More Character Variety In Other Parks?

Random Vids Inc

Original Poster
Anyone else notice that there is more of a variety of characters in other Disney Parks then there are in Disney World?

I've been watching on Youtube where Tokyo has parades that feature tons of characters. Clara Cluck, Clarice from the Chip & Dale Cartoons, and even the rest of the experiments from Stitch.

Disneyland even gets Jack Skellington and Sally!

Where's the characters for Disney World? I'd love to see some of these characters out more! :shrug:

_Scar

I got the impression that WDW gets way more of a variety than Disneyland/DLP from looking at trip reports and those kinds of things. And Tokyo has a wide variety of characters, but I'm sure some that appear here don't appear there for popularity reasons and vice/versa.

drew81

Tokyo definitely has more rare and different characters than WDW has. Meet n greet characters-3 Little Pigs, Miss Bianca and Bernard, Disney Bear(Duffy), Chef Louis etc.

They also have Huey, Dewey and Louie in parades. The characters have a HUGE following there. They are treated like rock stars.

JimboJones123

Tokyo definitely has more rare and different characters than WDW has. Meet n greet characters-3 Little Pigs, Miss Bianca and Bernard, Disney Bear(Duffy), Chef Louis etc.

They also have Huey, Dewey and Louie in parades. The characters have a HUGE following there. They are treated like rock stars.

Hopefully they aren't treated like rock stars at a B&N book signing like they are here. Down with autograph books!

DisneyNut2007

Hopefully they aren't treated like rock stars at a B&N book signing like they are here. Down with autograph books!

BE RESPECTFUL OF AUTOGRAPH BOOKS! :mad:

Collecting character autographs is just as fun as getting pictures with them.

And, yeah, I've always felt that DL usually does the WORST job when it comes to maintaining variety with their meet-and-greet characters. :(

WDW, TDL, DLP, HKDL and even the Cruise Line ships do a far better job of keeping their character offerings vast and varied, whereas DL doesn't seem to try hard enough most of the time on that front.

Buried20KLeague

Great story:

When we were at Tokyo Disney, we got there one of the mornings before the gates opened. About 5 minutes before opening, a TON of characters came out in the big plaza, just on the other side of the gates. The crowd starting going NUTS. We started to realize that we were there for different reasons than that crowd! We wanted to go straight to Pooh's Hunny Hunt and get a few rides in a row in before a line started forming... Everyone ELSE was there to get to the characters! They opened the gates, and people literally went running for the different characters! We were the only people going past all that toward the World Bazaar.

Also, for whatever reason, they practically WORSHIP Marie from Aristocats over there. We'd see her in a show, or parade, or out and about, and the crowd would be crazy... Nearly as much as with Mickey. We couldn't figure it out, except for maybe the similar look to Hello Kitty? Don't know. :shrug:

But WOW, we loved Tokyo. The city, the people, and especially the Disney parks. We miss it very much. :(

Thanks for sharing that. Now I definitely want to go to Tokyo Disney and Disney Sea. How was Disney Sea?

Great story:

When we were at Tokyo Disney, we got there one of the mornings before the gates opened. About 5 minutes before opening, a TON of characters came out in the big plaza, just on the other side of the gates. The crowd starting going NUTS. We started to realize that we were there for different reasons than that crowd! We wanted to go straight to Pooh's Hunny Hunt and get a few rides in a row in before a line started forming... Everyone ELSE was there to get to the characters! They opened the gates, and people literally went running for the different characters! We were the only people going past all that toward the World Bazaar.

Also, for whatever reason, they practically WORSHIP Marie from Aristocats over there. We'd see her in a show, or parade, or out and about, and the crowd would be crazy... Nearly as much as with Mickey. We couldn't figure it out, except for maybe the similar look to Hello Kitty? Don't know. :shrug:

But WOW, we loved Tokyo. The city, the people, and especially the Disney parks. We miss it very much. :(

asianway

Anyone else notice that there is more of a variety of characters in other Disney Parks then there are in Disney World?

I've been watching on Youtube where Tokyo has parades that feature tons of characters. Clara Cluck, Clarice from the Chip & Dale Cartoons, and even the rest of the experiments from Stitch.

Disneyland even gets Jack Skellington and Sally!

Where's the characters for Disney World? I'd love to see some of these characters out more! :shrug:

Most discussions as to the why would surround character integrity, which I try to stay away from. Suffice to say, efficiency is king at TDO/WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom