more Pirates after at worlds end?

llrain

Original Poster
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2007-05-23-johnny-depp-sparrow_N.htm

Will Jack be back? Maybe, says Depp
Updated 45m ago | Comments 2 | Recommend E-mail | Save | Print |

Enlarge

"It's been a great experience," Johnny Depp said, shown here with co-star Orlando Bloom. "Trying to discover who Captain Jack was, getting slapped around by the Disney people — it was all fun."

TOKYO (AP) — Three journeys as Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean may not be enough to quench the thirst of actor Johnny Depp.
Before the Tokyo premiere Wednesday of the series' third installment, Depp said he would consider taking the oddball character out for one more spin.

"It's been a great experience," Depp said. "Trying to discover who Captain Jack was, getting slapped around by the Disney people — it was all fun."

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End was to premiere Wednesday and open in theaters across the United States and elsewhere on May 24.

Depp stars as the eclectic and mascara-fancying pirate Captain Jack Sparrow, who is rescued at the beginning of the movie from Davy Jones' Locker, where he wound up last year at the end of Dead Man's Chest, to begin a journey that takes the Black Pearl and its crew to, well, the end of the world.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Jack | Pirates | Will | Caribbean | Johnny Depp | Captain | Orlando Bloom
It's not an easy story to follow.

Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley) and Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) must rescue Jack and round up the Nine Lords of the Brethren Court to stop the Machiavellian Lord Cutler Beckett (Tom Hollander), head of the East India Co., from ridding the world of pirates.

Will also wants to free his father, Bootstrap Bill (Stellan Skarsgard, still covered in barnacles), from the ghost ship the Flying Dutchman, which Beckett controls. At the same time, Davy Jones (Bill Nighy, still covered in tentacles) wants to get his heart back, which is trapped inside a chest, which Beckett's goons control. And Will and Elizabeth must win each other's hearts back after various romantic stops and starts.

The film completes what had originally been intended as a trilogy of movies based on the ride by the same name at Disneyland.

Depp, who was nominated for an Oscar for his quirky portrayal of Captain Jack, said the pirates may rise again.

"There was always that potential that each of us would have to say goodbye to the character," Depp said. "But if it is over, which one never knows, Captain Jack will always be with me."

Even so, producer Jerry Bruckheimer cautioned that no one will be jumping right back into the waters.

"This is the end for now," he said. "I think everybody is exhausted and needs some time off. We're all going to take a little break."

radiohost

There is no way this will be the final film. Disney has made FAR TOO MUCH MONEY to put an end to Capn Jack just yet. Right now wdw and disneyland are what I call pirate crazy. Everywhere you go, no matter what gift shop it is or whether its resort or park, there is always somthing to do with pirates.

Disney will make over 1 billion dollars through all 3 movies after this film premieres this weekend. This is through ticket sales and mechandise. For Capn Jack to sail into the sunset one final time would be insanity. It may be a few years, but trust me, we havent seen the last of Captain Jack Sparrow.

Radiohost:cool:

erasure fan1

As much as I would like to see this be the last film I think we will see a 4th and then some spinoffs. If Depp comes back and its a few years down the road and they take the time to come up with a great script, I wouldnt mind it.

I for one would like to know what happened to Jack after he escaped from the island that Barbosa left him on until the time we first meet Jack on his sinking ship in the first movie.

Nicole220

I'm all for a 4th movie if it's a quality movie with a great script, effects, characters, plot, etc.

Some people want prequals to tell the story of when the characters were young, but that wouldn't work because Johnny can't play a teen/ much younger person. The only way the movie will survive is if Johnny is in it.

haveyoumetmark

I wonder what Disney did to Depp because every interview he's in, he rags on the Disney people. I think he even did it on the red carpet.

Nicole220

I wonder what Disney did to Depp because every interview he's in, he rags on the Disney people. I think he even did it on the red carpet.
They didn't like the way he was acting as Jack Sparrow. If I remember correctly (don't quote me on this) Disney was going to fire him because of his portrayal of Jack. *again I'm not certain*

Of course, that all changed once they saw what a money maker he was. :rolleyes:

darthjohnny

I'm sure there will be a fourth Pirates.

I haven't heard of Depp bashing Disney or visa-versa.

It seems like they are always saying something different though. Some news makes it seem like this will be the end, others make it seem like there will definately be another one.

Though I heard the reason Keira Knightley didn't show up at the premiere was because she if filming another movie, I have heard she is shy of the red carpet, and might consider stop acting all together. :shrug:

But I think they will be all back for another movie, although we probably won't see one for at least a couple of years.

Mufasa's Pride

The earliest the next possible Pirate movie could come out would be filmed in 2010 and come out in 2011 due to scheduling conflicts with Depp.

Gore Verbinski has said on many that he is pirated-out, so who knows.

Kind of like Castaway except with Jack Sparrow?:ROFLOL:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
OMG that's not what I was thinking at all but that would funny.

I completely understand that a pirate movie without Jack/Johnny would be weird but, I can't help myself from drawing parallels between Pirates and Star Wars.

If anything we'll probably see one in about 3+ years, same time as between 1 + 2.

I think I read somewhere that Keira whats to take a break from Pirates for a while. I could imagine it being a tough movie to film.

firefly594

I think it would be really interesting to see Capt Jack as a child and see how he became the pirate he is today. Just please do not let whoever cast the parts in the newer Star Wars do the casting! Young Darth Vader and older wife = worst acting and lines in a movie.

~Donna

Nicole220

I think it would be really interesting to see Capt Jack as a child and see how he became the pirate he is today. Just please do not let whoever cast the parts in the newer Star Wars do the casting! Young Darth Vader and older wife = worst acting and lines in a movie.

~Donna
But that would be hard because Johnny can't play a child/ teen/ young adult. He's one of ,if not, the main reason people come to watch the Pirate movies. They would suffer greatly without him.

If they do, I wouldn't expect to see Orlando Bloom in it. He has decided to dissapear from films for quite some time. I'm sure he'll pop up again somewhere, but in an interview he said that this was it for him for a while. He hit the ground when Black Hawk Down started and hasn't looked back since. He said he's tired and ready for a lengthy amount of time off.

wbt06

i dont think there will be another one the way it ended shows he is a pirate and will keep on adventures but i dont think we will be on his next voyage. people forget that the movies are not just about him. he is actually more of a side caracter compared to will and elisabith. the movies where about there transformations not his.

Nicole220

i dont think there will be another one the way it ended shows he is a pirate and will keep on adventures but i dont think we will be on his next voyage. people forget that the movies are not just about him. he is actually more of a side caracter compared to will and elisabith. the movies where about there transformations not his.
But....but....we can't just leave Jack out in the middle of the ocean in a dingy!! :lol:

I think Jack had some transforming moments in the past two movies. In the second, he decided to go back to the Pearl instead of running away. In the third, he had Will stab the heart instead of himself. We know that throught the movie he wanted to be the one to stab the heart, but helped Will do it to save his life.

wbt06

you are right i did not think of that but who knows i guess we will have to wait and see if anotherone comes out but i dont expect anyone but jack and barbosa to be in it

Wilt Dasney

They may have intended the movies to be about Will and Elizabeth, but it's always been about Jack for me. Will and Elizabeth = :snore:

I see where you're coming from.

Will and Elizabeth have been "evolving" over the course of the series.

Jack hasn't had to "evolve" because he's been perfectly intriguing and entertaining from his first moment on screen.

A Pirates movie without Jack would be like a Superman movie set around Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom