Mouse Gear unveils new store layout

Horizonsfan

I still fail to understand why they wouldn't just return to using the original Communicore layout, especially if they now want the store to feel more spacious.

I mean I completely understand why they would want to expand shopping space into the former exhibit/theater space across the way but why fully eliminate a clean layout for the building? For a little more retail space? If that was the idea, they why not do what they did with Electric umbrella and add the 2nd level (which the store had already when it was Centorium).

The conversion from Communicore's clean layout & entrances to Innovention's cluttered layout is one thing I will never understand. Drives me absolutely nuts...

hpyhnt 1000

The conversion from Communicore's clean layout & entrances to Innovention's cluttered layout is one thing I will never understand. Drives me absolutely nuts...

Ironically, changes were made to Innoventions with the whole "Road to Tomorrow" theme to try to make the area less confusing for guests to navigate. But I agree, Innoventions is just a mess. The other thing I will never understand is covering the windows; why would you want to block out natural light and prevent people from looking inside? Makes no sense! Guarantee Innoventions would see its guest traffic double if they removed the stupid window coverings. :brick:

Horizonsfan

Ironically, part of the reason for the Communicore/Innoventions change was to try to make the area more open and clear and less confusing for guests to navigate. But I agree, seems to me they did just the opposite. The other thing I will never understand is covering the windows; why would you want to block out natural light and prevent people from looking inside? Makes no sense! Guarantee Innoventions would see its guest traffic double if they removed the stupid window coverings. :brick:

Completely agree! They were right to refresh the idea of Communicore, but it was executed poorly by Barry Braverman (did anything ever go right for him?). Communicore needed a refresh but the fundamental architectural ideas (lots of natural light, clearly defined hallways doubling as bypasses of the main park pathways, etc) of Communicore were fine, in fact they were (still could be) forward thinking in terms of exhibition space & presentation.

Worse than that, they waited years after they had redone the rest of complex to redo that Southeastern quadrant of the complex (and of course the rest of the complex once more for the latest iteration) and still did the same boneheaded alterations. :brick:

hpyhnt 1000

Completely agree! They were right to refresh the idea of Communicore, but it was executed poorly by Barry Braverman (did anything ever go right for him?). Communicore needed a refresh but the fundamental architectural ideas (lots of natural light, clearly defined hallways doubling as bypasses of the main park pathways, etc) of Communicore were fine, in fact they were (still could be) forward thinking in terms of exhibition space & presentation.

Worse than that, they waited years after they had redone the rest of complex to redo that Southeastern quadrant of the complex (and of course the rest of the complex once more for the latest iteration) and still did the same boneheaded alterations. :brick:

Exactly. No doubt Communicore needed to have changing exhibits, but what it didn't need was a radical alteration to the exhibit space itself. Whereas Communicore was a shining example of an attractive yet functional exhibit area, Innoventions is the polar opposite, an example of a dark and confusing space with no unity of design. Innoventions was, and still is, a poorly executed concept; the halfhearted changes made in 2007 only add to the dysfunctional and disjointed feel of the entire area. The sooner the entire area is closed off and completely re-done [in a style similar to Communicore] the better.

Bravesfn1

Exactly. No doubt Communicore needed to have changing exhibits, but what it didn't need was a radical alteration to the exhibit space itself. Whereas Communicore was a shining example of an attractive yet functional exhibit area, Innoventions is the polar opposite, an example of a dark and confusing space with no unity of design. Innoventions was, and still is, a poorly executed concept; the halfhearted changes made in 2007 only add to the dysfunctional and disjointed feel of the entire area. The sooner the entire area is closed off and completely re-done [in a style similar to Communicore] the better.

Yes, I agree and bring back SMRT-1!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom