More darkrides needed!!! ANyone agree?

sublimesting

Original Poster
I think the tomorrowland motor speedway has seen it's time. It isn't necessarrily a beloved attraction and takes up alot of space. Personally I would like to see it removed and have the space divided up among Fantasyland, Tommorrowland and ToonTown.
One reason is that I think Disney World is sorely lacking in the Pinocchio and Alice in Wonderland Dept (yeah I know they have the tea cups). Both of those movies ESPECIALLY Alice lend themselves perfectly to dark ride status. I have always felt the MK was missing something without those darkrides.
Tomorrowland doesn't necessarrily need another attraction to replace this but Toontown is lacking as well. It too could us a darkride themed with....Disney characters like Mickey and Donald, etc.. I can't believe they don't have one. It could take you through classic Disney film scenes such as Mickey and the Beanstalk, Mickey, Donald and Goofy going camping (and the camper breaks loose), etc.

sublimesting

Original Poster
I like the darkrides because your totally imerssed among cartoons, which is awesome. Darkrides are also popular as they are always jam-packed AND they really eat up the crowds.

lilclerk

I'm a huge Alice fan and would pass out if they ever brought the dark ride from DL to the MK.
I think a classic-toon dark ride would be cute too.

autigger

I think the tomorrowland motor speedway has seen it's time. It isn't necessarrily a beloved attraction and takes up alot of space.
Riding with my son on the Indy Speedway last summer and having my little boy drive the car was one our favorite memories of our entire trip.

My son was very proud of himself. My wife caught a great picture of the two of us and gave it to me on Father's Day. It has sat on my desk since.

The Speedway is a classic and the park would certainly be missing "something" if it were gone.

Walt's entire purpose of building Disneyland was so that parents and kids could have fun together. The Speedway is one of the better attractions for this purpose.

lilclerk

Walt's entire purpose of building Disneyland was so that parents and kids could have fun together. The Speedway is one of the better attractions for this purpose.

I totally agree. I don't have kids, and I don't particularly like the Speedway, but it (or something similar) should stick around for this reason.

You can't have enough dark rides. Have animontronics and good story lines, that's what WDW does best. I do agree that the speedway could be gotten rid of too, it's not an especially unique attraction.

DocHoliday

I love dark rides but I would miss the "race cars" as my brother and I called it. They really need to make the cars run off of bio diesel or something.

The speedway will never be removed. The chance for children to drive a car is too great and I don't know what you mean by saying "It isn't necessarrily a beloved attraction". EVERY TIME I walk past there, the line is out the doors.

As far as more "darkness". I kinda agree. But then if darkness/mystical element is the goal, then they would have left Toad & 20k.

Like I read on one of these boards. Disney World has enought property to build rides without having to remove the ones that are there.

MojoMax

I also love the dark rides and would like more. I do not like the idea of giving up the speedway for them however. As was mentioned earlier the cars are a great "high" for the little ones to be big enough to drive and a parent to share that joy with. Maybe they could update it ...like make it themed from the Movie Cars. I would like that.

Eyorefan

I also love the dark rides and would like more. I do not like the idea of giving up the speedway for them however. As was mentioned earlier the cars are a great "high" for the little ones to be big enough to drive and a parent to share that joy with. Maybe they could update it ...like make it themed from the Movie Cars. I would like that.

I had to laugh when I read that. I got this mental image of kids in line getting high off of all the gas fumes ...

:ROFLOL:

Sorry, I know... totally OT... you can ignore me now.

PeoplemoverTTA

I love experiencing Pinocchio and Alice when visiting DL. I think it's a bit too late to bring them to WDW, though.

I was thoroughly entertained with the new Monsters Inc. dark ride at DCA. Dark rides, IMO, are supposed to place you "inside" the movie, and this attraction does this excellently. The scene where all the doors are surrounding you (representative of the climax of the film), is extremely effective. What's great is the traditional "feel" of dark rides is maintained, yet WDI flexes some new technology in the attraction as well, bringing guests a "modern" dark ride.

I would have rather seen that attraction appear in WDW than the Laugh Floor, by far. If they can continue to create dark rides like Monsters Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue, with other newer films, WDI will be on the right track, and again, this is all IMHO.

um...NO! :wave:

I am starting to really get sick of Pixar. I know Disney and Pixar have a deal, but it' slike back when it was MGM studios it was DISNEY with a few MGM things, now it's PIXAR with a few Disney things.

Anyway sorry for the off topic.

cpeterstx

Here Here! I agree. The dark rides are quintessential Disney as far as I'm concerned. Sure, I want more Everest type rides as well but the dark rides are fun, relaxing, and immerse you in the story. I love them.

raven

I too think that Alic and Pinochio needs to be added to MK as well as a couple of other original ones. The Speedway would be a good area as well as the site of the old subs. I know a new Fantasyland darkride would be horrific on wait times for guests but maybe a newer version of Alice will larger capacity would work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom