Most convenient Pop Century building?

jwbeck3

I am leaving for my trip this Sunday and have never stayed at POP. For all you POP veterans out there, I need to know what the most convenient building/room is to the bus stops and main building. I would like to cut down my walking time as much as possible. I am also concerned about the noise levels, as I have read some bad reviews regarding the noise. I read you can fax in a room request, is that the best way to go about it? Thanks for all the help!

krankenstein

I like The 70's Big Wheel Building #0. Here is map for you to take a look at.

pop-century-map.jpg

Upvote 0
I stayed in the 80's section, in the "9000s" building, if you look at a map of the resort. It's pretty close to the pool, food court and busses. I didn't have a problem with noise and I stayed in the middle to end of August. I think it really depends on if you have a noisy neighbor that you can hear through the walls, but I didn't have a problem hearing outside noises! Hope that helps :).

Edit: Haha, posted at the same time and gave the same map!

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
NOT room 6260 :lol::lol:

December's trip will go down in history of being the FARTHEST away from the main building...ever :lol:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I stayed in buildings 3 and 6 and didn't have a problem getting anywhere quickly. While big, the resort isn't gigantic...so you shouldn't have more than a couple of minutes walk to anywhere. The most convenient buildings are of course the 60's buildings (4 and 5), but they are preferred and cost more.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I completely agree with 70s building 0, near the Big Wheel. It's close to the main building/bus stops and there's no pool so it's pretty quiet.

Also, I'm pretty sure the resorts do not accept fax requests anymore. You need to make requests with whoever you book with, then it's always good to ask again while checking in.

Upvote 0

Mike 08

ya i stayed in the 70's building near the Big Wheel. i thought it was the best place to be. no pool immediately near it so no noise but still close to the main building where the food court is and the buses leave from. when we arrived they were going to put us about as far away from the main building as you could imagine. 50s i think. we fussed a bit and they switched us no prob.

Upvote 0

Rob562

One suggestion if you do get assigned a room in the farther-out buildings, especially 7 & 8, is to ignore the directional signs in the resort and choose your own path.

For our first visit which was just a few months ago, we had a 2nd floor room in Building 7 on the wing toward the lake. After a day or two, we realized the fastest way to get to the food court was to totally ignore the signs along the pathway that point you way around and to the foosball courtyard. Instead, we walked along the backside of Building 10 to the other end. MUCH faster because you don't have to wind your way through the courtyard theming, and dodge people coming in the other direction along the sometimes-narrow pathways. (Which is why Building 10 is our first choice for location when we go back down in June)

Just draw a straight line between your room and the food court, or your room and the bus stops, and follow the paved pathways that keep you close to that line. :) (This is also good advice for most Disney resorts... The signs in Coronado Springs don't always point out the shortest route)

Lastly, the OP didn't mention whether they'd have a car or not. As you can see by the map, some buildings are more convenient by car than others. While buildings 9 and 10 are right next to a lot, *technically* it's only supposed to be parking for the single 90's building. But that doesn't stop everyone in buildings 6, 8, 9 and 10 from parking in that small lot (because the 90's lot is much closer that what's actually marked as 70's parking). So it may not always be easy to find a spot close to your room. That's what was convenient about Building 7 (we had a car with us). We could always get parking very close to our room because it was some of the farthest parking away from the main road.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I stayed in the 80's section, in the "9000s" building, if you look at a map of the resort. It's pretty close to the pool, food court and busses. I didn't have a problem with noise and I stayed in the middle to end of August. I think it really depends on if you have a noisy neighbor that you can hear through the walls, but I didn't have a problem hearing outside noises! Hope that helps :).

Edit: Haha, posted at the same time and gave the same map!

Stayed in that section on our first trip and agree that it is pretty close to the buses, food court and the computer pool. Just cut through the parking lot and you are at the bus stops in no time flat. We are hoping to either get there or in the 90's building by the 90's parking lot like last trip (fingers crossed) when we go back this March.

Upvote 0

BuddhasHomeGirl

One suggestion if you do get assigned a room in the farther-out buildings, especially 7 & 8, is to ignore the directional signs in the resort and choose your own path.

For our first visit which was just a few months ago, we had a 2nd floor room in Building 7 on the wing toward the lake. After a day or two, we realized the fastest way to get to the food court was to totally ignore the signs along the pathway that point you way around and to the foosball courtyard. Instead, we walked along the backside of Building 10 to the other end. MUCH faster because you don't have to wind your way through the courtyard theming, and dodge people coming in the other direction along the sometimes-narrow pathways. (Which is why Building 10 is our first choice for location when we go back down in June)

Just draw a straight line between your room and the food court, or your room and the bus stops, and follow the paved pathways that keep you close to that line. :) (This is also good advice for most Disney resorts... The signs in Coronado Springs don't always point out the shortest route)

Absolutely true! GREAT advice!

Upvote 0

wdwCC

We stayed in the 60's building and it worked out good. Down the stairs on the end, and it was a 60 second walk over to the main building. Also since we were on the top floor, pool noise wasn't an issue.

Upvote 0

lovegrumpy

We love the 50's section. Even with the pool it didn't get to loud. The closest bulding to everything is the 60's. We are staying there again in Nov and are going to ask for the 50's section.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom