News Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party coming to Magic Kingdom in the new year

brb1006

Those are some pretty lousy costumes. Minnie's dress looks like a bad tie dye attempt and Mickey's suit looks like someone stuck a bunch of color coding stickers on it.

"These playful bursts of color and texture are set against crisp white, meant to evoke the nostalgic feeling of frosting, crisp linens and tissue paper."

Do people really wax nostalgic for any of those things? Yeesh, what a bunch of drivel.
I still miss when Mickey worse ceremonial outfits such as his 60th Anniversary outfit.
Disney-Ephemera-Disneyland-Mickeys-60th-First-Day-Issue.jpg

I still own the Mickey's Magical World VHS Tape which came out in 1988 in honor of his 60th Birthday.

mickeyfan5534

I like 90% of them. I hate the cut of the pants on Mickey and I wish they used a different fabric for Minnie. I've also got a feeling that these are yet another in the series of character costumes that look really good in person with movement but don't photograph well.

Maeryk

Because we all use acronyms and they are punking us now.

That will be proven when they open five different things with the same initials at the same time.

Kman101

The press release for the 90th is very specific about those things which will only go from Jan 19 to Sep 30. Then it list other things that start Jan 19 but are "ongoing."

View attachment 322544

from here: https://wdwnews.com/releases/now-more-than-ever-2019/

Translation: it'll limp along for a few years until they overlay it again for the 50th ;)

So folks, it's likely not temporary (it's been around for years and years now ... just saying), but at least it's getting a refresh? I wish it were leaving too but it seems we're stuck with it. I'm glad some enjoy it. Maybe I'll like this version.

Kman101

Possible travel loop being used for MK as well?

Wouldn't be shocked to see it (or similar versions) everywhere. Soundsational. MousekeDance It (ugh the name but I get the play on Mouseketeer). But just a guess; and they have a history of reusing songs for various things in the various parks, especially parade music.

Last edited:

TTA94

Wouldn't be shocked to see it (or similar versions) everywhere. Soundsational. MouskeDance It (ugh the name but I get the play on Mouseketeer). But just a guess; and they have a history of reusing songs for various things in the various parks, especially parade music.

It is pretty catchy lol

TTA94

I don't hate it. lol. I almost like it. I think it's something I'd like more and more as I listen to it over and over again. I think many on here are going to hate it, LOL.

Yeah many on here are not going to be happy with any new song used in MISI lol.

Kman101

Yeah many on here are not going to be happy with any new song used in MISI lol.

"Pop-y" songs seem frowned upon. I get it's personal taste but a lot of it actually isn't bad. I think we get so used to hearing songs one way and then a different style version comes out ... I get it's not always appealing.

It does seem catchy and, again, I'd be shocked if we didn't see it repeated. I think we know Soundsational's Mickey drum or whatever is going to be Clubhouse themed. I imagine "MousekeDance It" is as well. Just makes sense to me.

cjkeating

The origin of the song referenced is a bit of a mystery at DLP as far as I can tell. The usual person who writes the recent DLP songs hasn't laid claims to this so I assume it came from another composer so it could be that this is the generic Mickey 90th song that just got used in Paris first.

The song has now also been used in the 'Surprise Mickey' show at WDSP so it is certainly the anthem of Mickey's 90th at DLP at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom