms Marvel before losing interest and not watching the last few episodes.

I think people are more forgiving with a comedy than a drama.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Or, in a different opinion, it's the most charming and entertaining Marvel Disney+ series they've made to date. (Aside from Falcon & Winter Soldier which I also really liked but was a different, darker vibe.)

That said, it's definitely the most family-friendly of the various Disney+ Marvel series and is really tonally appropriate for The Wonderful World of Disney.

Obi-Wan Kenobi might work for that also, given the focus on Little Leia, if they wind up needing more filler. The Guardians Holiday Special would probably work, too (assuming there isn't anything raunchy in it I'm forgetting).

doctornick

Or, in a different opinion, it's the most charming and entertaining Marvel Disney+ series they've made to date. (Aside from Falcon & Winter Soldier which I also really liked but was a different, darker vibe.)

That said, it's definitely the most family-friendly of the various Disney+ Marvel series and is really tonally appropriate for The Wonderful World of Disney.

Obi-Wan Kenobi might work for that also, given the focus on Little Leia, if they wind up needing more filler. The Guardians Holiday Special would probably work, too (assuming there isn't anything raunchy in it I'm forgetting).

I'm kind of expecting WandaVision to appear there since it developed Monica's character. I view this more widespread release of Ms. Marvel as not only filling in some airtime given the strike but also attempting to build some hype and attention for The Marvels.

MagicHappens1971

I think Ms. Marvel is one of the best D+ MCU shows. Aside from Wandavision, it’s the only one that felt like a TV show instead of a split up 6 hour movie. Also had the charm of a teen show with the action of an MCU film. Iman Vellani plays her character amazingly and the supporting cast was also fantastic, the show was full of laughs while also having some serious moments. I really enjoyed it and am happy to see it get some more attention with this ABC run, that I think is also in connection with the Emmy buzz for the show, as well as promoting The Marvels.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I'm kind of expecting WandaVision to appear there since it developed Monica's character. I view this more widespread release of Ms. Marvel as not only filling in some airtime given the strike but also attempting to build some hype and attention for The Marvels.
WandaVision might work for Halloween time, although it definitely deals with some dark subject material of grief and mortality and of course...
what happens to Sparky!

Maybe it's better as part of Freeform's Halloween offerings?

celluloid

, but it will help those complaining about "having to watch the D+ shows" in order to keep up on the MCU.

The medium on which one has to keep up on MCU does not change much.

If people cared to watch it, they most likely would have by now.

The type of person to glue to their tvs for two nights to be sure and catch this thing is probably the type of fan that pays for or has someone in their circle with Disney Plus on their own time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom