Most missed closed Disney attractions?

tare

This isn't an attraction but I wish they would bring the actual orange bird--especially since they brought back sunshine terrace and are marketing the orange bird again. I have pics when my sister and I were little and we loved getting the pics taken with him!!!! It was do exciting!!!

Clamman73

Sort of a tie b/t Horizons and original Journey, but I think it goes to Horizons since the whole bleepin' building is gone!

Miss when the bubbles would start on 20K and the runway part on Wings.

janoimagine

Easily 20K for me ... Harper Goff's version of Nemo's Nautilus was incredible on film, and even better circling the lagoon in fantasyland. Horizons is a close second, followed by the original Journey Into Imagination.

MissMorrow

Timekeeper!! Laugh Floor is cute and Monsters is my favorite Pixar film, but it's just not as entertaining.

"You can't experience time travel on the floor!" :D

bdearl41

MK: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (this was the best ride in fantasyland) 20,000 Leagues (I am ok, i realize the logistical nightmare it was), Alien Encounter (not because it was great, but because how bad Stitch is)

EPCOT: Horizons (They should have put Mission Space in at Energy Pavillion), Body Wars

MGM: The dinosaur Ice Cream shop needs to be open more!!!!!

AK: Beastly Kingdom (Oh wait it was never built)

bdearl41

MK: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (this was the best ride in fantasyland) 20,000 Leagues (I am ok, i realize the logistical nightmare it was), Alien Encounter (not because it was great, but because how bad Stitch is)

EPCOT: Horizons (They should have put Mission Space in at Energy Pavillion), Body Wars

AK: Beastly Kingdom (Oh wait it was never built)

Also for arguments sake, bring back Timekeeper and the original Journey into Imagination.

Beholder

WoM
Horizons
The original Living Seas
Mr Toad
Timekeeper
And my most cherished, 20,000 Leagues. Someone earlier used the word "ambitious" to describe this attraction. That's the perfect word. Disney built an entire lagoon to convince me that, yes, I was indeed deep under the ocean! Not simulated water, but a real mini-ocean!
It's this sort of attraction that created the sort of thinking that says, "if Disney will go to these lengths to convince me of something, they can do anything!"

I often imagine what things would look like if that was the case today, that the goal was just to simply amaze and exceed our wildest expectations. As a child, this is precisely what I thought of when I thought of Disney...

George Lucas on a Bench

Probably the Skyway. Such a classic part of the Magic Kingdom. It's easy to forget these things, they've been gone for so long now. I forget where the heck the pylons were. It would really come in handy these days to just glide over the awful crowds.

The Empress Lilly

Yes, what's up with that? For all intents and purposes we might as well consider the Dinosaur to be extinct. (wiseass: "...wouldn't it be more noteworthy if this dino wasn't extinct"?)

That ugly funnel cake shack opposite is always open - rude CM's and all. But the awesome, charismatic, iconic, giant-dino-in-a-lake place always closed.
motz5.gif

jlsHouston

Probably the Skyway. Such a classic part of the Magic Kingdom. It's easy to forget these things, they've been gone for so long now. I forget where the heck the pylons were. It would really come in handy these days to just glide over the awful crowds.
I remember the skyway from Disneyland... I had forgotten about this attraction.

spacemt354

Chili's
It's not really closed but I wish the old Jeremy Irons SSE narration was back. It was perfect. Also the old TTA narration with the bell chime was awesome. And for rides themselves it would be Alien Encounter and Horizons for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom