Most memorable Magical Moment you ever had!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Ok, so what was the most memorable Magical Moment you ever had at WDW (not just stickers or a certificate, but something that stands out to you the most)?!

For me, this "magical moment" occurred a few Thursdays ago on 5/11, during the 12:30 PM MISIDPI Street Party. I had bought along a plush of Nick Wilde & Judy Hopps that I had brought from the Disney Store and a pin of Nick Wilde from the Polynesian Village, and was doing a fun little "experiment" to see how they would react.... Little did I know, that a magical moment was about to happen.
When their float pulled into position, Judy was the first one to recognize me, I'm like "Judy oh my god!" She points at me, waves, salutes, and blows me a kiss. By the time I hear "...but right now, it's time for everyone to move into the streets and shake it to the beat!" Judy came down from the float, and everyone goes out into the street, she gave me a BIG hug and kissed me (making this the second time she has kissed me, the first being on 12/16), which caused me to get butterflies in my stomach, made me laughing and smiling for about an hour or so.
Later on, towards the end, right when the floats were due to leave, Nick moved back to his/Judy's side of the float, turns to me, points at I think the plush of him, I'm like "Aww that looks like you!" and he gives me a hug!
Went right to guest relations to compliment the both of them after that! This is why going to Disney is totally worth it, no matter how old you are there's magic in the air!

Demeter Tess

We were waiting in line at the Starbucks on Main Street and a CM approached us with a book of trivia questions. Being the huge Disney nerds that we are, we blazed through every question in the book. (Most were pretty easy, but there were definitely a few tricky ones!) When we got to the cash register, the CM told the cashier that we'd had a "Magical Moment" and that our drinks would be free. They even gave us the largest size and threw in an extra espresso shot!

I remember during the Year of A Million Dreams we were at the Magic Kingdom and one of the things CM's could approach guests for was an opportunity to be in the Main Street Family Fun Day Parade. Our family was chosen to march down Main Street along with a couple others. That was a pretty exciting thing to do!

grnflash

I had surprised my son and picked him up early from school to take him up to DLR. We decided to go to DCA, it was winter and got dark early and the park was pretty slow. We were walking between Little Mermaid and Goofy's and it was just beautiful with all the lights and such. He was still pretty young and was skipping and twirling around ahead of me. All of a sudden he stopped short, turned around and ran back to me. He grabbed my hand and said "Mom, Disney is our thing" and kept walking, holding my hand. I know it's such a silly, small moment and doesn't involve any actual Disney interactions, but it was perfect and magical to me.

Bacon

Was at FNTM we were all the way in the back next to the enterance doors. Horrible view about 5/10 mins in a cm came and said follow me. So we did and we got seats like down the stairs like 4 times

DisneyPrincess5

I had surprised my son and picked him up early from school to take him up to DLR. We decided to go to DCA, it was winter and got dark early and the park was pretty slow. We were walking between Little Mermaid and Goofy's and it was just beautiful with all the lights and such. He was still pretty young and was skipping and twirling around ahead of me. All of a sudden he stopped short, turned around and ran back to me. He grabbed my hand and said "Mom, Disney is our thing" and kept walking, holding my hand. I know it's such a silly, small moment and doesn't involve any actual Disney interactions, but it was perfect and magical to me.
:arghh::arghh::arghh::cry::cry::cry:That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard!

belledream

A few years ago, back when evening EMH was 3 hours long, we were at MK til 3am. Felt like we had the entire park to ourselves, caught in a tizzy of attractions, cool nighttime air, and all the sparkling lights that illuminate the Magic Kingdom. One of the best nights ever.

BigRedDad

There are 2 and I will try to Reader's Digest them.

First, my DD was about 4 and had a pin. As we were walking out down Main Street, we see Scoop for the first time with people gathered around. We decided to stop and watch what was going on. She got up front and just watched about 10 people trading pins. As the crowd was done, Scoop asked her what she wanted to trade for. DD did not understand. He got down to her and explained that if she wanted one of his pins she could trade one she had (this was her first pin). She looked and looked and looked. She asked "may I please have that one", He took it off, gave it to her, and she said "thank you". At this point Scoop puts on a production that she was so polite and patient. He took out one of his special pins, signed it, and gave it to her with an audience watching and cheering. This was her indoctrination into pin trading.

Second and posted in another thread, my DD about 7 this time met Birdie on our first morning at POR. He came up to her to talk in the lobby because I had to run to the restroom. They chatted for the minute I was gone. We all talked for a couple minutes and went on our way. Every morning, we had to go to the lobby to see if Bridie was there. DD would tell him how the day before was, asked how his day was, and told him where she was headed that day. He was always off work by the time we got back. DD was upset that he was not there one morning. I told her he can't work every day. This interaction went on every morning he was there. The day we were leaving and waiting DME, Birdie was there and DD was talking with him. They sat and talked about 30 minutes. As it was getting closer for DME to arrive, she asked Birdie to sign her autograph book. Honestly, I don't know if anyone had ever asked him that. He was obviously emotional. Afterwards, he gave her a giant hug. DD took out her "best friends" double pin set and gave one to him. He hugged her again and gave her a POR sivler coin.

Sorry, maybe not reader's digest versions, but 2 of the best memories that I will never forget.

BigRedDad

Well, I guess there were three. On DD's first trip when she was 2, she was afraid of characters the first two days. She would go to them if she was held. Then, at the back entrance to Epcot Chip and Dale were just playing around. Not a M&G. There were about 5 people there with them. They danced, played tag, and just played around with the kids. None of the CM stuff that you see at M&Gs. Just innocent child's play with the two them and 3 kids. The next day at DHS, Minnie and Daisy came out for a M&G. My mom was with DD in line about 2 people back, so near the front. DD just runs, passes Minnie and does a flying leap into Daisy. Of course we apologized and the people in front were completely OK. DD did a death grip hug on Daisy for about 5 minutes. CM, Daisy, Minnie, and the other people waiting had no care and just let it go. Sorry for the pun. We did eventually pry her away from Daisy and it was a good 5 minutes.

Tyaloo

In 2014, my daughter got the Blue Fairy Wish of the Day in the Pinocchio Village Haus restaurant. The CM asked my daughter who her favorite princess was, and she said Cinderella. The CM went out back and when she returned, she proclaimed loudly to the whole restaurant about the wish of the day, and then presented my daughter with a full sized Cinderella barbie doll!

Last year, my daughter was given a full sized box of chocolates in Frontierland, just because it was her birthday! The CM said "Mickey told me to give this to you for your birthday."!

My daughter has been given a LOT over the past 3 years. She is a blessed girl! From free bags of cotton candy in the MK Confectionery, to free desserts at various restaurants we've eaten at, to preferred seating at shows! She'd had bus drivers get the whole bus singing 'Happy Birthday" to her too lol!

It doesn't hurt that our annual trip falls right during my daughter's actual birthday :).

No wonder we keep going back to Disney - that kind of customer service is above any other!

JSlowik98

During the year of a Million Dreams, the Disney Magical Express Cast Members, led us to a limo so we did not have to ride a bus. Later that trip they gave us the Magic Kingdom Dream Fastpass lanyard on our last day in the parks.

KBLovedDisney

I can't really recall one I had as a kid, but I have a moment that happened last year. We visited Be Our Guest restaurant for the first time in April of 2016 and I gotta say, walking into that place felt like I was walking right into the animated film. Not sure how long I stood at the entrance with my eyes wide and mouth hanging open in sheer amazement. We book that restaurant every time we go now. (Unfortunately it seems like the food quality might be going down though...)

Also, during the same trip, we went to CRT for the first time. Even though it was expensive as all get out, the experience was amazing! (Trying to talk the hubby into going back to see the princesses)

plutofan15

My daughter being filmed for a commercial in February of 2004.
Emily commercial.JPG

DisneyGirl3820

It was beautiful, sunny day and my family was on the Kali Rapids. I have a child who is extremely sensitive to getting water on her face (I know, not a good choice for a ride), but I was hoping things would be ok since we had never been on the ride before and had no idea there was a drop. As we entered the "logging" area, I could sense that that there was something up ahead so I held my breath and prayed she wouldn't have a meltdown. Well, long story short, as we began to go over the falls and to my amazement, I looked over at her and she was laughing and looked so happy! I had never seen her relax that much to allow her to enjoy herself on a ride. It was one of the happiness (and most magical) days of my life. Small miracles.

Incomudro

About three years ago my twin sons (then age 11) wife and I we were in Hollywood Studios for Star Wars weekend.
We tried to get a pass for Star Wars cast autographs, and we were too late.
A woman approached us and noticed that we didn't seem to get what we were looking for.
She then asked us if our boys would like to be in the Star Wars parade!
One accepted - the other was too shy.
Talk about a once in a lifetime opportunity!
A moment my son can tell his children.

Incomudro

Awhh, this touched me.
Very nice.

leiaorgana

I think it was in '98, my Grandad was taking me on Star Tours for the last time that day because everyone else was fed up of it by then and as we were getting ready to board Chewbacca came out of one of the side doors at the loading station and came on the ride with us.

It was only me, my Grandad and about four other people on the ride at the time and Chewbacca sat next to me and as an 9 year old Star Wars loving nerd it was one of the best things that had happened to me. My Grandad still talks about it now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom