More money for Pixar?!? Tom Staggs speaks...

Tornado

Lee,
I know you know alot more about this than I do, but I thought MM was already under construction at DL. Has MM even been confirmed for the studios yet??

It is already under construction at DL, but they have to build a show building from scratch, whereas at WDW, it's most likley going into the old Millionaire building at MGM, so they could be working on it behind closed doors.

sanctumsolitude

Exact quote (well, as best as I did writing it down as I listened to it):

“Our capital expenditures will go up by 400-500 million dollars in 2007 compared to 2006 and about half of that is going to be in our domestic theme parks… What we are doing in theme parks is trying to make sure, of course, that we keep our properties fresh, but we are also focusing that investment around really leveraging more of our creative content and in this instance, over the next several years we will see a lot of that in the Pixar properties. So, this year, there are a couple of Nemo attractions opening - submarine attraction at Disneyland, a new stage show at the Animal Kingdom in Florida, we’ve got a Monsters based attraction opening up on the heels of the California-based one opening up last year…”

csm

The DL ride is being constructed first. However, when complete both attractions will either be clones or very close sister attractions. The only likely difference is a difference in size.

Clearly 'first' is a word here being used to mean 'at the same time'.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
About MM..

If you don't think they're building it at MGM in the old Millionaire building you're in denial.

They've got huge worklights that are on after dark and are visible from the roads that travel behind that area of the park and you can hear the construction work. The glass doors that lead into Million have signs on them (on the inside) that say "Construction Area - Do Not Enter" and Narnia closed for no reason as did the Backlot Tour. The two attractions that flank that building. It's obviously so they could do massive work on that location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom