Most Unique Photo 'Ops' in WDW

MattBoom

Raven -

We just returned from a week at WDW - we had over 80 photos taken = and there are some good Photopass Photographers out there who taken photos with a bit of humor and creativity. In front of the Tree of Life - the four of us (two adults and two teens) had the "traditional" photo - and then had us put our hands up in the air in a "ta-da" manner. In front of Cinderella's castle - the photographer had the kids put their hands over their eyes - and then had us kiss! It is probably one of my favorite photos!

Thanks for standing up for us...
I recently became a PhotoPass Photographer. I know some of us aren't the best, but there are some who know what they're doing with a camera. (And I hope my guests agree I'm one of them.)
We're taught to take one vertical shot from the knees up with the background, one shot close from the waist up, and one creative shot. They leave the creative shot up to us to figure out. I like the idea of the parents kissing and the kids closing their eyes. I'll have to use that one once in a while.
The "ta-da" one is sort of a standard that a lot of photographers use.

WDWRLD

Its actually a "hidden" thing for kids thats why you have to kneel down its just outside of tinkerbells treasures just across from the .....cough cough...smoking area.

Hummer1676

Does anyone have a picture of this? I can't envision what you're describing.

WDWFigment, I saw something in another post that you might like. I recommend stopping by the epcot gift shop and pick up the "old" post cards from Epcot. By old, i mean the old pictures from the 70's and 80's. Then compare them to the shots of today. You can even overlay the card over todays new buildings and area's. Then if you want, you could send some of the members on this board some of the postcards. Then we can see how efficent our mail service is. The only thing that will really cost you anything would be the postcards.

Well its just a thought. I think it would be nostalgic to compare pictures from yesterland to today. Hope you like the idea.:wave:

carolina_yankee

I recently became a PhotoPass Photographer. I know some of us aren't the best, but there are some who know what they're doing with a camera. (And I hope my guests agree I'm one of them.)
We're taught to take one vertical shot from the knees up with the background, one shot close from the waist up, and one creative shot. They leave the creative shot up to us to figure out. I like the idea of the parents kissing and the kids closing their eyes. I'll have to use that one once in a while.
Congrats on becoming a PhotoPass Photographer - we noticed a bunch training in World Showcase while we were on the Segway Tour once. They were very high energy!

Incidentally, I find it's the creative shots we usually buy. One at the Studios did a great job of having us look rather somber in front of ToT with an ominous cloud coming in. On the other hand, sometimes the standard shots seem a bit washed out. Not sure if its the Florida sun, or the fill-flash . . .

Dirk

RiversideBunny

Lay down on Main Street and Get a Picture of the castle of from the castle aiming toward mainstreet.

Attn: Disney Guests
Please do not step on the guy who is lying in Main Street.
Thank you and have a magical day.

:animwink:

A good idea, though, to see things from a different perspective.
Pictures taken from a small child's viewpoint can be quite different, say, from those taken at an adult's height.

MattBoom

Incidentally, I find it's the creative shots we usually buy. One at the Studios did a great job of having us look rather somber in front of ToT with an ominous cloud coming in. On the other hand, sometimes the standard shots seem a bit washed out. Not sure if its the Florida sun, or the fill-flash . . .
Dirk

I don't know why one pose versus another would be blown out unless the photographer was closer in one shot.
But we put the cameras through a lot of use, so mistakes sometimes happen.

wdwmomof3

Thanks for the job that you do!! One of my favorite pictures at Disney from our last trip was when I was at MGM trying to get a good shot of the hat. I turned around to get a picture of the entrance and I snapped it. When I lowered my camera I saw the photo pass CM lowering his arms & laughing. I looked at my camera and he had posed for my picture. I thought it was so funny. I told him I would send him a copy but it would be 10 bucks! We all laughed. Great memory and wonderful casting. He seemed to have the perfect personality for the job.:) I'll try to post it on here if I can find it. Here it is...

photopassguy.jpg

dukehoopsfan

Matt - you are quite welcome and thank you for the pictures and memories that you as a photographer provide!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

I love having the PhotoPass photos - simply because I am always the one with the camera and taking pictures of the dh, ds, and dd. When we get home and look at the pictures - it looks like I wasn't even on vacation with them!

I was amazed by how many different shots we had taken in each location without realizing we had that many taken! A few were "candid" and then posed ones as well. I looked at our PhotoPass pictures last night and we had the scared scream expression with Everest in the background, the Tree of Life with our hands up (like an animal with its paws up and clawing) and were told to roar as well! Hard to roar while laughing btw! But my favorite is the parents kissing with the kids closing their eyes!

FigmentFreak

I love candid shots - here's one of my daughters playing around prior to Philharmagic, I actually printed this one and keep it in my purse, then when people ask for a pic of the girls I show it to them and explain they were in desparate need of a haircut when I took it.

I also love the hat pics, anytime we go the girls try on every hat they can find.

And lastly is the mickey photo op from Contemporary that was mentioned

Hairspray anyone
Backwardsgirls.jpg

Space Geeks
SpaceGeeksSmall.jpg

Mickey, when was the last time you cleaned your ears?
July2005ContempPool.jpg

Figment Freak

MattBoom

I was amazed by how many different shots we had taken in each location without realizing we had that many taken! A few were "candid" and then posed ones as well. I looked at our PhotoPass pictures last night and we had the scared scream expression with Everest in the background, the Tree of Life with our hands up (like an animal with its paws up and clawing) and were told to roar as well! Hard to roar while laughing btw! But my favorite is the parents kissing with the kids closing their eyes!

One of the shots I shoot is with the guests inside a giant set of sharks teeth at Typhoon Lagoon, so I usually ask the guests to act scared for the creative picture.
It's fun to take when they really get into it. One girl did it really well and I told her she must be an actress. She said "actually I am".
It's not so fun when the guests refuse to do it or look at me like I'm stupid for asking.

camithepirate

dont be afraid to break the barriers (but not the rules at disney!)

i got a lot of great shots by simply sitting on the ground, or climbing up on benches and things. often the best shots are from places you'd never think of taking a picture from, like sitting on the outside terrace of the tomorrowland cafes...or just somewhere goofing off. :)

hope you can get some good ones!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom