More Than Three FP+ When Park Hopping Now?

ninjaprincesst

Rob562...I think they only way this could possible work is say, in my case, I have a Seasonal Pass linked to my Magic Band which allows me to make my 3 FP+ selections. What if I then used an old paper 1 day ticket as admission media that is NOT linked to my MB but is an RFID card? The system should allow 3 new FP+ on that card but the question is would the SP/MB Fastpasses become null since they system wouldn't see that I'm in the park that day? I think you're right. No double dipping.

It was just last week, and it worked for all members of our 150 person band for all the days we were there. I never thought of even trying the band since all our bands were good for was unlocking the room at the resort, but after other band members had done it and told me about it it worked like a charm. The cast members would scan the magic bands, it pulled up the first name (or name on the band) of everyone in our room, we would tell them which names wanted fast pass and what rides we wanted them for and boom good to go. With the tickets they would just scan the cards and set up the fast passes. I also just confirmed that a school band from a school in San Antonio who is at Disney this week is able to do the same thing. Don't know how long this glitch will last but for now it is working.

Weather_Lady

I'll certainly try it and I thank the OP for this information, but I won't be "sacrificing" any of my current afternoon/evening FP+ on the assumption that this will work.

The truth is, by 40 days out from my arrival at WDW, I'd already started to run into "FP+ availability shortages" in trying to change the FP+ I made at 60 days out. One of the attractions for which I have a FP+ is "sold out" for every other day/time of our visit (the Anna/Elsa M&G), and when I've tried to shift the time of my FP+ for several other headliners (e.g., TestTrack, Soarin', Enchanted Tales with Belle, Splash Mountain, TSMM), I find that although there is still some availability for the day, the only time slots that are left are several hours later than the time of my original FP+ -- typically meaning they'd be "past our bedtime." ;)

I know that supposedly some of the FP+ for each attraction will be "held back" and released for day-of guests, but if I'm running into FP+ shortages already as part of the "first wave" of people eligible to make them ahead, I can only assume that if I were to change all of my FP+ to the morning and try to get a new set at a different park after I've used them, on the day-of (as part of the "last wave"), there will be slim pickin's indeed.

Last edited:

lebeau

I'll certainly try it and I thank the OP for this information, but I won't be "sacrificing" any of my current afternoon/evening FP+ on the assumption that this will work.

The truth is, by 40 days out from my arrival at WDW, I'd already started to run into "FP+ availability shortages" in trying to change the FP+ I made at 60 days out. One of the attractions for which I have a FP+ is "sold out" for every other day/time of our visit (the Anna/Elsa M&G), and when I've tried to shift the time of my FP+ for several other headliners (e.g., TestTrack, Soarin', Enchanted Tales with Belle, Splash Mountain, TSMM), I find that although there is still some availability for the day, the only time slots that are left are several hours later than the time of my original FP+ -- typically meaning they'd be "past our bedtime." ;)

I know that supposedly some of the FP+ for each attraction will be "held back" and released for day-of guests, but if I'm running into FP+ shortages already as part of the "first wave" of people eligible to make them ahead, I can only assume that if I were to change all of my FP+ to the morning and try to get a new set at a different park after I've used them, on the day-of (as part of the "last wave"), there will be slim pickin's indeed.

I'm on Day 60 tomorrow. So I'm gearing up to start making FP+ selections. Based on some of your stories, I'm kind of dreading it. Some of the selections I need are ones you mentioned having to stalk for days.

I will probably make my selections assuming that this won't work. I wish I knew. If this would work, it would change pretty much every aspect of my plans.

I really, really hate trying to plan a trip during this test phase. Everything must be preselected and yet the rules of the game change daily. And nothing is officially communicated. Very irritating.

Weather_Lady

I'm on Day 60 tomorrow. So I'm gearing up to start making FP+ selections. Based on some of your stories, I'm kind of dreading it. Some of the selections I need are ones you mentioned having to stalk for days.

I will probably make my selections assuming that this won't work. I wish I knew. If this would work, it would change pretty much every aspect of my plans.

I really, really hate trying to plan a trip during this test phase. Everything must be preselected and yet the rules of the game change daily. And nothing is officially communicated. Very irritating.

Don't worry -- at 60 days, I was able to get everything I wanted, and I don't think you'll have any trouble getting the ones you want, either. It was just that a couple of weeks later, we were looking at changing a couple of our FP+ by an hour here or an hour there, and found that in that time, FP+ availability for some of the "big" attractions has shrunk.

Treasure Island

Original Poster
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...tlements-per-day-and-include-park-hopping.htm

Disney has today announced that they will begin allowing more than 3 FastPass+ entitlements per day, and are working towards incorporating park hopping into FastPass+ selections.

Tom Staggs, Chairman Walt Disney Parks and Resorts said in a blog post, "As expected, most of our guests think that securing times to ride our attractions is one of the best ways to maximize the fun of a Walt Disney World Resort vacation. We’ve heard from a number of guests that they would like the opportunity to add additional FastPass+ entitlements during their visit, in addition to the three they can plan in advance. So, we’re working on providing them with the ability to add and enjoy additional entitlements on the day of their visit. Once they’ve used the three they’ve booked, we’ll enable them to select another at kiosks in the parks. And once they’ve used the fourth, they can select another, and so on. We also heard that other guests liked the fact that with the FastPass+ service they could use FASTPASS when they park hopped. So we’re working on a service enhancement to add that feature to FastPass+ as well."

cw1982

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...tlements-per-day-and-include-park-hopping.htm

Disney has today announced that they will begin allowing more than 3 FastPass+ entitlements per day, and are working towards incorporating park hopping into FastPass+ selections.

Tom Staggs, Chairman Walt Disney Parks and Resorts said in a blog post, "As expected, most of our guests think that securing times to ride our attractions is one of the best ways to maximize the fun of a Walt Disney World Resort vacation. We’ve heard from a number of guests that they would like the opportunity to add additional FastPass+ entitlements during their visit, in addition to the three they can plan in advance. So, we’re working on providing them with the ability to add and enjoy additional entitlements on the day of their visit. Once they’ve used the three they’ve booked, we’ll enable them to select another at kiosks in the parks. And once they’ve used the fourth, they can select another, and so on. We also heard that other guests liked the fact that with the FastPass+ service they could use FASTPASS when they park hopped. So we’re working on a service enhancement to add that feature to FastPass+ as well."

Here's hoping this will be in place by June! ;)

disneygirl1

Thats exactly what it sounds like and this is why it stinks!

Only thing I don't like is is that you can't get additional passes until the 3 prebooked ones are used. Well what if my prebooked ones aren't until later in the day? Guess that means I'm out of luck getting any additional ones? Should be like it was w/the FP-.... After a certain time you are entitled to another one.

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
Only thing I don't like is is that you can't get additional passes until the 3 prebooked ones are used. Well what if my prebooked ones aren't until later in the day? Guess that means I'm out of luck getting any additional ones? Should be like it was w/the FP-.... After a certain time you are entitled to another one.
Exactly what my wife and I said! Now you are almost forced to use them in the morning and risk what you get in the evening. What if you're first time for your new FP is for 9 PM and you arrive in the new park at 5? Not only is that a long time with getting another FP, but unlike the old system, there is no getting another FP after the 2 hour window. According to the article you must wait until that fourth FP is used. Not a good system at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom