More and More Fair tents are disappearing!

Wouldn't the plastic seats get dangerously hot without any shade? I think on the worst days you might have people getting burns on the backs of their thighs.

Dumbo, Alladin, Triceratops Spin, and Astro Orbiter are all outside with fiberglass vehicles and they dont burn people.

Captain Chaos

Dumbo, Alladin, Triceratops Spin, and Astro Orbiter are all outside with fiberglass vehicles and they dont burn people.

According to TDO, the cups are a different animal... They have to have covering, cause, you know, they MAY get hot and burn a guests legs and it will ruin their once in a lifetime vacation... Ohh the other rides?? Hmm, well, they don't get hot because... Umm, well.. HERE BUY OUR OVER PRICED RAGGITY TEE SHIRTS, PINS, PLUSHES!!!!!

Phew, got away with answering that one... :)

tsd15

If only WDW could get the incredible facades at Disneyland...(sighs wistfully)

With such a beautifully themed expansion in the form of Beast's Castle and the Little Mermaid Attraction, Fantasyland West could really use some TLC. I dream for the day when I can see Big Ben and the incredible IASW facade at the Magic Kingdom.

The Empress Lilly

I think the MK's FL is the fairest of them all...

I just love the MK's 'realist' look. It makes for such great placemaking. Paris' 'fairytale' look doesn't tranport me to another world, it transports me to a theme park.

DL's FL is charming, gorgeous. But not as grand as the one in the MK. All that the MK needs is a stunning expansion in the FLE plot. I am not the least bit envious of the DL / DLP Small World buildings either. Give me a village with closed rows of buuildings over freestanding buildings anyday. It makes for more intimacy.

Some tents changed for façades could work, though.

TP2000

I just love the MK's 'realist' look. It makes for such great placemaking. Paris' 'fairytale' look doesn't tranport me to another world, it transports me to a theme park.

DL's FL is charming, gorgeous. But not as grand as the one in the MK. All that the MK needs is a stunning expansion in the FLE plot. I am not the least bit envious of the DL / DLP Small World buildings either. Give me a village with closed rows of buuildings over freestanding buildings anyday. It makes for more intimacy.

Placemaking? The tents have great placemaking? I've never heard that before. You would have loved Disneyland's 1955-1982 look then! :lol:

KST_N07B_Right.jpg

In my humble opinion, what MK's Fantasyland needs the most is more RIDES. It's already missing a half dozen rides compared to Disneyland's Fantasyland, from A Ticket walk-throughs, to C Ticket train and dark rides, to E Ticket roller coasters. MK's Fantasyland just needs more rides, then they can worry about tent facades and such.

ERich2010

Placemaking? The tents have great placemaking? I've never heard that before. You would have loved Disneyland's 1955-1982 look then! :lol:

KST_N07B_Right.jpg

In my humble opinion, what MK's Fantasyland needs the most is more RIDES. It's already missing a half dozen rides compared to Disneyland's Fantasyland, from A Ticket walk-throughs, to C Ticket train and dark rides, to E Ticket roller coasters. MK's Fantasyland just needs more rides, then they can worry about tent facades and such.

i always thought of FL having the most rides

tirian

YES. FrL and AL each need another C- or D-ticket, too.

I don't mind keeping the castle fair look in the new courtyard area, and WDW's FL is much better than the old DL style that was replaced in the 80s. But FL needs more rides, period. It has the fewest out of all the Disney castle parks except HKDL. And no matter how nice the Mermaid attraction is, it won't be enough. Where's Toad, or Alice, or Pinocchio, or Casey Junior, or a Storybookland Cruise, or a walkthrough, or anything like that? The smaller attractions fill in the gaps between the E-tickets and help absorb guest flow.

That's why theme parks made up of primarily E-tickets seem to have "nothing to do" when bouncing from one big ride (and queue) to another. (I'm looking at you, DAK and IOA.)

Blueliner

YES. FrL and AL each need another C- or D-ticket, too.

I don't mind keeping the castle fair look in the new courtyard area, and WDW's FL is much better than the old DL style that was replaced in the 80s. But FL needs more rides, period. It has the fewest out of all the Disney castle parks except HKDL. And no matter how nice the Mermaid attraction is, it won't be enough. Where's Toad, or Alice, or Pinocchio, or Casey Junior, or a Storybookland Cruise, or a walkthrough, or anything like that? The smaller attractions fill in the gaps between the E-tickets and help absorb guest flow.

That's why theme parks made up of primarily E-tickets seem to have "nothing to do" when bouncing from one big ride (and queue) to another. (I'm looking at you, DAK and IOA.)

I had never really thought of it that way, but you're absolutely right. I have only been to Disneyland Resort once, but the sheer volume of the things to do and see, particularly in Fantasyland, was impressive. My wife and I did not even have our kids with us, but we rode everything and had a great time. You get to the end of the day and feel like you filled it up.

MadHatterJr

Going back to the original post, I was in the park this weekend and the "tent" above Peter Pan was back up. I wasn't able to get a pic since I left my camera at home.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
The tent look in the courtyard is fine with me. I'd just like to see more trees. I realize that there are utilidoors below, but there has to be a way to get a few more trees in front of Philharmagic and Snow White. Greenery would soften up the look of that whole area. As for more A-C ticket attractions, of course we could use a few more of those. I'd love to see an Alice hedgemaze (or other theme), and how about an Old Mill ferris wheel like DLP has (had). That would look great high on a hill in the FLE. How about an indoor version of Storybookland that not only features boats and trains but a walkthrough. Just some thoughts.

ryno1982

Lots of contradictions here. First of all, Disneyland Paris's Fantasyland is very close to Disneyland's as far as the actual buildings go. I don't understand how you can find one gorgeous and the other one not. And how are big boxy buildings like Philharmagic and IASW, and the giant Bavarian structures more intimate than Disneyland's quant Fantasyland. I'm just a little confused. :shrug:

DisneyParksFan1

IMO, what FYL West needs is the following:

-A village theme(That means no tents, and a facade refurb for all the attractions)
-More greenery.
-Internal MAJOR refurbs to all its rides.

That's all it needs.

Now as far as smaller attractions I think it needs Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr which could be over where Barnstormer is after the FLE. Mad Tea Party either needs to be moved or it should get more trees to block the view from Tomorrowland.

Horizonsfan

The tarps make it look much better if they aren't going to switch to the DL format all around. Honestly, I'd rather have completely updated interiors over updated exteriors but that just me.

TP2000

How about an indoor version of Storybookland that not only features boats and trains but a walkthrough.

Now that is an interesting concept! StorybookLand at Disneyland doesn't take up too much space, yet houses two seperate and popular rides winding amongst each other. A similar setup indoors to protect it from the Orlando climate would be interesting. But I wonder if having it indoors would make East Coasters unfamiliar with the Disneyland concept think it was just another Small World type ride?

Still, an indoor StorybookLand Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train for WDW's Fantasyland is a very unique and interesting idea! :wave:

florida_and_pomona_07_317__small__648.jpg

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/florida_and_pomona_07_317__small__648.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The tent look in the courtyard is fine with me. I'd just like to see more trees. I realize that there are utilidoors below, but there has to be a way to get a few more trees in front of Philharmagic and Snow White. Greenery would soften up the look of that whole area. As for more A-C ticket attractions, of course we could use a few more of those. I'd love to see an Alice hedgemaze (or other theme), and how about an Old Mill ferris wheel like DLP has (had). That would look great high on a hill in the FLE. How about an indoor version of Storybookland that not only features boats and trains but a walkthrough. Just some thoughts.

Not really sure how many of these there are, but this picture came from a Popular Mechanics article on the Magic Kingdom in 1971.

PM_flowerpot.jpg

Link to article for those who are interested in reading the whole thing.
http://books.google.com/books?id=Ut...1&as_pt=MAGAZINES&pg=PA94#v=onepage&q&f=false

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom