More buffets and restaurants returning to Walt Disney World including Crystal Palace and Biergarten

Jambo Dad

We are there in three weeks - I have added two Boma dinners and one breakfast. That will make up for our trip this past spring. First trip in a decade and a half without boma.

Buffets do not have an increased risk. Patrons are masked, there is a sneeze shield, and some items like the corn chowder are now in little bowls.

Figments Friend

The only bad news here is that Crystal Palace is going back to buffet style. The current menu and the all you care to eat option they 'changed' to during COVID was far superior to their buffet.

This has been on my mind since hearing about Crystal Palace going back to being a buffet.

I booked a reservation on Oct 1st for lunch based on the appealing 'southern style' menu options.
I love catfish and fixin's.
It's a place I have wanted to experience for years, but didn't care for the Pooh & Friends character meal options and the associated price tag.
This time around however, this was my chance to enjoy a meal here without the expense and enjoy some unique options.

So slightly disappointed in the news, but admit I am still interested to hear more about what the actual buffet selections will be.
I will keep my reservation on that coveted day ( no other dining options ).
Still glad I will be able to experience the space without Pooh n' Pals.

-

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
This has been on my mind since hearing about Crystal Palace going back to being a buffet.

I booked a reservation on Oct 1st for lunch based on the appealing 'southern style' menu options.
I love catfish and fixin's.
It's a place I have wanted to experience for years, but didn't care for the Pooh & Friends character meal options and the associated price tag.
This time around however, this was my chance to enjoy a meal here without the expense and enjoy some unique options.

So slightly disappointed in the news, but admit I am still interested to hear more about what the actual buffet selections will be.
I will keep my reservation on that coveted day ( no other dining options ).
Still glad I will be able to experience the space without Pooh n' Pals.

-
It’s really too bad. I mentioned this in a trip report, but it deserves repeating, CP was one of the best (if not THE best) meal of our last trip. Strange that a change made during Covid was actually a plus!

noquacks

Biergarten was infinitely better as family style.

(From another USC Trojan!), yes, I fully agree! I am a big fan of the Biergareden, but recently with their table service the food/selection has been very disappointing. Awful. Dried up small schnitzel, no sliced pork , no baked salmon with special sauce, just plenty of weiner meat. Desserts also limited.

Will check it out soon, so see if they have returned to their former glory.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Just made a Sept 14th Crystal Palace lunch reservation. I'm looking forward to going back, and hoping for a good experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom