More park planning detail

ELIZABETHsandoz

ok, I have lots of ideas, but im not sure how many rides we can do at MK in one day. My kids are 4 and 6 we will not nap the first day they will go all night. (the rest of the days we will nap or swim) We are trying for bkfst with cindy. 1st thing in am and then on Adventureland. I need to get an idea of how many rides we can do. My kids have picked some they must do, but I need to know how many rides we can do in a day break for lunch and then go.

Thanks

DisJosh

If your starting in Adventureland you'll be going clockwise. I'll list for you all the E ticket rides or major atractions that you wont want to miss.

Adventureland:
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Your kids will probably want to ride the new Aladdin magic carpets.....there arent usually long lines for it so go for it.

Fronteir Land:
Splash mountain
Big Thunder Mountain

Liberty Square:
Haunted Mansion

Fantasy Land:
There are lots of rides here that your kids will probably enjoy more than you but dont miss the Peter Pan ride or the tea cups.....your kids will probably also gravitate to Dumbo and the Carousel

Mickeys Toon Town Fair:
Barnstormer(very very mild kiddie coaster)
Your kids will most likely love it here.......they can mean lots of characters including MICKEY!

Tomorow Land:
Space Mountain(not one the kids will enjoy I dont think.....)
Alien Encounter(NOT for the youngins!!!)
Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger spin(kids will love it almost as much as i do)
Carousel of Progress(not a must see but a personal fav)
Astro Orbiters(kids will love it unless theyre afraid of heights)
Tomorow Land Transit Authority(great way to check out space mountain b4 riding and a good one to rest on.....maby even a SHORT nap for the kids)

Those are just major attraction that I dont think you should miss........hard to do all of this in one day unless youre very familiar with the park. I'm sure your kids will also get side tracked by many other atractions along the way.....and not all of the atractions I named are fun for the kids....or the kids may be to short to ride. It's up to you but I wouldnt miss any of those....if you get a chance to go at a slower pace around the park you can t ake in alot more stuff that I didnt mention. GOOD LUCK!!

Upvote 0

ELIZABETHsandoz

Original Poster
Thanks

thats what I needed a play by play. I know its subject to a whim or two once we get to the park, but now I have direction. Can you tell me if there is a stage located on the Fantasyland side of the castle. Several things I read talk about performances being done in front of the castle, but they refrence Fantasyland??

Thanks

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by ELIZABETHsandoz
ok, I have lots of ideas, but im not sure how many rides we can do at MK in one day. My kids are 4 and 6 we will not nap the first day they will go all night. (the rest of the days we will nap or swim) We are trying for bkfst with cindy. 1st thing in am and then on Adventureland. I need to get an idea of how many rides we can do. My kids have picked some they must do, but I need to know how many rides we can do in a day break for lunch and then go.
Thanks

Liz....you sound stressed....

Nobody can tell you this information with any accuracy cuz how fast you move thru the parks depends on many, many factors and YOUR kids... Since your kids have already picked the rides that are a "must see," concentrate on those and play it by ear the rest of the time.

Did you ever hear the saying that "when you're up to your in aligators, you have a tendency to forget your initial intention was to drain the swamp."

The best laid plans at Disney go down the toilet when a kid gets cranky, it rains, or the lines are too long, etc etc....I think you better plan on being as flexible as possible while loosely following your itinerary.

List the rides your kids want to see and someone can help you decide the best way to see them.

I wonder if the Christmas Parade is running at that time?

Upvote 0

ELIZABETHsandoz

Original Poster
Not stressed just nervous - excited

Gotta see/do Rides - Magic carpets - Buzz lightyear - small world Dumbo - Lion King- Characters: Buzz lightyear and gang. Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.

This is the must from the kids

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Thanks

thats what I needed a play by play. I know its subject to a whim or two once we get to the park, but now I have direction. Can you tell me if there is a stage located on the Fantasyland side of the castle. Several things I read talk about performances being done in front of the castle, but they refrence Fantasyland??

Thanks

Main Street runs up to the castle. The stage is in front of it, facing Main Street. Fantasyland is behind the castle (there is a walkway through the castle, also paths going to other lands at the sides) When a performance is going on, the walkway through the castle is usually blocked. It will be self explanatory when you see it. :) The performances don't affect the rides in Fantasyland, except for getting TO Fantasyland.

Upvote 0

Tramp

Re: Thanks

Thanks

Liz....if the stuff you're reading is old, it may be referring to a stage that use to be in fantasyland, now occupied by ariel's grotto. There were short performances on that stage.

By the way, the show in front of the castle is TERRIFIC....the 'kids of the kingdom' do a good job.
when i was there last week, there were NO performances during the day cuz of the heat (they finally smartened up) and had two performances at night which looked cool under the lights.

In Nov/Dec they will probably have mid-day shows. Try to see it.

Upvote 0

DisJosh

Re: Re: More park planning detail

Originally posted by Tramp

Liz....you sound stressed....

Nobody can tell you this information with any accuracy cuz how fast you move thru the parks depends on many, many factors and YOUR kids... Since your kids have already picked the rides that are a "must see," concentrate on those and play it by ear the rest of the time.

Did you ever hear the saying that "when you're up to your in aligators, you have a tendency to forget your initial intention was to drain the swamp."

The best laid plans at Disney go down the toilet when a kid gets cranky, it rains, or the lines are too long, etc etc....I think you better plan on being as flexible as possible while loosely following your itinerary.

List the rides your kids want to see and someone can help you decide the best way to see them.

I wonder if the Christmas Parade is running at that time?

Tramps got the right idea. The best thing you can do is familiarize your self witht the lay out of the parks by checkin out a map or two and then just play it by ear. On all 7 of my trips I have never planned what parks I would go to or what I would do. It makes everything alot more enjoyable....so just take it easy and dont try to cram every single thing in.

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Re: Not stressed just nervous - excited

Gotta see/do Rides - Magic carpets - Buzz lightyear - small world Dumbo - Lion King- Characters: Buzz lightyear and gang. Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.

This is the must from the kids

Shouldnt have any problems there. what are ur must things to do?

Upvote 0

Mikejakester

Set Lion king right in the middle of all rides...

it;s a nice place to rest...(confy cool place) thats the place were I charged up to keep going...and your intertained in the process..

Upvote 0

disneymomw3boys

WDW Planning

Two of my boys were ages 4 and 5 when we went in '94. I found it helpful to write down the rides I wanted to see at each Park in some kind of "geographic" order on a little Index card. (The Passporter - www.passporter.com-- includes great maps of the parks that would help here.) But I also knew which things were "must see's" for us, like Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean etc.

I found that we could get through the days well if we were good about early bedtimes. Nowadays, as they're older, we take pool breaks during the days and stay out later.

However, everyone is very right in saying that one key to making it a really enjoyable time is to listen to your mom's intuition about what the kids/family can handle. You know what pace you can endure for how long.

Your energy level on day four will not be equal to day one. You have to know when the adrenaline will be pumping, and when you might hit 'a wall'. I've found that the day after an E-night almost always must be low key.

My mom planned an "active" vs "not-so-active" schedule. The second schedule included a later wake-up, maybe a nap or swim break, and a longer, sit down dinner, maybe a show. That way, depending on how we felt, we could tackle something either ambitious or more realistic.

Hope that helps! Have a great time!! I'm so jealous!

Lori

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom