Most Embarrassing WDW Moment...

Mammymouse

In 2006 we booked Boardwalk (DVC) for the week of Christmas. It was myself and husband, and daughter, son-in-law and 2 1/2 year old grandaughter. We arrived, got our stuff sorted out and found out that Santa Claus was in the lobby seeing children. We got our granddaughter into her Cinderella dress and accessories and rushed down to the lobby for her to see Santa. As we were waiting near the fireplace to see him our granddaughter was walking around until her turn and all at once she jumped up onto one of the nice stuffed chairs to sit and wait. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted her doing this and as she jumped her long dress flipped up, exposing that we had forgotten to put her undies on!!! there was her little bare butt!!! I rushed over, scooped her up and started for the elevators, and my family couldn't see what I saw. When I told them we all burst out laughing hysterically. The good news is that no one standing there for Santa noticed it, and we got her up to our room, got her undies on and returned before Santa left - whew!!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I was 7 years old at the time, I lost my parents at Magic Kingdom. I found a meet and greet, there was only a couple in line (i'm barely remembering this, and i remember freaking out!). I waited in line, then I walked up to Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.. -yea, i didn't even know who those characters were then :lol:- I asked one of them where my parents were, and apparantly, i'm guessing, they were done with meet and greets. One of them pulled my arm and we started running around Fantasyland! Literally, running.. I found my parents looking for me at The Mad Tea Party. Then I said something like "there they are!" they jumped, and pointed at them, I ran to them, got my autograph, and got a free dining pass for a resteraunt i couldn't remember!

Not very embarassing, but it helps me to remember that and tell it to someone!!! :D

disney4life2008

Last November I had rode RnRC. I had on flip flops and it was hot my feet were oily from the lotion I had put on. When I was getting off the ride, my foot slid and I fell off to the ground (in front of a FULL que) and broke my shoe. People were laughing I was so embaressed. Needless to say, I had to walk barefoot into the store.. and I did not think to buy another pair of shoes. Instead, I asked for tape to fix my shoes. Then the manager came over and gave me a pair of flip flops for free. I started crying and wrote Disney about him. It was am embaressing situation but the wonderful cast members made me feel better.

zurgandfriend

For me it was a simple senior moment, I was excited to be back at WDW and said “Hello Goofy!” to Pluto, DS did a face palm and shook his head.
For DW it was when waiting for the boat at Wilderness Lodge someone asked her how old her grandson was, it was of course our DS.
For DS it was when he was 7 and walked into my Disney Girl’s Perfect Princess Tea at the GF by mistake. Even now every time we walk through the lobby of the GF he say “Don’t say it Dad!”

BigRedDad

Not embarrassing to me because I cannot remember it. I was probably 1 and this happened in 71 or 72. I got my head stuck in the metal fence waiting for The Haunted Mansion. Maintenance had to come out to pry the bars apart so they could get my melon out. From the stories, my dad was very embarrassed.

NYwdwfan

We took my 4 year old to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique in the castle and then upstairs for dinner. She nearly fell asleep while they were doing her hair actually DID fall asleep in CRT waiting for our food. When we were leaving I ducked into the bathroom and my husband carried her outside. She woke up and FLIPPED OUT that I wasn't there. I came back from the bathroom and have never witnessed such a scene. I took her from my husband and was holding her trying to calm her down and she went #1 on me. I just looked at my husband & parents and said we need to go back to the room. THANK GOODNESS we were staying at the Polynesian. By the time I got out of the shower my child had returned...her first words to me were "is it time for our Peter Pan fastpass?" I just looked at her calmly and said "welcome back".

I was 7 years old at the time, I lost my parents at Magic Kingdom. I found a meet and greet, there was only a couple in line (i'm barely remembering this, and i remember freaking out!). I waited in line, then I walked up to Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.. -yea, i didn't even know who those characters were then :lol:- I asked one of them where my parents were, and apparantly, i'm guessing, they were done with meet and greets. One of them pulled my arm and we started running around Fantasyland! Literally, running.. I found my parents looking for me at The Mad Tea Party. Then I said something like "there they are!" they jumped, and pointed at them, I ran to them, got my autograph, and got a free dining pass for a resteraunt i couldn't remember!

Not very embarassing, but it helps me to remember that and tell it to someone!!! :D

What a great memory! This is just an awesome story and why I love Disney World! It's been my experience, everytime we see Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum they seem to be the characters who behave the silliest and always seem to make everyone around laugh. They rolled around on the ground with our daughter when she was about 18 months old. :)

NYwdwfan

Not embarrassing to me because I cannot remember it. I was probably 1 and this happened in 71 or 72. I got my head stuck in the metal fence waiting for The Haunted Mansion. Maintenance had to come out to pry the bars apart so they could get my melon out. From the stories, my dad was very embarrassed.

That is hilarious. I wonder if the fence rails are closer together these days to prevent that from happening?

BigRedDad

That is hilarious. I wonder if the fence rails are closer together these days to prevent that from happening?

Probably. There is a newer level of dumb every day. I think I set the intelligence level for guests very low that year. Unfortunately, that is probably not the most embarrassing or dumb thing I have done. It is not even close.

i try to do something embarrassing every trip, some times on purpose, most of the time by accident... if you cant amuse others and your self, then your not having fun and your not into your surroundings... lol

DecWDW

At the end of Mission:Space, I managed to get my restraint stuck. Several cast members tried getting it to release (thanks for jamming that into my stomach, guys!), but they ended up having to call maintenance. They had to shut the whole ride down while maintenance took the seat apart and got me out. I just didn't want everyone waiting to think I'd gotten sick!

cdunbar

At the end of Mission:Space, I managed to get my restraint stuck. Several cast members tried getting it to release (thanks for jamming that into my stomach, guys!), but they ended up having to call maintenance. They had to shut the whole ride down while maintenance took the seat apart and got me out. I just didn't want everyone waiting to think I'd gotten sick!
I think I would have been freaking out, I have a very low tolerance for that kind of stuff...

PeoplemoverTTA

I was 5 on my first trip to WDW, and my older sister and I were in line for Dumbo. The whole time we waited we talked about how much we wanted a purple Dumbo, and when it was our turn to load, somehow i got separated from my sister, and she was already in a purple one. She was yelling for me to hurry, or I'd miss it (which of course, I believed, because I was 5), so I started to run.

It couldn't have been that much later, because the ride never started and no one ran over, but the next thing I knew, I was opening my eyes and laying on the ground. I was running so hard and not paying attention, I ran right into one of Dumbo's ears.

I got up, got in the darn Dumbo, and never mentioned anything to my parents (somehow they missed it, but my sister saw). Guess I was ok :lol:

When I was 8, I wasn't paying attention while getting out of JII and my foot got wrenched in between the walkway and the ride. The ride shut down and it was incredibly embarrassing. My foot was sore but not sprained or broken, but they gave us a wheelchair just in case. I remember being so excited because back then, when you turned in a wheelchair, you got a free Disney Dollar. I think my mom still has it somewhere.

A few years ago, while in line for HisTA, I noticed that my mom had left the sticker on her shirt with the size..it was one of those that goes from top to bottom of the shirt. It was about 1 in the afternoon and we had been there since the park opened. That was pretty amusing :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom