Mother of Monrail Pilot files Civil Suit

bgraham34

Damn, i feel bad for his mom and family. Hopefully Disney will just settle and give the mother what she deserves.

rsoxguy

Unfortunately, there is no way to see a real victory ahead. No monetary compensation can properly atone for the loss of a son, and a confidentiality agreement will not allow for the proper exposure of Disney's faults in this matter.

fosse76

Unfortunately, there is no way to see a real victory ahead. No monetary compensation can properly atone for the loss of a son, and a confidentiality agreement will not allow for the proper exposure of Disney's faults in this matter.

I don't know what you are getting at. The confidentiality agreement is in regards to the deposition. Its contents CAN eventually be used in court. I'm amused how her attorney is distraught over not being able to disclose the transcript publicly, considering he's the one who agreed to have it confidential!

Aside from that, I don't see Disney ever allowing this into a courtroom. Assuming the OSHA report is admissable, it faults Disney, and as a government document is considered factual.

captainkidd

Damn, i feel bad for his mom and family. Hopefully Disney will just settle and give the mother what she deserves.

They can't give her back her son, and that's the only thing that any parent could want. However, since Disney is clearly at fault (accident or not), I agree - Just settle and give her what she wants.

If she decides to pursue further action, I doubt she'll get anywhere. Again, it was a tragic, sad accident.

I always wondered why nothing was done about the guy being off site and not where he was suppose to be. Seems we will hopefully get some answers for that.

rsoxguy

I don't know what you are getting at. The confidentiality agreement is in regards to the deposition. Its contents CAN eventually be used in court. I'm amused how her attorney is distraught over not being able to disclose the transcript publicly, considering he's the one who agreed to have it confidential!

Aside from that, I don't see Disney ever allowing this into a courtroom. Assuming the OSHA report is admissable, it faults Disney, and as a government document is considered factual.

Your post highlights what I am "getting at". If the lawyers on both sides are already dealing with confidentiality agreements, and there is a likelihood of this case never making it to a court of law, then there is perhaps a possibility that certain issues regarding any admission on Disney's part concerning their involvement in this tragic accident will never be openly known. Rest assured, I'm not bashing Disney, nor am I claiming to be some sort of authority on our legal system's workings. I was making a simple statement regarding this case and the way in which the legal system sometimes fails to disclose certain realities.

Thumbelina

I cant believe its been a year already. Well over a year. This has so be the saddest story. I Cant believe that guy was off site eating. He should have waited for his shift to be over or at lest wait to make sure everything was okay. I wonder how many times he has done that. I hope he gets fired. I know thats mean but it doesn't seem like he was doing his job to the fullest.

TP2000

I always wondered why nothing was done about the guy being off site and not where he was suppose to be. Seems we will hopefully get some answers for that.

Exactly. Being the monorail manager on duty and directing train movement via radio from a booth at Perkins coffee shop off-property? And this wasn't just a rogue manager doing it one night only with horrible consequences, but was instead a long accepted practice by Disney management?

Inexcusable.

TomHendricks

This is what happens when things become routine. You get a fundamental breakdown in how things are suppose to operate. Without check lists, doing things by memory small things are over looked. Then not following proper procedure becomes the norm. They have probably done this a hundred times without an incident. Because of routine, everyone becomes lax.

Mansion Butler

This is what happens when things become routine. You get a fundamental breakdown in how things are suppose to operate. Without check lists, doing things by memory small things are over looked. Then not following proper procedure becomes the norm. They have probably done this a hundred times without an incident. Because of routine, everyone becomes lax.
This explains why attractions is so rigid about their opening and closing checklists. And I mean really, really, really rigid. And, while I would dutifully comply with making every box perfectly checked and looking over every single item and doing things as they were written to do, I always kind of wondered why it was so detailed and rigid and militaristic. When you put it that way, I understand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom