More New Attraction-Specific Merchandise

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
This is a great sign...my past few trips, I was disappointed in the lack of attraction-specific merchandise, but recent posts about new IaSW merch (plus retro Epcot shirts, the Figment and Dreamfinder shirts...what else am I missing?), and now these new (awesome, I might add) Splash Mountain shirts, hopefully signals a new wave of cool merchandise at WDW :)

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/08/making-a-splash-from-coast-to-coast/

_Scar

I saw that and I love it!

I'd love to see them develop more merch for Space Mountain and Big Thunder. I'd totally buy.

DDPGambit

I saw the "Soaking Awesome" shirt last week, and I was slightly taken aback...maybe my mind's just in the gutter, haha!
I will agree that I'm very happy to see more attraction specific merchandise, especially in light of the whole "blandization" that's occurred in recent years.

SoccerMickey

Slightly off topic, but some friends and I went to Trail's End for dinner the other night and stopped at the two Fort Wilderness Trading Posts only to find that there was not ONE lick of merchandise dedicated to Fort Wilderness. I know the topic of resort-specific merchandise going away has been brought up but I at least thought with the number of campers who love to blazen their trailers with flair from the different sites they visited plus all the love that the Fort Wilderness merch has always received with really nice images of the characters and mostly Chip and Dale (my favorites) we would still see this line continued.
However, going to the Polynesian this week, that merchandise is still there. Most of it features Stitch, but I wonder if that will be going away soon too.

LowesChevy

If you build it they will come...

Non dated, attraction specific merchandise should sell well, how many fab 4 or 5 shirts do we need to have in our wardrobe?

prberk

This seems to be a good sign with the attraction-specific merchandise, but I also agree with SoccerMickey that Fort Wilderness especially should have resort-specific merchandise (especially with Chip and Dale or -skin-capped Mickey).

They also need more RV-camping merchandise. They should have a dual audience: Disney families and RV-ers, because they are (or were) a first-class campground. They should have a separate marketing focus that gets into the RV world. In fact, they could become partners with the Contemporary and host an RV and bass fishing expo easily, that would fill up space during an off season.

Anyhow, that is another topic, but still underlies how the company could benefit from resort-specific emphases, and look beyond the generic "Disney" characters and branding for marketing. To use popular business school vernacular, they need to remember how to "leverage" the "diversity" of their "portfolio" of "assets" more effectively....

Paul

DisneyLeo18

I saw the "Soaking Awesome" shirt last week, and I was slightly taken aback...maybe my mind's just in the gutter, haha!
I will agree that I'm very happy to see more attraction specific merchandise, especially in light of the whole "blandization" that's occurred in recent years.

I think that was their goal. :ROFLOL:

But that's what makes it a good shirt, I might get one myself.

WorldKey

I personally find this shirt pretty shocking - that Disney would approve of a phase that clearly is playing on another word that is beyond vulgar. Walt would be rollin' if he knew. And that upper Design management would approve is even more shocking......I always thought that Disney might be the last 'clean' refuge in the world but that is changing fast with new 'young' management.....

Dizmentia

How about "Sofa King Awesome?" Ha ha ha! Wow, I want to buy this before they decide to stop selling it!

John

As long as they get rid of the Vinylmation line.....I dont care what they do. This line of mech. is an abomination. A huge mistake. A pile of crap! Sure the whole merch thing is a pet peeve of mine, there is nothing I hate more about WD then this line. They cant give it away.

Its unimaginative, cheap and someone tell what the point of it is? I mean does Disney test market their ideas?

I know its not always a good thing but there is one thing you can always count on with Disney....is CHANGE! weather you like it or not they are always changeing. And believe it or not....they do hear your complaints. They didnt become the top vacation destination in the world by turning their backs on their customer base. YES....I know you may not believe it but its true. Just remember...you cant please everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom