Most memorable Magical Moment you ever had!

bethymouse

1. Year of a Million Dreams: My Dad had special ears left in his scooter basket.
  2. Guitar Dan singing to my twin boys ( He used to be at Animal Kingdom-Rafiki's, and he would create a song just for kids with their names in it).
  3. Mom ( 76 years old) dancing with Prince Charming. She also danced with the new I Can robot in Tomorrowland! Very sweet and special memorable moments.
  4. My son Brendan taken to the control room of Test Track. A year later it happened again in Mission Space. He and I signed a "guest book" in the control room and went straight to the front of the line!
  5. Upgraded room at Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom view!
  6. At Hollywood Studios in front of the "candy shop" window, my boys were given a free marshmallow treat. They were fascinated by the ladies making the candy.
  7. Tigger tapping me on the shoulder to get an extra hug from me ( Animal Kingdom Meet n Greet).
  8. Extra special time taken with my boys when meeting Snow White and Mary Poppins ( people were getting "restless" in line because they were taking so much "extra" time with them).
  9. Mickey and Minnie at Hollywood Studios taking very extra special care with my Mom and giving her a kiss. Not only do the characters do special things for little ones, they do special things with the elderly and handicapped.:inlove:
I have many more, but these are the ones that stand out the most to me! Each visit we have, something extra special always happens!:joyfull:

Megbutnotmegan

My mom and I (both adults at the time) were standing on the bridge to Camp Minnie Mickey in AK just taking in the view thinking about what to do next. All of a sudden we feel a tap on our shoulders. We turn around and Chip and Dale are there! They seemed concerned that we weren't having fun and linked arms with us. The 4 of us skipped across the bridge together like a bunch of kids.

rob0519

We booked two Bay Lake view rooms at the CR near the end of Spring Break. What we didn't know was that that the pool was being refurbished. So during the day it was construction noise and later in the day loud dance music. I went to the front desk and asked if we could upgrade to park view rooms. I was told no, so I asked if we could split our stay between the CR and either the Polynesian or the GF. I was asked to wait while the Concierge checked into my request. Ten minutes later I was told we could have 2 park view rooms on the Club Level for the same price as our current Bay Lake Rooms. I have no idea how or why that happened, I just said thank you and took the keys. The one and only upgrade we ever got in over 20 trips.

gwhb75

My wife and I (and our kids) were at WDW last year for our anniversary. We were in line for the HM and had made it up to the door. The door opens and a CM comes out and asks if anyone is celebrating a birthday. No one responds. Wedding? No answer. Anniversary? I put up my hand. The CM calls us forward and brings us into the Mansion alone. We ended up doing the stretching room with no one else in there. Very cool.

plutofan15

Very cool!!! My DD missed out by about 30 seconds being in one in front of the Castle. They had us waiting at the side in case the young girl they picked out didn't work out.

So close! Here is the link to the commercial. Ours is the third "story". My son is in the floral print shirt and my daughter is he infant.

disneygeek90

My dad and I just did a day trip to AK one time. The lines were short, and we did Dinosaur 3 times in a row. We almost stopped after the 2nd time, but decided for one more. Once in the pre show, a CM said that our group was “chosen” as the recipients of the “Dream maker” fastpass. It was a little plastic card that had a fastpass you could break off it for every attraction in the park. Needless to say, it certainly helped with the speed we had to take the rest of the day!

This was back in 2008, when they were doing the “Dream maker fastpass.” It was such a cool and truly unique moment and day with my dad. Even now, we always refer to it as the “Best Disney Day Ever.” It looked like this.
r-1390094549-AnimalKingdomDreamFastpass2.jpg

Captain Barbossa

Let's see. Well I have a lot. I will name two.

The first time I rode POTC since the additions of Jack and Barbossa. Man was I excited!!

Last year's trip. Our last day in the parks was on my sister's birthday, which is today, June 2. I was so happy that she got to wake up in WDW on her actual birthday. Such a cool experience.

SpoiledBlueMilk

This is hard to describe in words since it was more visual than anything else, but last year my wife and I were riding Thunder Mountain during the fireworks at night during the MVMCP . When then car we were in came up through the tunnel and into the highest rise of the ride, a massive firework went off as if it was part of the actual ride experience. It was amazing - the whole combination of riding it at night, going up and anticipating the drop and then having that firework pop off at the apex was a 1,000,000 to 1 shot. It made our night and cemented that trip into our memories.

Kristoff

Our most memorable moment was from our trip last year (honeymoon trip). We have dining reservations at Trattoria al Forno because we wanted to eat somewhere out of the parks and a little quieter. The service and food itself was pretty amazing but the real magic came for dessert. As we were getting ready to leave, the wait staff having noticed our just married pins, came over with champagne, strawberries, and all sorts of chocolate desserts. Along with the goodies, we got a congratulations card which was signed by about 12 members of the staff. The head chef then came out to personally offer his congratulations and best wishes and a big thank you for choosing that restaurant. To this day, it's probably the best customer service I've ever received at a Disney sit down restaurant.

chrisbarry

Because of Hurricane Charley cancellations we were able to score walk up reservations at Cinderellas. My daughter was 5 at the time. She was knee deep in every princess in the room and loving it. May Poppins came over - I'm quite sure she hadn't seen the film at this point - and my daughter proceeds to tell Mary that she was her favorite out of everyone in the room. Considering all the biggies were there, Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, etc. I'm guessing Mary doesn't hear that often because she proceeded to turn up the Mary Poppins factor to "11." She must have stayed with my daughter almost 10 minutes. God knows what she was even saying to her in her perfect British accent. It was fantastic. My daughter was beaming. About 20 minutes later we're out of the castle waiting on line for Snow Whites Scary Adventures and who comes walking by but Mary and a penguin. They were about to hop on the carousel when she spotted my daughter on line and ran over and said, "Hello there, I so enjoyed having breakfast with you just now." Beaming doesn't describe how thrilled my daughter was that she remembered her. Right time. Right place. Right cast member.

Sans Souci

We split a vacation between Disney cruise followed by a few days at WDW. When I got off of the bus at Boardwalk, a CM approached me and said my name. She asked me to follow her. I thought she was going to take me to check in, as I had booked a standard room. But she took us in the opposite direction and into an elevator. We got off at the Concierge floor. I was beginning to think I'd accidentally booked a club level room. My husband did, too. I could feel his angry gaze boring into the side of my face as we were walking down the hall. My first and last name are pretty common, so I asked her if she had the right one. She asked me where I lived and I told her. She said, "Yep, you're the right one." I'm not picking up at all that this is an upgrade.

So, she lead us to the concierge lounge and we checked in. I told the concierge CM checking us in that there's been an error. She just laughed and said, "It's not." Then I had the sudden realization that this is an upgrade. So, I asked her why we were getting an upgrade. She said, "Don't ask why, just enjoy the magic."

Cosmic Commando

We did our first time driving down (1,200 miles!) about five years ago. We checked in to Pop around 2:30 after driving straight through since around 6 the night before. Get settled in, and decide to pop over to the MK for a bit; we had APs that year, so a couple hours in a park was no big deal. Anyway, we go to the bus stop at Pop and a regular Mears bus pulls up to the MK stop, not a Disney bus. It was the "high" kind with space under the seats for luggage; like a Magical Express bus, but it was a really-for-real black and yellow Mears bus. My wife and I look at each other, like WTH is going on? It was the middle of October, so it wasn't a crazy crowded time of year. Anyway, we get on the Mears bus to MK. Eventually, we realize that the bus is taking us to the TTC instead of going right to the MK like a Disney bus would. Again... WTH!!! Now we have to wait for the ferry or the monorail! This is horrible! During the ferry ride, it was the most beautiful sunset I think I've ever seen anywhere, the MK was in the distance, and we had the beginning of trip euphoria. It ended up being one of the best memories of my whole life (so far!), and it started with a "what the heck" moment.

IMG_0227.jpg

copcarguyp71

Back in 2008 we were taking pics in front of the mast head at POTC. A castmember (Nathan) asked if we wanted to have him snap a pic of all of us. We thanked him and had him snap a picture for us. After that he asked "are you guys going to ride pirates of the caribbean? We told him yes and he asked us to follow him. he brought us through the back and we got to the front of the queue and he got us a boat to ourselves. He rode along with us giving us a personalized tour of all the facets of the ride. I will always remember his name and the experience he afforded us for no other reason than he had a kindhearted magical moment.

mf1972

about 5-6 years ago we were sitting along main street, just waiting for the afternoon parade. the dapper dans happened to come out & was going to perform right in front of us.
i was celebrating my birthday that day. 1 of the dans noticed my pin & they serenaded me with "happy birthday to you", & led the crowd of people in the area for a 2nd time around.
it was a lot of fun.

Ricky Spanish

Personal "magical" moments.
1) When I proposed to my wife in front of the Castle.
She said yes.
or
2) My daughter's Make-a Wish trip.
She was 3 years old.
Brain tumor, leg brace, weakness to the entire right side of her body.
But she refused to use a stroller!
Walked the entire trip(with the exception of a few piggy-back rides).
NEVER once complained.

Incomudro

I've got two others:
1) About two seasons ago, we went on the Jungle Cruise at night for the first time. (The night part was a first, not the ride.)
We got the whole boat to just our family of four!
The Cast Member even let our sons (I guess 12 years old at the time) have turns taking the wheel for a good portion of the ride.

2) A couple of seasons ago one of my sons and I went up in the Tree House while my wife and other son declined.
It was just my son and I - no other guests (he was probably 10) catching the end of Wishes in the Tree House.
Imagining, and dreaming about what it would be like to spend a night up there, or even live there...

Tk0021

I have two:

My 5 year old daughter singing along with Elsa during the celebrate the magic show at MK and all the people laughing about how cute she was singing along and my 3 year old daughter meeting the beast at be our guest. I don't know why but she loves him.

danyoung56

A few years back I was ordering a turkey leg from Toluca Legs in D/MGM. The cashier said I had to gobble for my food. I let out a sardonic "gobble". She said that wasn't good enough. Playing along, I said "Gobble gobble". She again said that I really had to get into it. Bowing to the inevitable, I took a deep breath and let out "GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE!" This was what they wanted, as the whole kitchen staff applauded. The cashier handed me my turkey leg and said "No charge!" It was a very cool Disney moment!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom