News More Character Dining to Return at Walt Disney World

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Crystal Palace: A Buffet with Characters featuring Winnie the Pooh and Friends returns September 20th.

‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo and Stitch returns September 27th.

Cape May Café Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast returns October 4th.

Animaniac93-98

I feel like Akershus won't be back. At all.

This would surprise me quite a bit.

All 3 meals were booked out months in advance. It's popularity was undeniable.

Staffing is no doubt the issue here, but if they can't resolve that it would be a shame to lose the restaurant, characters or not, altogether.

Rteetz

Great news, but you can see it's way easier to fill costume roles than character roles.

Starting to feel like Akershus and 1900 Park Fare won't make it back until 2023. Ditto the pre-pandemic Bon Voyage and the multiple princesses at CRT.
If it was so easy they’d have these back already and others.

mattpeto

If it was so easy they’d have these back already and others.
Right. It's easier to fill the costumed roles than to have face characters. That's why there is a timetable for the Fall for those experiences to return to normal.

Filling up Akershus (or CRT) with 4 or 5 rotating princesses continuously is a little harder unless they are going to start putting foams head of Ariel and Belle on cast members.

Stupido

Oh that's sad, I'm starting to give up hope that CRT will be back at that pre-pandemic experience before our trip in late October. It's still only Cinderella giving the distanced wave, correct?

Rteetz

Right. It's easier to fill the costumed roles than to have face characters. That's why there is a timetable for the Fall for those experiences to return to normal.

Filling up Akershus (or CRT) with 4 or 5 rotating princesses continuously is a little harder unless they are going to start putting foams head of Ariel and Belle on cast members.
No I’m disagreeing with you. All of these roles are not currently easy to full foam head or not. If they were so easy they’d all be back already. They aren’t waiting until September just for kicks and giggles.

mattpeto

Great news, but you can see it's way easier to fill costume roles than character roles.

Starting to feel like Akershus and 1900 Park Fare won't make it back until 2023. Ditto the pre-pandemic Bon Voyage and the multiple princesses at CRT.

No I’m disagreeing with you. All of these roles are not currently easy to full foam head or not. If they were so easy they’d all be back already. They aren’t waiting until September just for kicks and giggles.

Easier.

Not easy.

mattpeto

It's interesting that they opened up Artist Point last December, but when you start to dig a little bit it makes sense why. That location is only opened for dinner and they only needed two face characters (Snow White and the Evil Queen). Maybe they have 3 shifts of rotating cast members?

1900 Park Fare was opened for breakfast and dinner, with a different set of characters. Akershus, was the true juggernaut, opened all day at EPCOT.

In terms of sorting out complexity (kitchen/staffing, characters, etc) for past character meals, I'll take a shot at what could come next:
  • Tusker House and Chef Mickey's will convert back to a buffet
  • Breakfast options return at Crystal Place and Garden Grill
  • Bon Voyage Breakfast returns at the Boardwalk (only 4 face characters are needed)
  • Cindy's friends return at CRT
  • 1900 Park Fare reopens
  • Akershus reopens
We also don't know if Rodeo BBQ restaurant will feature characters, but if they do it will likely be costumed characters.

tcool123

If their is an issue on casting face characters for CRT they should use fur characters from the film including Suzy, Perla, Jaq, and Gus Gus. Technically they could port over the Fairy Godmother from Tokyo as well given its not a face character there either.

If Akershus reopens I wouldn't be surprised if they turned that into a Frozen character meal. Elsa, Anna, Olaf and Kristoff. They then could use Restaurant Marrakesh as a place where Jasmine has invited all her princess friends to come visit her while she's on visit in Morocco. Boom two popular character meals at Epcot utilizing closed restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom