Morning Activity

mep517

What to do, what to do??

Okay, so my family (Me, DH and 2 DDs ages 3 and 1) arrives at WDW at 8:15am on the first day of our trip (April 4th). We're going with a large group, but they won't be in until noon or so. Anyone have any ideas of what we should do with our time? We want to wait for our group to head to the parks.

We're going to be super-tired from our red-eye from the West Coast, so I want to make sure we have an activity to keep us moving and awake.

I was thinking maybe character breakfast -- but that's won't take the full 4 hours. We might start with that, though.

Thanks!

ThinkTink721

From past experiences, I would say rest & get settled in at your resort.
I have found that if you schedule a reservation too close to your arrival time, you find yourself rushing to get there.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

AKL is beautiful and there are lots to do there. You can go swimming, hang out by the savannah and look at the animals, shop at the resort, explore the wonderful resort or even send the kids to the kids club that is there.

Personally, I would go to AKL. It is sooo close to your resort and the rest of your party could ring you when they are on the DME and you could definately be back in time to meet them at the resort. Plus, they may want to check in/freshen up, too, and you don't want to be waiting around for them, as you will be anxious to get out there and explore. You could also have them just meet you in a park, beit AK or another. Then you are getting the most out of your early arrival and not just waiting. I'm sure they would understand. We always arrive early, too, to maximize our time there. We have also NEVER had a problem checking in early in the am. We have checked in as early as 9 am. If you cannot check-in, you can still head out and have fun. YOUR family's vacation starts ther moment you land in MCO.

Someone mentioned above that you may want to spend that few hours with your own family. I agree. It is hard going with other families or multiple families. Too many different things everyone wants to see/do. I'd take that time to chillax with my own family.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom