More money for Pixar?!? Tom Staggs speaks...

candyman9585

Original Poster
Tomg Staggs held a conference today and made it known that more money will be hauled over to the parks this year. However, and i quote:

"The company was planning to invest "a little more" in its theme parks in fiscal 2007 than last year, especially around attractions derived from its Pixar animated films, he said."

Hmm..is this more attention going to be for the new Toy Story ride? or just upgrades to the existing Pixar attractions?? Maybe more Pixar attractions/shows?? I mean Nemo's multi park parade is on it's way to full opening, and the laugh floor is opening soon too. So there's my thoughts. Have a magical day all!! :xmas:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061205/media_nm/disney_cfo_dc_3

Sir Hiss527

Tomg Staggs held a conference today and made it known that more money will be hauled over to the parks this year. However, and i quote:

The company was planning to invest "a little more" in its theme parks in fiscal 2007 than last year, especially around attractions derived from its Pixar animated films, he said.

Hmm..is this more attention going to be for the new Toy Story ride? or just upgrades to the existing Pixar attractions?? Maybe more Pixar attractions/shows?? I mean Nemo's multi park parade is on it's way to full opening, and the laugh floor is opening soon too. So there's my thoughts. Have a magical day all!! :xmas:

New Toy Story ride? Explain someone..Thanks!

Skippy

Jim Hill as suggested source... ehhh..
To each his own, I suggest searching the forums for more information on Midway Mania. :wave:

mkepcotmgmak

hmm... i thought lasseter was putting a hold on pixar attractions-

but - it does sound nice to hear that more money will be pumped into the parks this year... :)

csm

The company was planning to invest "a little more" in its theme parks in fiscal 2007 than last year, especially around attractions derived from its Pixar animated films, he said.

It's not a direct quote when you add quotation marks around certain words with the intent to skew the context to support your point...

candyman9585

Original Poster
WELL if you took the time that it took you to write that response and went to the news story you would SEE that it came directly from the page, exactly like that. Great idea don't you think? Try it out next time before you go bashing people. Thanks. :lol:

TP2000

Jim Hill as suggested source... ehhh..
To each his own, I suggest searching the forums for more information on Midway Mania. :wave:

There is actually a lot of information on Midway Mania from an Al Lutz update on Miceage from September 12th, 2006. http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al091206a.htm So far, most of the "info" I have seen on message boards is just rehashed and reworded versions of the info originally posted by Al Lutz three months ago. You might as well just get it straight from the same source everyone else is.

The Midway Mania info is on the second page of the update. WDW fans should be cautioned however that the first page of this particular update has quite a bit of information that is unflattering to WDW's Magic Kingdom. If you are a sensitive type person you might want to skip directly to the second page and the Midway Mania info. :cool:

RSoxNo1

This seems to be all about the Disneyland version of the ride. I was under the impression that Disneyland was getting a completely different version of the ride than what is going in at MGM.

SeanC

This seems to be all about the Disneyland version of the ride. I was under the impression that Disneyland was getting a completely different version of the ride than what is going in at MGM.

Curious...where/how did you get that impression? I got the idea they would pretty much be clones. Would love to know if I missed something.

MetFan81

The DL ride is being constructed first. However, when complete both attractions will either be clones or very close sister attractions. The only likely difference is a difference in size.

sknydave

Does Disney have rights to any Pixar film? A simulator ride featuring the CARS characters or maybe something similar to spiderman at IOA featuring the Incredibles would be cool

Lee

Adventurer
The DL ride is being constructed first. However, when complete both attractions will either be clones or very close sister attractions. The only likely difference is a difference in size.

Actually, the one at the Studios will open first, I believe.

RSoxNo1

I think I was confusing this with the Monster's Inc attraction at DCA. That has to be the omnimover that I was thinking of.

Is there an ETA on Midway Mania for The Studios? How about an ETA on the official announcement?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom