Mother Daughter vacation suggestions...

alee4eva

I'm taking my mom this Christmas for the first time since I was very little. Does anyone have any suggestions of things we can do together and/or things I can show her to make this trip extra special? Being that I'm graduating and going away to college, I want to have an amazing trip. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Crazy4Mickey

Be aware, the Crystal Palace is in rehab right now. Not sure when it will be reopening. Looked like they were doing a lot of work on it. My mom and I went to Chef Mickey's at Contemporary for the Character breakfast. All the main characters were there...Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Chip and Dale. This is the best character meal!! Crystal Palace characters are limited. My mom and I weren't going to do the character thing, but we are really glad we did. It definitely put us in the Disney mood!!

Don't miss the Osborne Lights. It is the most spectacular scene. It takes them 6 weeks to hang all the lights.

We also took a picture to be carved on the "Leave a Legacy" monument at Epcot. Just another little idea that would last a lifetime. It only costs $25. It isn't every day that my mom and I take vacations together. This one was very special to us!:) :)

Upvote 0

Kellylynn322

I just took my mom for her 50th birthday. It was the 1st time that she has been there in about 10 years. One thing that we did was to sit in the Wilderness Lodge in front of the fireplace (I would think more resorts other than the Wilderness might have fireplaces) with hot chocolate and look at the Christmas decorations. They had the Christmas music playing and it was a very relaxing mother-daughter moment. The kind you usually don't get with the day to day activities of home.

Most of all Have a GREAT Trip!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there, I go to Disney a lot with my Mom. First question, where are you planning on staying?? My Mom particularly liked the PO Riverside. Getting to some of the other suggestions, I happen to agree on all counts. I have been told that Tea at the Grand Floridian is awesome, but i havent gone myself...yet!!! I have seen the resort done for the holidays. That alone would be worth the trip. Definitely bring a camera!! I also STRONGLY recommend the Candlelight Processional. I am doing that again this year and I am going for the dinner package. The package is available in three price ranges. Each level has different restaurants within World Showcase. Beverages arent included in the price but pretty much everything else is. Then as part pf the package you get a access to a preferred seating area to sit in. Much better than waiting on line forever. It is free with admission to EPCOT, but the dinner package IMHO are so worth it!! And hey I gotta eat somewhere anyhow so...... Also I am a big fan of the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Celebration.For information on both items check out www.wdwig.com and do a search on the names of both items. To bookor official info contact Disney directly at 1407-w Disney. Whatever you choose have an awesome time!! Belle

Upvote 0

alee4eva

Original Poster
Hey belle, we're staying in All Star Movies since it's the cheapest and my mom's never stayed there... The hotel i guess isn't as important cause its just a bed for us.. but it still should be fun

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I have stayed at Movies...it was fun!! The food court is surprisingly good also!!!specially for dinner!! Have an amazing time and check out some of the Christmas events!! Well worth the time. I know cause I have been planning my trips for the past few years around them! Good luck!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Eljay

Another fun girlie-thing to do is the Storybook Princess Breakfast at the Norway Pavillion in Epcot. It's a sit down breakfast in a beautiful castle, where usually 5 of the Disney glamour girls will visit your table, chat a minute, pose for pics & autographs if you want. When I went last August, Belle, Mary Poppins, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty & Snow White were there. The selection varies. Believe me, you aren't too old to do this! It's big fun!

Upvote 0

alee4eva

Original Poster
Oh my gosh! That's awesome!! I heard that Sleeping beauty sometimes visited the Norway pavillion but i didn't believe it. Last trip I looked all over for her with my friends. But, even if she isnt there that morning it sounds great. My mom would definitely love it. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Eljay

Princess Breakfast & Other Must See's...

Be sure to make a PS, this is popular! You can get more info & see pics at -
www.wdwinfo.com

Scroll down & on the left you'll see "Character Breakfast With The Princesses". There are some great pics & the phone # for PS.

I went with my sister & my 13 yr. old niece, I was afraid she would be too old, but we all LOVED it! It's all you can eat, they will replenish whatever you ask for, so pig-out & it can last you through lunch!

Also, a couple of other suggestions.
Be sure to get an entertainment schedule & make your way around the World Showcase catching fantastic acts.
My two favorites are -
Off Kilter, 5 guys in kilts playing Celtic rock and classic rock in Canada. Cute, talented & funny - a must see. Whatever you do, don't ask them what they wear under the kilts!
British Invasion, Beatle look & sound alikes in Great Britian (of course) that will get you dancing & singing.
They will all happily pose for pics with you after their sets.

Have a Blast!

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Don't forget about the BOARDWALK...

It's an easy activity to do after a day at the parks....

My om an I usually go to MGM or EPCOT in the AM...when the crowds are less.....and then take the boat to the boardwalk.....

We usually eat at the ESPN CAFE....good food, fun theme....and it's cheeper than other restaurants....

Plus if its nicer weather...(we went down in Christmas...and it was colder in Fl (38) then in MA (45) Christmas day).....you guys can go play a round of mini golf....

all in all....it doesn't matter what you do...its just time for you and your mom to hang out....It will be nice to have some alone time with her before you leave

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

Upvote 0

Eljay

One More Idea...

One more thought, on display at the American Pavillion in Epcot, is the flag recovered from ground zero. As you enter the front doors, it's framed on the wall directly to your right. Most people don't know what it is. Not to bring down your fun, but it is a reminder of how much we have to be grateful for.

Upvote 0

alee4eva

Original Poster
Ohh no, we live really close to NYC, and we knew over 20 people who died, don't think thats a good idea, especially not for my mom who worked there a few years ago.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I also saw the flag from Ground Zero and I work about 8 minutes walking time from there!! I had no problem with seeing that, but it is a very individual decision. I think it was a great honor to have the flag displayed though and for me personally I made a point of seeing that!! It kinda helped me to remember all the brave men and women who were no longer with us, but are true American Heros!! Belle

Upvote 0

alee4eva

Original Poster
It's okay... its been a while so we're recovering, but we are reminded about it constantly at home so when we go away we like to get it off our minds.. But I def. think its a good sentiment that they put it up in the American Adventrue.

Upvote 0

confal1

You should call the Disney Florist and have something special waiting in your room like chocolate covered strawberries or a fun basket from either you or Mickey. I bet she would talk about that for awhile. Also we usually like to do the fireworks cruise at Epcot and have always liked that. Last time we brought a few bottles of wine and had a very nice evening. Have a great time. I am bringing my Mom in May with my 4 year old. Just girls.

Upvote 0

aim

This may have already been discussed. But go to MGM and go look at the Christmas lights! I really loved this when my mom and I went one time. (my dad was there too, but he was video taping the whole time, so it was pretty much just us) Get TONS of pictures! And also, try getting a dinner package for the Candle Light thing at Epcot! :)

Upvote 0

aim

I'm not for sure. But, my sisters have seen it a few times. And they love it. It's pretty much the story of Christmas. With a celebrity telling the story. And many cast members singing Christmas songs. From what I could tell, it's pretty awesome. Everytime I walked by it, it was packed!!! No empty seats. And people standing outside the little theater watching.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom