Most Underrated Disney Animated Film

stlbobby

The Rescuers. Down Under is also underrated, but I like the original better. Bob Newhart is a genius.

I think The Fox and the Hound is also a forgotten gem. One I'm surprised doesn't get more play in the park considering how beloved it is, is Lady and the Tramp. I bet a dark ride at DHS would do amazingly well.

Animaniac93-98

Is Robin Hood under rated? :eek: That's one of my faves.

Well despite begin panned by critics, audiences have always loved it. It's IMDB rating is 7.5/10 which is higher than many a "classic" like One Hundred and One Dalmatians (7.2/10), Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland (7.4/10), Sleeping Beauty (7.4/10) and others like Lilo and Stitch (7.1).

As for The Black Cauldron, it's rating (6.3/10) is actually higher than Pocahontas (5.9/10) and not really far below Hunchback (6.5/10), Treasure Planet, Rescuers Down Under, Brother Bear (all 6.6/10) etc.

The Fox and the Hound is 7.1/10 and The Great Mouse Detective 7.2/10, which supports my theory of the latter, which is that it is not underrated but "underseen".

To answer this thread I'd say The Black Cauldron or The Rescuers Down Under.

Animaniac93-98

how often do you see this for sale like the others
check out some of these also
http://homepage.usask.ca/~jjs142/movielist.htm

Fantasia is one of Disney's top 14 selling home video titles. It's "scarcity" adds to its perceived value in consumers minds so when it comes out from the "Vault" there's an urgency to buy it quickly. Its next release is later this year.

Cinderella, Bambi, Snow White and others have only had 3 home video releases ever, yet there selling power and critical success is undeniable.

I just think its odd to see Fantasia on an underrated list, because I've never seen it on any "most underrated DAC" forum list ever. You're still entitled to your opinion though and there most certainly can be a case for Fantasia 2000.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom