Mr Toad Re-opening!

mickeyfanatics

Originally posted by jmarc63
You forgot about paying taxes.

Nope, you have a choice there too. You can pay taxes, or go to jail, or leave this country. You may not always like the alternative choices, but everything in life (except death) is a choice!

jmarc63

Originally posted by Erika
It's a joke.

I got it, Justin!

I know its a joke but ,I am sick and tired of the trolls that argue with you that something is true and don't give it up after a few posts.

jmarc63

Originally posted by spider-man
Heh Heh... I wondered why no one wanted more on this... supposedly a Wind in the Willows Remake with CGI characters in a Stop Motion type of World and if I remember right, Disney were the the ones looking at making it, now I haven't heard any more on it in some time, but I'll see if I can dig up the old Article...

at first I was going to tell you that using stop motion photography is dead since the computers took over in the last 15 years and replaced stop motion with CGI. Then I read the article and what I don't understant is why the writer wrote the story the way he did. Instead of saying that it would be heavy on CGI EFX he choose to say that it would be part live action part CGI. He goes on to say it would be like "Stuart Little". If its going to be like that then isn't it live action with CGI EFX. But if you look at most action films and if you want to be techinial almost every film has some form of CGI EFX to compensate for what the director couldn;t get on location. CGI has become "visual Foley" to what Foley is to sound. Unless there wrong and its going to be like that one film that came out last year that was 100% CGI and looked pretty realistic, but they still have a long way to go to replace actors

Justin

LOL Erika! thanx, Jmarc, i was just giving allitle joke, i was not calling anyone idiotic or yelling, its just a joke i play with sarcasm, not a sarcasm joke to make fun of anyone. I dont like to argue and I try not to yell at anyone, sorry if it souded bad. But we all know Mr. Toad will NOT be reopening.

sorcerermic01

It would Not Surprise me

With disney most likely loosing the rights to pooh, it doesn't surprise me that this could be true. Who likes pooh anyway? He is realy not a creation or product of disney its just a bear that has taken over the place of the mouse, dont forget it all started with that mouse and if it were not for the mouse we would not have what we have today.

AndyMagic

at first I was going to tell you that using stop motion photography is dead since the conputers tok over in the last 15 years and replaced stop motion with CGI. Then I read the article and what I dont understant is why the writer wrote the story the way he did. Instead of saying that it would be heavy on CGI EFX he choose to say that it would be part live action part CGI. he goes on to say it would be like "Stuart Little". If its going to be like that then is't live action with CGI EFX. But if you look at most action films and if you want to be techinial almost every film has some form of CGI EFX to compensate for what the director couldn;t get on location. CGI has become "visual Foley" to what Foley is to sound. Unless there wrong and its going to be like that one film that came out last year that was 100% CGI and looked prety real but still have a long way to go to replace actors
I'm pretty sure the movie you are thinking of is "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within." It is an incredible film VISUALLY but the story was a little too abstract and silly for my taste. Either way I would recomend it on the visuals alone.

Justin

Re: It would Not Surprise me

Originally posted by sorcerermic01
With disney most likely loosing the rights to pooh, it doesn't surprise me that this could be true. Who likes pooh anyway? He is realy not a creation or product of disney its just a bear that has taken over the place of the mouse, dont forget it all started with that mouse and if it were not for the mouse we would not have what we have today.

Pooh is a Disney Character in the park, not that it has taken over Disney. And alot of people like pooh, especially the younger children. Dont forget that Magic Kingdom is aimed more towards the younger kids then teenagers and adults, Its a family park, For that they built pooh for the family and it has brought in large crowds. They would not take down this attraction to refurbnish it for the old attraction Mr. Toad.

WDWspider

Instead of saying that it would be heavy on CGI EFX he choose to say that it would be part live action part CGI. He goes on to say it would be like "Stuart Little".

Meaning a CGI in a real world environment, that's all, the same thing I was trying to say, I just don't convey my words so well sometimes. I imagine with all the characters this will be much more CGI than what is envolved in Stuart Little... it was simply to give you an idea of the type of film you might see, nothing more.

Rotel1026

When they talk about mixed live action with CGI, aren't they talking about something more along the lines of Dinosaur where the backgrounds were real and all the dinosaurs were CGI and less something along the lines of Stuart and Roger Rabbit?

And also, to the "stop motion is dead" comment. What about the Wallace and Gromit people? They had a contract for three movies if I'm not mistaken. They did make Chicken Run and that movie did pretty well.

WDWspider

Originally posted by Rotel1026
When they talk about mixed live action with CGI, aren't they talking about something more along the lines of Dinosaur where the backgrounds were real and all the dinosaurs were CGI and less something along the lines of Stuart and Roger Rabbit?

And also, to the "stop motion is dead" comment. What about the Wallace and Gromit people? They had a contract for three movies if I'm not mistaken. They did make Chicken Run and that movie did pretty well.

I think Dinosaur would have been a better comparrison too. ;)

Don't forget Nightmare before Christmas and James and the Giant Peach.

I WANT TOAD!I WANT TOAD!see wdw should have known better, they take away something we all love and now they come crawling back!MR.TOAD FOR PRESIDENT IN 2024!ok yes i might be a tad hyper!

castlecake2.0

I hope this works

here is a picture of the old swan boat loading dock:

Thanks to the Walt Dated World Website.:king:

Attachments

• swnb.png
    swnb.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 78

Spectroman17

Original Poster
All of you guys misunderstood me, I meant to mention in my thread that this was a rumor that somebody had told me. I knew it wasn't true or anything. I just wanted to show all of you how idiodic people are, and for the lies they tell. Sorry for the trouble everybody.:( :cry:

-Spectroman17-

Justin

Originally posted by Spectroman17
All of you guys misunderstood me, I meant to mention in my thread that this was a rumor that somebody had told me. I knew it wasn't true or anything. I just wanted to show all of you how idiodic people are, and for the lies they tell. Sorry for the trouble everybody.:( :cry:

-Spectroman17-

U didn't cause any trouble, and we were not making fun of you, we were just having some fun and making some jokes up, We all know that Mr. Toad will not be reopening.

jmarc63

Originally posted by Rotel1026

When I made that coment I mean it in the case of live action films like Jason and the argonots or the original King Kong. In Kong they used a Stop motion with a macket to make Kong come alive in a live action film.. In the cast of Wallace and Gromett, as well as the California rasins, the entire film is stop motion and doesn't inclued live action. what I ment was they dont use stop motion in live action based films anymore since CGI can more effectivly creat charaters thay they can't get with the stop motion. my appologies for the misunderstanding.

Spectroman17

Original Poster
Originally posted by Justin
U didn't cause any trouble, and we were not making fun of you, we were just having some fun and making some jokes up, We all know that Mr. Toad will not be reopening.

Thanks man. That makes me want to cry :cry: Na just joking:lol:

Spectroman17

Original Poster
UPDATE

THANKS JUSTIN...FOR ALL YOU OTHER MINDLESS JERKS, IT WAS A RUMOR, PROBABLY FROM SOME "TROLL" LIKE MKTIGGERMAN WHO THINKS HE KNOWS EVERYTHING. ALL YOU OTHER PEOPLE PUT CRAP UP HERE THAT ISN'T TRUE, LIKE BEASTLY KINGDOM THAT EXISTS ONLY IN THE MINDS OF DISNEY FREAKS. SO PEOPLE LIKE MKTIGGERMAN DON'T NEED TO ATTACK ME ON MY PSSING OF RUMORS,JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom