Morocco Pavilion facing financial troubles

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Dined there end of October 2020 and it was a full house!!
Makes sense, it was our go to for lunch for a while there. Never was full could always find a reservation the day before if need be, but that isn't a good thing for the restaurant of course.

JohnD

Agreed, WDW doesn’t want to spend a cent to reopen this pavilion. When it economical to do so, they will reopen with their own cast members.

They're reopening with their own cast members regardless as the international college program (or whatever its called) is suspended during the pandemic.

jaklgreen

I really miss Tangierine cafe. I would eat there at least twice per trip. I really love their Chicken shawarma. They use the chicken that they make on the spit and it is so tasty. That is something that I can not get where I live. All of the gyro places here just cook chicken breast and it is not even close to being the same.

TrainsOfDisney

I really miss Tangierine cafe. I would eat there at least twice per trip. I really love their Chicken shawarma. They use the chicken that they make on the spit and it is so tasty. That is something that I can not get where I live. All of the gyro places here just cook chicken breast and it is not even close to being the same.
Agreed. Their couscous salad was also exceptional.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
After some investigating it looks like only the “waterfront campus” will be reopening.
It will consist of what looks to be a walk up bar, bar/lounge service and seating with small menu, the shop, and what’s listed as a “juice bar" which is the small drink stand on the Japan side of the building. The cast is being deployed from locations that have not reopened yet.

JoeCamel

After some investigating it looks like only the “waterfront campus” will be reopening.
It will consist of what looks to be a walk up bar, bar/lounge service and seating with small menu, the shop, and what’s listed as a “juice bar" which is the small drink stand on the Japan side of the building. The cast is being deployed from locations that have not reopened yet.
Bet there is a cupcake party in there somewhere before long

Lilofan

The secret of the chicken gyro is the marinated spices and the homemade garlic sauce if the dining place knows how to really make it.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The secret of the chicken gyro is the marinated spices and the homemade garlic sauce if the dining place knows how to really make it.
I just learned something. Chicken gyro? Up here gyros are Lamb.

jaklgreen

I just learned something. Chicken gyro? Up here gyros are Lamb.

Yes, you know how they have that big hunk of meat that is lamb(and sometimes lamb and beef mix), well they do that with chicken also. And it is so good. But many places don't use that. I spoke to a local gyro place and they said that they were pretty expensive and they do not sell much chicken. Well they would if they used that type of chicken instead of just chicken breast.

LittleBuford

Having been to Morocco, I don't recall ever seeing shawarma there, and a bit of Googling shows that it's a relatively recent importation from the Middle East and not a traditional part of the local cuisine. Another example of World Showcase's frequently cavalier approach to cultural authenticity.

Lilofan

Having been to Morocco, I don't recall ever seeing shawarma there, and a bit of Googling shows that it's a relatively recent importation from the Middle East and not a traditional part of the local cuisine. Another example of World Showcase's frequently cavalier approach to cultural authenticity.
Shawarma is found in Israel and Lebanon to name some countries but with not many guests in my opinion knowing much on Moroccan cuisine it is not surprising Epcot has a mix and match of food from the Middle East. The hole in the wall Arabic places in Kissimmee have better food quality than Epcot Morocco but the areas are a little dicey at night.

UNCgolf

They should open a Berber tea stand for something authentically Moroccan. Except I don't think they would come remotely close to doing it justice.

aladdin2007

Very sad seeing an entire pavilion shuttered today. And yes, half of the one tiny shop that stayed open featured Aladdin merch. 😒

no doubt its all going to be generic disney ick ran by merch services with everything you can find everywhere else on property and nothing from Morocco anymore. It was one of the last things left at Epcot that still held true to the original intent. Disney will make darn sure it wont from here on out sadly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom