Most Memorable Character Interaction For You?

britdaw

Original Poster
I want to hear stories from your funniest or favorite character interaction in the parks! Which one is the most memorable moment for you and your family?

The first time we took our kids back in 2012, it was alllll about the princesses for our girls. They were super sweet and excited to meet the princesses, but nothing tops my son meeting his favorites- the Cars!!- when we went to our room at Art of Animation in 2016. My son has autism, and has been pretty much obsessed with Lightning McQueen and all things Cars since he was just a tiny baby. He continually watches all the movies, and he has so many of the toys I can't even keep up with which ones he has anymore.

When we planned our trip in 2016, we explained to our girls that we were going to stay at AoA for him, and by the time we were checking in, all of us were so excited to see his reaction we could hardly stand it. My mom went with us, and kept harping on the fact that the cabins at Fort Wilderness would have been a much better deal, but I told her "When you see the look on Sawyer's face, you will understand. It will be worth every penny." And it totally was....

We were put in the Mater building, so we moved our car down near the building and then proceeded to walk into Radiator Springs right next to Sarge's Surplus Hut. When my son was younger, he would do this thing when he was overwhelmed or overly excited where he would kinda squat and draw his hands in to kind of draw into himself and control his emotions. As soon as he saw the sign for Sarge's, he started saying "Cars! McQueen!" The moment he laid eyes on Sarge, and then immediately saw the cones of the Cozy Cone Motel (the pool!) he did his "thing". We had to coax him along, but the moment he saw Lightning McQueen and Sally and the Wheel Well Motel, he started jumping up and down and flapping his little hands with the biggest grin on his face. Once the initial excitement set in, he had to walk up to and hug and kiss each one of the cars. My husband and I, along with our girls, all cried at his excitement at meeting them. LOL I didn't get him kissing Lightning, because I was crying, but here he is just before he walked over and laid his head on Lightning McQueen's hood to "hug" him:
IMG_6217.JPG

As my son walked around hugging and kissing the Cars, I asked my mom "So what do you think? Worth every penny?" She nodded, tears in her own eyes, and said "Absolutely. And then some!" ;)

Advertisement
My ex and I took our daughter back in the late 90's. Characters roamed the parks at that point. We were at Hollywood Studios in the alley along ABC commissary. Anyway, here comes Belle, Snow White, and a host of other costumed characters and they sit down in the middle of the alley and start a game of Duck Duck Goose. All the kids got in on the game, and my youngin' was chasing a twirling snow white around the circle. It was incredibly sweet to see.

belledream

Last year, we took our 1 year old on his first trip and we met Sorcerer Mickey at Hollywood Studios. It was our first day in a park, and he obviously didn't understand what was going on, but the moment we put him down, he waddled straight into Mickey's arms and rested his head on Mickey's shoulder. I've always dreamed of what this moment would be like, way before we even had kids. It was a simple and sweet one, and more joyous than I could've ever imagined.

A few days later, we were the last to meet Mulan in China in Epcot before her break. He way shy, but complied. She followed us on our way out, stopping in front of the Temple of Heaven and engaged in a playful game of hide and seek with him. That was pretty memorable too. :)

danyoung56

I've told this story in other threads, but it bears repeating. On my 40th birthday I was in Epcot, all by myself. It had been a great day, and I stopped into Mouse Gears on the way out to do a little shopping. Goofy was there, playing with kids (grabbing a hat and running away, etc.). I was enjoying this while standing next to Goofy's handler, and I mentioned to her that it was my birthday and it had been a really good day. Next thing I knew, Goofy had taken me by the hand and made me stand up on a bench while the handler was saying "It's Dan's birthday, and we all need to sing Happy Birthday to him". So I stood on the bench while Goofy led the crowd in a rousing round of Happy Birthday. It was just the perfect end to a great day!

dmw

In the Parks
No
Our kids are grown, so our memorable moments are now more of the grown-up variety. We really enjoy interacting with our favorite characters.

For me, it's Goofy. I have a classic Goofy ball cap from the 90's (has the teeth on the bill, long droopy ears on the sides) that I always wear. I look for Goofy everywhere I go to get a picture with him. It's especially fun to do poses with him. Last year for Halloween at MK I dressed up as Goofy. I had a blast posing with Goofy while in costume.

My wife is a huge Fairy Godmother fan. It is so hard to find her by the castle, but when we do, she loves to chat. Last year my wife made a Fairy Godmother costume and wore it for Halloween at MK. It was a huge effort to set up the meet (Character Locator was critical to our success), but my wife did get a picture with the real Fairy Godmother, along with some not-so-nice (in character and for fun) comments from the ugly step-sisters.

DisAl

Our granddaughter was 3 1/2 years old on this trip. We were visiting with Lady Tremaine and the stepdaughters Anastasia and Drisella. One of them told the granddaughter a "story" to which she replied "I have a story too!" Both Anastasia and Drisella got down on the ground with her so she could tell them her story.
The most amazing thing that happened though was five days later when we were watching the afternoon parade and as Lady Tremaine, and the stepdaughters were passing by they spotted my granddaughter (having flame red hair helps with that ;)). Anastasia and Drisella came running over, gave her a hug, and said "Little Red! We didn't know we would get to see you again!" Even though she was only 3 1/2 years old she still remembers that at age 11.

Attachments

• DSC00620.JPG
    DSC00620.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00850.JPG
    DSC00850.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom