More Screamscape Rumors---any validity?

foxfire

Original Poster
I had stopped checking Screamscape a few years ago but decided to venture back over there, if for anything, pictures. Anyhow, they mentioned BTTF closing down this summer. Any truth to that or just more of the "Jim Hill" type buzz?

Tim G

foxfire said:
I had stopped checking Screamscape a few years ago but decided to venture back over there, if for anything, pictures. Anyhow, they mentioned BTTF closing down this summer. Any truth to that or just more of the "Jim Hill" type buzz?
Coming from ScreamScape??? NO! :rolleyes:

Legacy

NemoRocks said:
If BTTF closes....I will never go back to Orlando again. :lol:
I dunno... as classic as BttF is, I don't know how much it holds the attention of the generation after us. They really don't know Micheal J Fox and Christopher Lloyd, and I don't think Biff is a favorite character. The Simpson might be the ONLY property that could effectively move the DeLorean out of the garage, and into the scrap-heap.

kcnole

I like bttf but it makes me sick more than any simulator ride there is (aside from MS of course). I'm not attached to this ride like I am to the Jaws ride. It's fun but if they could put something better there I'd be for it. If it just became a bttf roller coaster or *gasp* a fast and the furious ride then that would not be an improvement.

meryll83

I love BTTF
Think McFly, think!

I do agree though it is a bit of a sicky ride!
I'm going to make it my mission to encourage lots of youngsters to watch it. all 3 in fact!
and the Goonies too, great film!

dxwwf3

I think BTTF is one of the best things about UO and I would hate to see it go.

That doesn't mean that the attraction itself couldn't use an update, but BTTF is one of Universal's biggest properties and I even associate the film's main title with the parks themselves because Universal used that theme so much in the advertising.

nyy102

I hope that these rumors prove false, but it seems that too many people can confirm the inevitability of bttf's closure. Those rumors at screamscape go on to say that the ride may be replaced with something that ties into the new transformers movie, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a movie based on those crappy plastic toys that supposedly transformed from like a robot to a car but most people couldn't seem to get it to fully transform into anything and permanently just had a carbot type thing. I would really hate to see bttf go, but even if it does, at least there is still the bttf in Hollywood.

dxwwf3

TAC said:
Hopefully US won't pull another Kongfrontation by closing BTTF, then announce a new BTTF movie. :brick:

However, the 76 Kong that Kongfrontation had very little to do with the 1930's setting of the 2005 King Kong. I mean I see what you're saying and you are right, but the attraction would have had very little to do with the new film except Kong himself.

nyy102

Having read a little more on Screamscape, it seems that only a few months ago US introduced Marty McFly and Doc face characters into the park. This seems to contradict the ultimate phasing out of all bttf related things. Unless, of course, they introduced them in an attempt to reintroduce many people to the bttf franchise and try to save the ride and it just turned out to be a failure.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
2007 - The Simpsons / Back To The Future Replacement - Rumor - (7/21/06) A Screamscape source tell us that a new Simpson’s themed ride was confirmed to them as the replacement for Back To The Future. This has apparently been a very hush-hush project in the works for awhile now (much like the Simpson’s film) and the two companies are said to be working on big plans to connect the hype for the film and new ride(s) next summer.

If it happens....that's it, I'm done with Orlando period. I will move out to SoCal immediately (instead of early next year) and get APs for USH and DLR. :lol:

The ride means WAY too much to me for it go. Part II my favorite film of all time, the first is #3 and Part III is #16. I have loved that ride ever since my first go on it because I loved the movies so >admin edit< much. It's fun and it's original. Although it's not going to happen, when I was a kid I always said I would go work there when I was older because I love the uniforms (the shirt Doc wears in 2015 :lol: ). Also, I always had a choice of going to a park for my birthday and I would always choose USF over MK (which I had prefered as a kid), just so I could ride BTTF and buy a ton of merchandise at the shop (they used to have all kinds of stuff, even Gray's Sports Almanac notebooks!). :lol: Please don't ____ this up, Universal.

A Simpsons ride makes absolutely NO sense. First off, what the hell do they have to do with World Expo? Why would a ride based on a cartoon even be there? Why would they make this already good-looking building all "cartoony" and have it next to the amazing MIB building? There is a thousand other places for this to go. Use simulators like in Star Tours or even Storm Rider at TDS. BTTF is one of Universal's signature films, it's one of their biggest at the box office and the theme and scenes from the movies are always used in marketing....it wouldn't make sense for them to NOT have something based on those amazing movies in the park. Things just aren't adding up.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
TAC said:
I've never seen the Marty McFly character, but I know I have seen Doc Brown riding an old bike along the pathways starting back in 2002.
Yep, Marty is new (although I STILL haven't seen him) but Doc has been around for a long time.

Michael72688

NemoRocks said:
If it happens....that's it, I'm done with Orlando period. I will move out to SoCal immediately (instead of early next year) and get APs for USH and DLR. :lol:

The ride means WAY too much to me for it go. Part II my favorite film of all time, the first is #3 and Part III is #16. I have loved that ride ever since my first go on it because I loved the movies so >admin edit< much. It's fun and it's original. Although it's not going to happen, when I was a kid I always said I would go work there when I was older because I love the uniforms (the shirt Doc wears in 2015 :lol: ). Also, I always had a choice of going to a park for my birthday and I would always choose USF over MK (which I had prefered as a kid), just so I could ride BTTF and buy a ton of merchandise at the shop (they used to have all kinds of stuff, even Gray's Sports Almanac notebooks!). :lol: Please don't ____ this up, Universal.

A Simpsons ride makes absolutely NO sense. First off, what the hell do they have to do with World Expo? Why would a ride based on a cartoon even be there? Why would they make this already good-looking building all "cartoony" and have it next to the amazing MIB building? There is a thousand other places for this to go. Use simulators like in Star Tours or even Storm Rider at TDS. BTTF is one of Universal's signature films, it's one of their biggest at the box office and the theme and scenes from the movies are always used in marketing....it wouldn't make sense for them to NOT have something based on those amazing movies in the park. Things just aren't adding up.

I see what your saying, but Universal sees it as trying to bring a newer, different crowd into the park, and honestly I dont blame them. BTTF is an ok ride, its old, very rough and the video has seen much better days, its time to move on. The Simpsons would be a great choice and I think it would help Universal get more of a family friendly image, even though the Simpsons are the most family friendly show it still caters to a newer generation.

dxwwf3

TAC said:
True. And I'm not trying to blatently argue with you here, but if Kongfrontation were still there when they announced the new movie, maybe they could have done a rehab/update instead of dismantling the entire attraction.

Well, IMO, Kongfrontation was one of the worst theme park attractions ever. While I don't think ROTM is the best thing in the world, it is still a huge improvement in my book. I would love to see Kong gets its own area at IOA, but that's just dreaming.

If BTTF HAD to be replaced, why not try and work something with King Kong in that area? It would be much better and more recent than The Simpsons.

Personally, I just couldn't imagine a Universal Studios park without a Back to the Future attraction though.

BCNHF

I can prob add a good input into this as I went to Universal studios for my first time in 2004 (haven't been back yet) and I skipped MIB and BTTF because my aunt's said they where children rides....I, not knowing anything about those two rides skipped them, so I think Universal could've used a bit more advertising :(.

But If they ever close Terminator 2:3D i'm going to cry. How I love those animatronics that pop out in the pre show and aim and shoot :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom