Most outrageous price?

WEDROD

Original Poster
I got to thinking last night about past trips to Disney World. I remembered staying at the Dolphin in 2002 and paying $2.50 for a 12 oz. can of coke in the minifrig. in the room. Talk about ripping you off. So what are some things you guys have payed an outrageous price for at Disney World?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It's 2.50 for cokes from the machines in the halls at AKL.

I don't think it's outrageous - just the price of convience.

JEDIsney

mousermerf said:
It's 2.50 for cokes from the machines in the halls at AKL.

I don't think it's outrageous - just the price of convience.

I agree. I really don't mind spending that amount on soda at Disney.

HunnyPot

I have paid $2.50 for a coke at CS too, and I think it's a little pricey. I guess when compared to the fact that I can get the same coke, same size and everything, in the break room at work for $1.00, it does seem kinda expensive. But, I still bought it, so I guess if you want it bad enough the price dosen't really matter. :p

kellydisney

Stinky Poncho's are now $7 a pop. And I think the sweatshirts at $50 are outrageous though I'd love one. I just can't part with $50 for something I'd wear on rare occasions.

gbruenin

Water. 2.50 a bottle kills me. Its more expensive than scotch. We figured out long ago to pay the taxi to keep the meter running at Publix or Goodlings, run inside and buy 6-packs of water for about .60 more.

bigkidz895

Laundry

My wife and I decided to do a little laundry while staying at CBR. It cost us $8.00 for two loads. :brick: At least we thought ahead and brought our own detergent and dryer sheets.

beagle 1

For me it was paying $15.00 for spaghetti at Tony's Towne Square for dinner especially when a person can make spaghetti for under $2.00. A very close second would be L'Orginale Alfredo di Roma..$20.00 dollars for a sampler. The lasagna was very small, only 3 gnocchi's and a very small portion of fettuccini alfredo...plus it came with no salad (this is why I will never go back to this restuarant).

Thrawn

Account Suspended
The most outrageous price for anything during a WDW vacation is, of course, the price of Disney's Magical Express. Free? Unbelievable!

Post 1500.

Lauriebar

Thrawn said:
The most outrageous price for anything during a WDW vacation is, of course, the price of Disney's Magical Express. Free? Unbelievable!

Post 1500.

Your perspective is always a fresh one, Thrawn!

disneylands

Account Suspended
I think that when your in disney, they pork you. But who cares your in Disney, it's a treat, and you're not supposed to care how much a can of soda costs.

SteveUK

Why do people buy things and then complain about the price? Disney have never forced anybody to buy anything. If you don't like the price, just don't buy it. What incentive does Disney have to reduce prices when people continue to pay the higher price?

WEDROD

Original Poster
Trust me, I would gladly pay $2.50 for a coke to be at Disney right now. Its just that they really have you trapped when you are weak and thirsty, unless you can go to a store off property.

abe_bb

Bottles of water at $2.00 (what we paid per bottle last week) is not that bad. Sure, it is double, but on a 99 degree day, in the sun, sweating so much your shoes squish when you walk, a cold water is worth $2.00.

Most outrageous price in disney? Honestly, beer at the food court in POR.

I can go to fultons (the general store at POR) and get a 6 pack for 10 bucks (yeah, that is high too, but just wait), or I can go to the food court and get 2 single bottles for 11.00. THAT'S the price I find most outrageous.

Jekyll Baker

abe_bb said:
Bottles of water at $2.00 (what we paid per bottle last week) is not that bad. Sure, it is double, but on a 99 degree day, in the sun, sweating so much your shoes squish when you walk, a cold water is worth $2.00.

The great thing is though, there are PLENTY of water fountains around the parks that offer FREE water, and most of them have cold water. I refuse to buy bottled water anywhere.

Epcot82Guy

disneylands said:
I think that when your in disney, they pork you. But who cares your in Disney, it's a treat, and you're not supposed to care how much a can of soda costs.

I always find this an interesting statement (and not meaning to be negative toward the poster). I actually find Disney to be no more expensive (or, perhaps, over-expensive) than any movie theater, other theme park, or even most sporting events. Every other park I have been to has bottles at $2.50, and the food is usually the same price (and less quality IMHO). I think Disney gets a bad stereotype reputation sometimes is all. :wave:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Jekyll Baker said:
The great thing is though, there are PLENTY of water fountains around the parks that offer FREE water, and most of them have cold water. I refuse to buy bottled water anywhere.

Except that, for most of us, Florida ground/tap water tastes like garbage.

Connor002

Homer: We're going to Disney World.
[Homer is seen in front of the Magic Kingdom at Disney World, while sirens sound and searchlights search for Homer]
"Mickey Mouse": [over loudspeaker] Step away from the wall, step away from the wall.
Homer: It's so beautiful.
[Homer disappears over fence]
Homer: One churro, please.
Cast Member: That'll be fourteen dollars.
Homer: [crying] No. No, no, nooooo. Here.

joshwill

WEDROD said:
I got to thinking last night about past trips to Disney World. I remembered staying at the Dolphin in 2002 and paying $2.50 for a 12 oz. can of coke in the minifrig. in the room. Talk about ripping you off. So what are some things you guys have payed an outrageous price for at Disney World?

$6.50 and up for a pin.

its shameful that they charge that much especially in the quantities they sell. if they dropped it a bit, im sure theyd seel more.

but i buy them anyway :)

Dwarful

I agree with the poster who said things weren't more expensive than other places. The day we flew to WDW in may, my daughters preschool class had a field trip to the St.Louis Zoo, now admission is free, but it cost me $5.99 for a hotdog, chips and 8 oz soda for a kids meal. $8.99 for 3 chicken strips and fries, no drink for adults. That night we paid $3.99 for a kids meal at WDW. The 6 Flags here in our area is higher than WDW on many things, esp. the food and drink area, which is why we only go once a year to let the kids use their free reading tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom