Mr. Toad Gravestone at HM?

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
I've been to Magic Kingdom a few times in the last several months and each time I've noticed that that the Mr. Toad Gravestone in the pet cemetery at Haunted Mansion is missing. Maybe I'm just completely missing it but it seems to be gone from where it originally stood. Here's a picture of the cemetery + the Toad statue for those who haven't seen it.

Mr.jpg

I looked for other threads on this topic and didn't find any in my quick search so I figured I would ask here. What happened to the statue? It was always one of my favorite hidden tributes in WDW.

Last edited:

Marco226

I was at MK this past July 4th and it was there. I also noticed it missing earlier in the year, but I definitely saw it on July 4t, 2014. I hope they didn't take it out again!

aladdin2007

Its there, in fact its even right there in your picture. in the back the dark statue behind the other one. in person you have to look way up and its towards the back on the left side, kinda hard to see because it does seem to be a darker color than the others.

Marco226

Its there, in fact its even right there in your picture. in the back the dark statue behind the other one. in person you have to look way up and its towards the back on the left side, kinda hard to see because it does seem to be a darker color than the others.

Oh, I thought that was a random online photo that they found. LOL. It really is camouflaged back there. You gotta wait for your eyes to adjust to the darkness to see it.

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
Oh, I thought that was a random online photo that they found. LOL. It really is camouflaged back there. You gotta wait for your eyes to adjust to the darkness to see it.

Nope, it's just a random picture from online. I went this past Saturday and it was nowhere to be found in the back of the cemetery.

I apologize, I should have made my opening post much clearer.

aladdin2007

I was there on Monday and he was there, just very hard to see, they have it way too far back for being so dark. Almost like they dont want you to see it. Which wouldnt surprise me.

ABQ

I know there was a thread here, not specifically on the topic of Mr Toad, but as so many do, it digressed into something else. Never-the-less, the grave marker had been removed for some cleaning up and or rebuilding and then finally placed back in.

Walt Disney1955

It isn't easy to see, even if you are looking for it. Even if you know where it is, it is purposely way up there like some sort of a hidden gem. Even in the Winnie the Pooh ride there is a quick picture where you see Mr. Toad hand the deed of the house over to Pooh. It's quick, and you have to be looking for it. It is just a subtle nod to Mr. Toad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom