More Project Gemini News

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Just a thought but couldnt the update just limit itself to presenting the same information but using more uptodate technology.

If its yet another coaster why should I spend 9 hours risking DVT to ride it when there are several within an hour of my house?

Or by chance is this just a leak to test the level of reaction?

jmarc63

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Mabey this exteriror track could take place where the current que is?

After looking at an aerial view of the SE queqe area I think It's highly improbable to do. The reason being is the area is close to communicore and it would limit traffic flow into Epcot. you would have to decide which way you wanted to enter FW from the front side of SE. you would effectivly cut-off the flow between the east side and west side of FW on the oppisite side of SE. The only option I would see it to use part of one of the Comminucores for the queqe preshow and the load/unload area. The only way to do this effectivly as not to cause a problem with crowd flow in that area would to install a tunnel to the sphere like someone had suggested. I doubt this would happen IMO.

isnet396

I think there are some offices (security, for instance) located under SE....that is, if you wanted to start underground.....

WDWfan2209

Is there any photos of construction inside of SE? Or the after show where the sponser section is? This could show if there is enough romm for a coaster or give us an idea of what could fit in SE. It could also show different ways it could start out. I think it is use ful to see the photos. If anyone has any please uploade them. -WDWfan2209

isnet396

Perhaps it is somewhat difficult for some people to realize that there is no room for a coaster to be built.

One. The up-ramp in the original SE we have today doesn't go to the top of the sphere. Since the intereor of the structure supports it as well as the exterior, it is impossible for a coaster to be built inside since there would still be room for it to go up.

Two. An icon of a park is not meant to give a thrill. Look at all of the parks. MK: Castle. No thrills. MGM: Earful Tower/Hat/TGMR. No thrills. AK: Tree of Life. No thrills. Its not going to happen

Hmm...that's all about I can think of for now.

Ian

jmarc63

Originally posted by isnet396
Perhaps it is somewhat difficult for some people to realize that there is no room for a coaster to be built.

One. The up-ramp in the original SE we have today doesn't go to the top of the sphere. Since the intereor of the structure supports it as well as the exterior, it is impossible for a coaster to be built inside since there would still be room for it to go up.

Two. An icon of a park is not meant to give a thrill. Look at all of the parks. MK: Castle. No thrills. MGM: Earful Tower/Hat/TGMR. No thrills. AK: Tree of Life. No thrills. Its not going to happen

Hmm...that's all about I can think of for now.

Ian

I am not in favor of a coaster going into SE, I would rather see an Omnimover based attraction like we have now. But in an answer to you post, There could be room if thats what Disney decides to do . If this were to happen the bottom of the SE and the ramp can be demolished to make way for the lift track, and a lift track doesn't have to be straight to make the asent. also it wouldnt be a hyper coaster type with the limited room.

Also what rule says that the Epcot icon cant have athrill attraction in it. Just because the MK and TDS icons don't have an atrraction, why can't SE have one?, they already have one now. for all the parks there icons just happened to be how they are. the castle and the water tower just weren't intended to have an attraction attached to them when designed

I think we all have to stop assumeing that there WILL be a coaster just because of the proposed new attraction name, we need to wait and see what steve and his network can find out before we get bent out of shape

I have included some links of past pictures I have posted on the SE construction.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthre...age=15&highlight=spaceship earth&pagenumber=4

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthre...ge=15&highlight=spaceship earth&pagenumber=13

From the next 2 pictures i'm gonna post, it is concievable that they could build on top of the current load/unload/AT&T Neighborhood. Look at the way the stucture is built, you could add height to the building, place a ride system inside, all without doing any mods to the actual SE sphere..

Attachments

• wdw - epcot - spaceship earth construction(04).jpg
    wdw - epcot - spaceship earth construction(04).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 111
Time Racer seems like a huge fun deal. it the timeline is correct than it sounds like it should be open before the date posted. I would like more info on the ride. I hope its not one like M:S and disney keeps all the info secret until you ride or read about it.

WDWfan2209

Thinking about the name, "Time Racers". The thing that comes to mind is somesort of simulation or moving theater or something along those ligns. I'm not saying it's not a coaster but if you look at all the other disney attractions, they all have some what of what kind of ride they are in the title. -WDWfan2209

WDWfan2209

I did a search for construction photos of SE and saw an article about how it talks about the comunication of people over time. AT&T = communication | Microsoft = computers, technology
------------
Thinking about the title and Microsoft I thought that the ride could possibly be a moving theater with like a laser show or movie on the inside on the inside of the geospere. Maybe thats just one of the things that would be cool to me? -WDWfan2209

Goofster

Ohh I hope It's not a show. They can't take out the omnimover and replace it with some laser show! I would be so upset if they threw some omnimax theater inside Spaceship Earth.

No, no, I see Time Racers being some kind of slow moving dark ride that stops in front of screens and different scenes. Of course, well, I dont know, there might be some speed involved.

colliera

Second Story already there

Just A Big Kid,

If you will check your first posted construction picture you will notice the AT&T area already has a second story to it just above the unload area.

When I was there about 6 months after EPCOT's opening I had an appointment with some of the publicity staff. Entrance to the second floor was to follow the long curve of the building wall on the left side back toward the sphere. Just out of view the wall takes a hard turn into a stair well.

I'm guessing there are still offices on that floor but wouldn't know who or what is there anymore.

Passport

The attraction thing at the end of Test Track is called Dream Chasers, is it not? That's not a roller coaster. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom