News Move it! Shake It! Dance and Play It! Street Party coming to and end later this year

aladdin2007

Best reaction ever, thread over at post two.

This show was possibly the most useless and obnoxious parade ever. I have literally fled the MK, waiting thirty minutes outside the gate staring at my shoes just to avoid this loud monstrosity ruining my entry into my beloved MK.

agree, good riddance to this, a long time coming. Please disney no more tacky dj dance stuff, it comes off cheap and as bolded above. Can't we have something fitting for the MK for a change that is more grand? Disney fails when they try to be hip.

Jambo Joe

Agreed, of course I’m always for replacing things with even better shows so hopefully that can happen.
But I’ve never understood how a 20 minute show that literally only happens 3 times a day can truly upset that many people.
It’s an opportunity for guests to interact with the characters in a really unique way rather than the love and shove meet and greet, and it’s a large production.
You’ve seen this thing, right?

brb1006

Before anyone gets to excited that this show is ending December 1st, another dance celebration is planned for 2019. My guess is the floats are getting another makeover and will be ready to go in early 2019.
Apparently it might be related to Mickey's 90th Anniversary that Disney will be holding next year.

Delgado

Not even a full one with the dragon still out of commission. ;)

I'm not a huge fan of this version of the parade, but it does add some nice energy to the hub and provides some nice character interaction. Certainly a shame if any cast lose their jobs.
The children LOVE the character interaction and I thought always gave a great energy boost in the afternoon energy drag.

aladdin2007

If it's something like Mickey's 60th Birthday Street Show at Disneyland. I wouldn't mind it.

thanks was fun watching those, I like the music in that etc,,,, remember when the buses use to play the mickey mouse club march as they pulled up to MK? Use to love that it really set the mood. They dont do that anymore sadly, or do they?

note2001

thanks was fun watching those, I like the music in that etc,,,, remember when the buses use to play the mickey mouse club march as they pulled up to MK? Use to love that it really set the mood. They dont do that anymore sadly, or do they?

I vividly recall this & want to say they do still play it.

brb1006

I love how they reused the "Hey Ra Ra Ra Happy Birthday Mickey Mouse" from Mickey's 50th Birthday celebration from 1978.

Raineman

It would not break my heart if all of the daytime parades at MK came to an end, TBH. I did like FoF, but every parade makes it virtually impossible to get to most areas in MK without taking a huge detour through NFL. Now, I would not argue if MSEP made its way back to MK-the nighttime parades don't seem to cause as much of an issue with the crowds, and the fact that MSEP had been around forever, on and off, kind of gave it a historical feel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom