Movie Soundtracks

isnet396

Most of my MP3 Collection is comprised of soundtracks....all-time favorites include Matrix Reloaded, POTC, Anchorman, Kill Bill: Vol. 1, Pulp Fiction, MIB II, The Rock (IMHO, Hans Zimmer's best work), and this really new CD I found called "Score It!"...these guys take apart the entire soundtrack for a film, and make about a 13 minute long re-mix of it...sort of like a "Best Of...." thing for a particular movie's score. The CD has 6 tracks to it, one for Matrix Revolutions, LOTR (the first one), I, Robot, Jurrasic Park, The Bourne Supremacy and King Arthur. These remixes are the actual scores themselves, no techno or anything....I'd be happy to send someone a track or two if anyone's interested.

Gucci65

wsapooh said:
Maybe they don't like that it doesn't exactly have a happy ending??? Who knows. I was "on the fence" the first time I saw it. Saw it the second time and loved it! Music really is great.

Nope, confirmed last night. They hate the first 20 mins. All the dancing and "wierd characters" and "funky situations". I however didn't pay attention to that because I was too busy watching Ewan McGregor (and realizing he could sing). After Ewan, I discovered there was an actual story tied in to his character! haha

The beginning is a little strange if you are an impatient person.

Atta83

isnet396 said:
Most of my MP3 Collection is comprised of soundtracks....all-time favorites include Matrix Reloaded, POTC, Anchorman, Kill Bill: Vol. 1, Pulp Fiction, MIB II, The Rock (IMHO, Hans Zimmer's best work), and this really new CD I found called "Score It!"...these guys take apart the entire soundtrack for a film, and make about a 13 minute long re-mix of it...sort of like a "Best Of...." thing for a particular movie's score. The CD has 6 tracks to it, one for Matrix Revolutions, LOTR (the first one), I, Robot, Jurrasic Park, The Bourne Supremacy and King Arthur. These remixes are the actual scores themselves, no techno or anything....I'd be happy to send someone a track or two if anyone's interested.

What do you mean by remixes....
I love Hanz Zimmers work, like when he works with Lisa Gerard. :)

Kadee

I have lots of 80's movie soundtracks and only a couple of newer ones.

My favorites are Footloose, Top Gun, and My Best Friends Wedding.
My daughter bought the new Freaky Friday Soundtrack and I really like that one, too. I sneak it out of her room and listen to it sometimes while she is at school. I know.....so sad!

boywonder

That's easy "Xanadu"..LOL
Actually, I enjoyed "When Harry Met Sally", "The Matrix", "Once More With Feeling, the Buffy Musical episode" and "Grease" soundtracks.
As for instrumental I enjoyed the Star Trek Movie soundtracks and Halloween Movies

GenerationX

My favorite soundtrack of all-time? Heavy Metal. I recently digitized my old double-album and have been reacquainting myself with the songs. It's a lot better than I remember. Other than the Donald Fagen number (which is kind of out of place to begin with), the tunes are all solid.

I think I actually like the music more now than I did then. I'm sure the opposite would be true of the actual movie (if I were to ever catch it on cable). Let's face it, when you're 16 and you've snuck into an R-rated comic book fantasy movie with a kick @ss rock and roll soundtrack, chances are that 23 years later it's not going to pack the same punch.

Bairstow

Ugh. Heavy Metal didn't do it for me at all, though the Cheap Trick on the soundtrack is really good.

I'm going to try and stay on topic and mention only compilation soundtracks, since it would take me all night to go over my favorite film scores.
Lemmesee...

1. Batman Forever. All the Batman movies have great music, even the ones that don't deserve it. This soundtrack really shows how a music supervisor can do more than just pick songs that help promote the artists that the studio's label is trying to push. Everything on here helps contribute to a very cohesive theme of forced darkness and repressed sexuality, which is really saying something since the artists represented are everything from Seal to The Offspring to Mazzy Starr. This album just oozes care and thoughtfulness; you get the feeling even the track order has many hours of thought and experimentation behind it.

2. Kill Bill. The blaxploitation/spaghetti western/Bernard Hermann salad of the Kill Bill soundtracks is a crucial component to the most interesting experiement in genre film of the last three decades. Tarantino's choices are brilliant, though the music works better in the film than as a cohesive album.

3. Dumb and Dumber. A contemporary to Batman Forever, this one shows the lighter side of mid-90's alternative. It's not overly-happy or bouncy, though, and since it's from a buddy/travelling movie it's a great album to keep in the car.

4. Spawn. Interesting album from a horrible movie. This one's something of a concept album where each track is the product of a collaboration between a rock band and a techno artist, for example: The Prodigy + Rage Against The Machine = "One Man Army". About of the songs on here are awesome. The other half are only suitable as psychological warfare devices for being played over police loudspeakers to end hostage crises.

5. Macross Plus. Possibly should count as score since almost the entire thing is composed by Yoko Kanno, but the music is performed by so many artists in so many different ways that you can't really tell. These two albums are hard to describe since they don't really correspond to any American or live action albums I know of. If you're into anime or liked her work for Cowboy Bebop, give it a try.

speck76

Finding Nemo
Braveheart
The Power of One
most John Williams
most Danny Elfman
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Dinosaur
The Mummy Returns
Atlantis

(too many more)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom