Most magical moment at WDW (fairly recently)?

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
My daughter's first RnRC ride. The CM who measured her (just BARELY tall enough) when we got in line outside had moved to the lane assignment role when we got to the front. We should have been sent to lane #1 (front row), but some people who were assigned a different row moved themselves to the front, so we sat elsewhere.

The ride finishes, and my daughter is PUMPED. The CM asks if she liked it, she said it was her new favorite ride, and we were moved through backstage and sent to the front row for a re-ride.

There are still some CMs spreading that pixie dust.

surfsupdon

No, and that is why this is sad and so much has changed. Magical moments are what I create- b/c I am the magic. In March my dad and I had a great time playing pickleball at Yacht Club and challenging others in competitive games. We made that magic. It was awesome.

We went to Epcot for a night and, tho fun, not magical. Crazy lines for rides and food booths, ride breakdowns and Cast Members who did not appear to want to work.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
So if I’m interpreting this correctly, the question is:

When is the last time somebody at Disney has been nice to me? (I’m assuming outside of immediate family)

I’m gonna go with: 6 Years - when they replaced a Mickey Fan that broke 2 days after I bought it - completely free of charge.

ppete1975

So i had an amazing thing happen. But I am scared to share it due to the way social media works now. So many nice things or special moments get put out there then everyone expects the same treatment or exact same thing. Remember the wear a non appropriate shirt get a free spirit jersey tiktok.. or things like the paint brush on tom sawyers island.
I will keep it very vague to hopefully prevent that.

I bought a breakable item and while on my way back to the hotel HOURS later the bag broke, but i knew it was about to break. My own laziness to not take it out of the bag or put it in the other bag hours before certainly helped the situation. And not carrying it properly and it getting sweaty (basically lets not blame the bag.. it was my fault) Well it didnt fall out of the bag but when i went to get it out of the bag I dropped it and it shattered.. (inches from my rented van btw).

So I blamed myself and was like well that was totally my fault. I wouldnt be going near that place again on this trip so i chalked it up to butterfingers.

So some in my party days later wanted to go near this place to eat. So I thought, hey while im here ill buy another one. I happened to tell the person working in the store what had happened, and told her it was my fault and she asked if i had it with me. I said no, i have the receipt but i didnt want to bring sharp broken pieces around and didnt know i as going to be there that day. She smiled and said let me talk to my manager.

The manager said go grab another one we dont want something like to make you trip any less magical. So i did and asked if she needed a receipt or anything, and she said no, just throw away the old one and have a great day.

That was something they didnt have to do, had they said im sorry we cant do anything, i would have bought another one. And it wasnt just the offer for a new one, it was the not needing to see a reciept or needing any proof, and trusting me that mattered.
The cynical side to me says, it costs them prob 2 dollars anyway, or that they write off anything they break. But it still felt magical and something that would have happened long ago (or what we dream old main street usa was like)

Whats funny is i was there a few days earlier and everyone in the store was that way just happy to be smiling and making guests happy and bringing the magic. And that had really made my trip more enjoyable already.

And yes i did tell disney that they were all great.

Sorry to keep it so vague but i dont want people to take advantage and expect the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom