Motel off I-95 in South Carolina

disneyniebo

My wife and I (also from Jersey) stop at the Hampton Inn that is in Dillon S.C.
I think it is the exit just past that death trap known as South of the Border. The room is about $100 a night, but is it very clean, comfy, near good food and gas, and has the free breakfast which has a wide variety of goddies, both hot and cold.

Enjoy

eagles

when i used to drive (now i take the train), i always stayed at south of the border.

it really isn't a bad place for the nite. the pool is awesome. the rooms are not bad at all in price. a few different places to eat at. the kids loved it also. great to get out and stretch those legs, take a dip, get some food, do a little shopping, go to sleep.

nothing wrong with pedro for me.

they have always sent me coupons off for the next visit also. one time i stayed there with just my daughter. they treated her like a queen. gave her a couple of passes to the putt putt golf. i took her to a restaurant there and they gave her (i forget what you call those things) but the things you hold in your hand and shake them (filled with beans of someting) any way we had a really good time. and have stayed there since. i think all the rooms have refrig in them also.

GrumpySue

I also recommend the Hampton Inn in Walterboro. It is very clean, convenient and right off the exit. Plus there is a Cracker Barrel right next door. We always stay here.

Clemvet

I live about 20 mins from Santee...They just built a new holiday inn. Haven't been inside but looks pretty nice for a holiday inn...I would give it a shot.

OldLiner

nothing wrong with pedro for me.

Last month when in Myrtle Beach I saw some guy wearing a t-shirt that said "Pedro Is Probably Illegal". :lol:

On the original topic, I like to spend the night in Brunswick, GA. Sure, it means more driving the first day, but it also means being closer to Florida and an earlier arrival at the Florida Welcome Center for free orange juice the next morning!!

GoCamels

We stayed at the Best Western in Santee on the return leg of our Spring Break trip this year. They just finished a complete remodel of the rooms...beds, furniture, carpets, TVs...everything redone...we plan on making it our regular stop from now on, esp. since it's halfway from the OBX.

Dream Theater

Original Poster
Hi all, just got back yesterday from WDW. On the way down we left Jersey at 5:30 a.m. and made it to Santee, SC by 5:30 p.m. We stayed at a relatively new (3 years old) Holiday Inn. Great hotel. 5 story enclosed corridors, full bar and indoor pool. I highly recommend.

On the way back we made it to Emporia, Va. Stayed at the Hampton Inn. Another 5 story, enclosed corridors hotel. Again, I would highly recommend.

jtwyatt

Dream I amfrom far Southwest Virginia but i like to saty at Days Inn in Hardeeville, S.C. Cost like $40 -$50 a night and puts you about 5 miles (I think) from GA. I hope this helps!!!! By the way is your name from the band Dream Theater? If so man what a band those guys are awsome!!!! Berkley grads too!!!!! If you know what Berkley is. :wave:

I have stayed at the Days Inn as well. It is a good bet. Clean Rooms, Quite Area, Reasonable rate. No Complaints Here.

tigsmom

I live about 20 mins from Santee...They just built a new holiday inn. Haven't been inside but looks pretty nice for a holiday inn...I would give it a shot.

DH & DD stayed there last week and they had nothing but praise for it. :king:

Dream Theater

Original Poster
It was/is the nicest motel I have stayed at on the road since I started driving down 15 years ago. Very, very & large clean room, beautiful lounge/bar/restaurant area and nice indoor pool. Room ran around $100 which is a little more than other places but the indoor corridors and security was worth every penny. We will be staying there on our way down for the forseeable future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom